Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Play: Syphon Filter 4, God of War IV announcements next month

This is a discussion on Play: Syphon Filter 4, God of War IV announcements next month within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; According to the Play magazine, God of War IV and Syphon Filter 4 will be announced for PS3 next month. ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Play: Syphon Filter 4, God of War IV announcements next month

According to the Play magazine, God of War IV and Syphon Filter 4 will be announced for PS3 next month.

Both Syphon Filter 4and God of War IV will be announced for PlayStation 3 next month, according to the latest issue of U.K. gaming magazine Play.Syphon Filter 4, says the mag, is in development at SCE London Studio. The Syphon Filter series is normally handled by SCE Bend Studio.

“As far as our spies tell us, Syphon Filter 4 will be announced and released during 2012 – they’re not often wrong either. Developed by SCE London Studio (once thought to be Sony Bend), it will see a return to the world of shooting, espionage and Gabe Logan’s superb name.”

God of War IV, on the other hand, is being handled by its home studio.

“Sony Santa Monica’s call for an online dev to join its ranks has many thinking the inevitable God of War IV will include online play. We could stop and ask why, but then we could also ask why there’s another game when [God of War III] was meant to be Kratos’s last outing. We’re not complaining though.”

Thanks,
    SilleGamer.
    Source: Play: Syphon Filter 4, God of War IV announcements next month

PRO Member

Guess we will have to wait and see. Never played a Syphon filter game and love the GOW series. Just don't know what they will do with 4.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Been a fan of the Syphon Filter series since the first one, though I never really felt the PSP versions. Even though the game looks like a lot of overall shooting games, it really wasn't when it came out. I was only 11 when it released, and probably shouldn't have played it, but hey, I thoroughly enjoyed in the way an underage kid should (and beat the hell out of that game. I was surprisingly good, not to gloat or anything ).

I've been waiting for a PS3 adaptation, and got annoyed when they kept throwing up PSP ones.

God of War on the other hand, as much as I loved the series, needs to be put to rest. There is only so much you can do before it gets repetitive.

======================

My Guides
    --------------
    Jurassic Park: The Game
    Episode One -- Episode Two -- Episode Three -- Episode Four

Microbot

======================

PSN ID: Horror_Movie

======================

Legalize it...

Im interested to see what they do with GOW 4...

Legendary...Nuff Said

I'd be VERY excited if Syphon Filter came to the PS3 - I've been wanting one for a while now. God of War IV on the other hand would be rather stupid. The conclusion to God of War III was very fitting and tied up the series quite nicely. Adding in another sequel seems like it would just be a big money grab - similar to Halo 4.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

I enjoyed the first Syphon Filter, not so much 2 and 3, never really got a chance to play the PSP titles, and didn't enjoy Omega Strain all that much.

Never really been a big fan of the wonky control scheme of the series, though. Just felt awkward.

I am interested in seeing where they take GoW from here.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    God of War on the other hand, as much as I loved the series, needs to be put to rest. There is only so much you can do before it gets repetitive.
    I agree with this 100%. God of War III was already very repetitive. There's only so much yelling I can take from a bland and over hyped character such as Kratos before I get sick of him and all of the button mashing that goes with his games. Work on something new and stop milking the franchise for money already...
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    I'd be VERY excited if Syphon Filter came to the PS3 - I've been wanting one for a while now. God of War IV on the other hand would be rather stupid. The conclusion to God of War III was very fitting and tied up the series quite nicely. Adding in another sequel seems like it would just be a big money grab - similar to Halo 4.

I look forward to another God of War game if it's still over-the-top and gratuitous... and they can make it work story-wise. That said, the only way I could imagine it was if it's not God of War IV per se, but just another spin-off like Ghost of Sparta or Chains of Olympus that acts as its own contained story. I don't want to know anything about what happens to Kratos after GoW III; anything that comes after will suffer for it.

In my mind, it's like Halo 4: they should have cut the story off after the third installment. In terms of the metamyth and Heroic narrative defined by mythologists, both Master Chief and Kratos have fulfilled their roles as heroes, and now deserve their rest and retreat from the world. I don't think either game will be as good as the three that came before them.

I'll probably play both either way, though.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

INTJ

syphon filter 4

well its time for me to stop being lazy and play the syphon filter games i got for free on ps plus instead of entering the series completely unaware on what is going on

Nope, nothing

Well I'm intrigued by both games, especially GoW 4. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't bring it out if they didn't have a good place for the story to go.

Although, maybe the magazine is wrong and it's actually going to be the announcement of the new IP they've been working on for some time

Lvl 8 - Gold

Not that amused by a new God of War. GOW III's ending was great and they should leave it at that. Maybe they'll go with a new protagonist and a new setting?

Syphon Filter on the other hand.....it's been a while since I saw Gabe Logan. I remember each and every one of PS1 games. Omega Strain was a great game, even though I only played by myself. I was disappointed by Dark Mirror and I never played Logan's Shadow, but I hope the new one will be great.

Yankees And Packers <3

yea more games but im excited for both

Plats-O'-War!!

They need to give God of War a break. What else can there be done in a series that's (IMHO) already wrapped up? . Don't think I'll be getting it. Syphon Filter, I'm interested in seeing that. The only Syphon Filter game I've ever played was Omega Strain, and I loved it.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    They need to give God of War a break. What else can there be done in a series that's (IMHO) already wrapped up? . Don't think I'll be getting it. Syphon Filter, I'm interested in seeing that. The only Syphon Filter game I've ever played was Omega Strain, and I loved it.
    wow you loved Omega strain...hmmmm must be the first..now as for Syphon filter 4 this better not be a lie or or uk can go too hell I've wanted a new Syphon Filter game for yrs now and hopefully that day is near!

PRO Member

I wonder, what the GoW IV Announcement could be

Lvl 6 - Silver

Been wanting Syphon Filter for the ps3 since I got one. Whether that be a HD remake or a new game, i don't care, I fucking loved that series on the psone, though never fully completed 2 or 3. One of the best games the ps had to offer, and I felt it was even better than the original MGS - graphically and in gameplay but I'm probs on my own on that one.

GoW4 not really interested. It will be beautiful and violent, but with the same horrible control scheme (don't tell me the controls on the first three were good, they wern't - hammering circle to open a door? gtfo. Preferred it when it was R2, but this is personal preference). They can't do anything with the story unless they decide to go for Norse Gods or something and Kratos is one of the single most boring characters in history. However, God of War Kart... sign me up.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think GOW IV HAS to be a prequel. What if not? GOW III ending fits pretty good (at least 4 me) and a fourth installement feels like a money leech IMO. The only thing that REALLY saddens me is the possibility of an online component. WHY?? WHY EVERY SINGLE GAME HAS TO INCLUDE A MULTIPLAYER OPTION NOWADAYS? GOW is AWESOME the way it is (or was). Doesn't need any MP

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Curb View Post
    I look forward to another God of War game if it's still over-the-top and gratuitous... and they can make it work story-wise. That said, the only way I could imagine it was if it's not God of War IV per se, but just another spin-off like Ghost of Sparta or Chains of Olympus that acts as its own contained story. I don't want to know anything about what happens to Kratos after GoW III; anything that comes after will suffer for it.

In my mind, it's like Halo 4: they should have cut the story off after the third installment. In terms of the metamyth and Heroic narrative defined by mythologists, both Master Chief and Kratos have fulfilled their roles as heroes, and now deserve their rest and retreat from the world. I don't think either game will be as good as the three that came before them.

I'll probably play both either way, though.

EXACTLY! I feel the very same way bro

Lvl 8 - Gold

Wait, GOW online? No, just no! Not every freaking game needs a multiplayer component.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Im really looking forward to Gow 4.like most others have said,it would be very interesting to see where they take the story.to tell you the truth,if/when it happens,if it came out and got shite reviews,id still go and buy it anyway,so im really een to see the developments of this game.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast