View Poll Results: Which company you prefer as co-developer of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Platinum Games

3 100.00%
  • Acquire

0 0%

What if Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance's second co-developer is Acquire (Tenchu series)?

This is a discussion on What if Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance's second co-developer is Acquire (Tenchu series)? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Tenchu series is a great stealth ninja series that I love very much, which blends both stealth and sword action ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

What if Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance's second co-developer is Acquire (Tenchu series)?

Tenchu series is a great stealth ninja series that I love very much, which blends both stealth and sword action perfectly. For those who did not know, Tenchu 1, 2, and 4 was developed by Acquire, whereas Tenchu 3 was developed by K2 LLC, which was absorbed into Capcom. So I was wandering earlier. What if Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance's gameplay is handled by Acquire whereas Kojima Productions handle the storyline of the game? Would you like Acquire as the co-developer of the game, or do you still prefer Platinum Games as the co-developer of the game?

Lvl 5 - Silver

Platinum Games is an amazing studio that has made Bayonetta, Vanquish, and Madworld. They are also made of parts of Clover Studios who made God Hand, Okami, and Viewtiful Joe. Their games are awesome and I can't wait to see how MGR turns out

Working On:
    "Fallout: New Vegas [Ultimate Edition]" - 59%,
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,
    "Dead Storm Pirates" - 52% (3/5 S Rank)

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

Judging based on Raiden in MGS4, and his sequences there, I actually feel Platinum is the better choice. He didn't really seem all that..well...stealthy, during the times you saw him. Sure, he talked about scouting techniques like a ninja, but that was about it.

If they were going for a true stealth styled game, then yes, I think Acquire would be a better fit - but I don't think that's really what they wanted, and it honestly doesn't seem like it'd mesh with the Raiden they set up in 4 - I think that's why they had so much trouble actually getting it to work, and why they went to Platinum in the first place.

I will say I hate that idiotic "Revengeance" name. At least "Integral", "Substance" and "Subsistence" were all real words and made some semblance of sense in regards to their respective games.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'd be over the moon if Acquire simply got to work on a PS3 Tenchu game! I love the Tenchu series, and am disappointed that it has not yet come to PS3.