Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What do you do after you "Platinum" a game and what do you do with great games with no trophies?

This is a discussion on What do you do after you "Platinum" a game and what do you do with great games with no trophies? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; If it's a great game, I keep it. If it'll get DLC, I keep it. If I'm writing a guide, ...

Retired TGT Member

If it's a great game, I keep it. If it'll get DLC, I keep it. If I'm writing a guide, I keep it.

If none of those, I return it or trade it in.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i Do the dlc then stop playing the game

Toggle Spoiler

Thanks You D1mech For My Epic Sig And Bladia For My Epic Avatar

WHO DAT!!!!

Plat= trade in unless its the COD series and i wont play a game that doesnt have trophies

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    If it's a great game, I keep it. If it'll get DLC, I keep it. If I'm writing a guide, I keep it.

If none of those, I return it or trade it in.
    What he said minus the guide part
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I keep all my games, the only 2 i ever sold were Forza 4 and Deus ex, hated them both and got saints row 3 instead

Lvl 9 - Gold

Clear the game and have it neatly placed on my bookshelf.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 9 - Gold

If a game has replay value like GTA IV or Saints Row 3, I go back to play it.

As for games without trophies, I just play them. If I like them of course.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by EightBall1507 View Post
    after you sucessfully get at that hard-to-reach platinum, do you play it now and then whenever you get bored or do you immediately sell or shelve it never to be played again and collect dust.

The second part is asking do you still play great PS3 games with no trophy support (MGS4, MW1, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction) or do you even play it at all.
    If I've enjoyed a game that I've earned the platinum in, then of course I'll replay it at some point. I see no point in instantly dismissing a good game simply because I've earned all the trophies in it. It may be a while before these games are played again, to allow me to play something new, but I fully intend to replay the likes of Heavy Rain, Wolverine, Transformers WFC and the Uncharted games again sometime in the future.

As for PS3 games without trophies, I happen to own MGS4, AC1, COD4:MW and Splinter Cell Double Agent, and I also intend to replay them as well. Why should a lack of trophies keep me from playing them? I honestly don't understand the mindset of people who claim that games without trophies aren't worth playing. Holy hell, what did you DO before trophies were invented?!

Lvl 7 - Gold

My aim, when I play a game, is to get the plat. It basically means that I have done everything that there is to do in a game, and once I reach that point, I dump the game. I used to just sell them off on Ebay or if Gamestop has a halfway decent trade promotion i'll trade them in there. I have way too many games for me to want to go back and play it whenever i'm bored..i'll just move onto the next game that I havent gotten the plat on yet.
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

Lvl 9 - Gold

For the games I've Platinum'd (a few as you can see) I usually don't play them again. Plus since I only got my PS3 last year playing a game after so little time again is kinda boring.
    And I don't care for games without Trophies, I'd still play them. if a game has trophies but not a Platinum (like Castle Crashers or Scott Pilgrim) I usually don't bother with the harder trophies.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Kiwi Defender

It stays with the other games on the game pile and get's picked up whenever I wish to play it. Same goes for games with no trophies.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

once i platinum a game i consider it fully finished and dont ussually play it again unless it has good online multiplayer, like street fighter or cod

Regional Manager of War

I keep all my games even Terminator, Trivial Pursuit, Green Lantern and Captain America are staying in my collection. There is no point in trading it in for a few dollars I rather keep them on the shelf honestly. I Gamefly games I don't want to pay $60 and when the price drops to $30 I return the game and I buy it cheaper. I may play InFamous 2 one day because I bought the game for $25 in December but I rented it back in June and got my plat.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

If it was a game I enjoyed very much, I would play it from time to time.
    The other games are left untouched and gather dust.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I usually shelve the REALLY good ones and the ones with series like Bioshock and Assassins Creed or keep games that will most likely have a sequel like I did for Prototype and im doing for Deus Ex (hopefully it will) but if DE:HR doesnt ill still keep it anyways! But games like Warhammer or Knights Contract or Shadow of Damned I sell. But I still replay the ones i keep like you have NO idea how many times I have REPLAYED Bioshock 1&2 its a game you can replay again and again! Non-trophies Games I dont have any of atm....unless you count fighting ganes like Soul Caliber or NAruto:US.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I keep everything since I'm a collector. I refuse to sell my games because you will get 2 pennies and some lint in return!!

Lvl 4 - Silver

if the game i platinumed was a great game i get a bit sad knowing that theres no reason to go back to it ( unless there are some worthwhile DLC)
    cause i beat the game multiple times ( depends on the trophies ) and done everything there needs to be done but i dont sell it ( i did with prince of persia FS ,i regret that) i just put it back on the shelf as for games that dont have trophies, look trophies arnt everything you can enjoy the game without trophies but i must say that earning trophies espicaly platinums feels rewarding but back to the topic at hand. it depends on the game it self im a big 3d platformers fan so i wouldn't mind plaything threw ratchet and clank TOD or quest for booty again i also wouldn't mind playing MGS 4, the Simpsons game, the orange box, COD 4 (this is the only COD i like),oblivion, devil may cry 4 even if they dont have trophies you know why???? because they are really great games and im sure a game that doesn't trophies would be enough to ruin the entire game for you but i will say this, all of these games ( except MGS4 and ratchet ) dont have trophies but they do have achievements which is really strange i mean it cant be that hard to make a simple patch for trophies they did for uncharted 1 so why not these games

platbar and sig by wadefan1

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    I keep everything since I'm a collector. I refuse to sell my games because you will get 2 pennies and some lint in return!!
    Exact reason I don't sell my games, I'd rather keep them and play them somewhere down the track.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

member since Oct 2009

They get put on the shelf after plat. If the game has dlc and I really enjoyed the game then I will continue on to 100%. If its my goto game it gets played again i.e. Uncharted 3 multiplayer.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

After I plat the game I either trade it in or sell it to my friend. As for games that don't have trophies I do have them in my collection to play at another time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast