Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What do you do after you "Platinum" a game and what do you do with great games with no trophies?

This is a discussion on What do you do after you "Platinum" a game and what do you do with great games with no trophies? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; After getting a plat for a game I sell or trade in almost all of them.The few to have survived ...

PRO Member

After getting a plat for a game I sell or trade in almost all of them.The few to have survived are Demon's Souls,Batman:AA,FF13,and GT5(For now ).

I'll play games without trophies and do everything I can possibly do on it...then trade or sell it...except for MGS4.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 4 - Silver

I return it back to blockbuster and the games i do buy i trade em at gamestop. To tell you the truth the only game i owned that didnt have trophy support was COD4.

PRO Member

Like what a few of people in this thread have said.. I feel like keeping a hold of the game even when I wont touch it again.
    I love to see my game collection grow and looking at all the game boxes

As for playing them again, only a few games will I continue to play after platinum or 100% (MAG, BF3, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, oh and DCUO)
    Platinums: 29 (1st to last)
    COD5, Fallout 3, COD6, Demon Souls, Assassins Creed 2, MAG, Bad Company 2, Dragon Age Origins, Fallout New Vegas, Medal of Honor, COD7, Socom 4, Resident Evil 5, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Mass Effect 2, Killzone 3, Bioshock, Dead Rising 2, Uncharted 2, Trine, Resistance 3, Dead Island, Battlefield 3, DC Universe, Skyrim, Trine 2, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed Revelations, and Dragon Age 2.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I trade in any games iv finished that have lame multiplayer or no real fun 2nd or 3rd play thru i try trade well they still have value. but games like RDR and BF3 (even thou i haven't plated them) i will be keeping to sequels come out they are always good for a rainy day!

Closing this account

i try to keep certain games i for at least 6 months to a year. i really dont like to keep games that am not ever gonna play after i did everything in the game but if it's a sports game, it shall never leave until i get a replacement for it.

Lvl 7 - Gold

First the slaves clap for an hour. The first to stop gets executed. Then they sacrifice many pictures of Wesker/Magneto/Phoenix/Spencer/Dorm/Sentinel/And pretty much any character that isn't Phoenix Wright in my honor. Every match-up in UMvC3 is 9-1 in my favor including against myself. Then the slaves shelve the game until Doom decides I want to play it again.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

depends on the game.

if it's a game i see myself playing again because of multiplayer, replay value or simply because i liked it, i'll keep it.

i'll also let my friends borrow the game if they wanna.

but if it's a game i see myself never playing again, i'll sell it on ebay. if it's an older game that doesn't have much value or demand i may either keep it or trade it in through amazon's trade-in program since i do buy a lotta things on amazon.

as for older games that don't have trophies, i don't really have many of the older games. mgs4 is about the only game i have that doesn't have trophies. and i don't play it simply because i don't want to (yet), not because it doesn't have trophies.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I sell the game after platinumming it unless its a multiplayer or really good game, as for non trophy games the never leave with me from the store

Plat Tag Made by The_Dark_God_666 on PSN

MMA Fan Extraordinaire

I still enjoy playing dead space 2 and Resistance 2 online even though I platted those games a while back. If the game was quality enough, I will still play it. Heck, I need to get my money's worth.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God." John 1:1

Current playing: WWE '13 and Borderlands (yes still playing the first one)
    Up Next: Who the heck knows? I'm busy!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I usually just shelve the games I plat, and only replay the ones I really liked. If the game had multiplayer I'll throw it in to help friends boost if they need it, but that is the only time I'll replay most games. Now that I have a gamefly subscription I can catch up on a lot games I missed, and I send them back when I'm done.

PRO Member

I play games without plats and when I've completed feel like I've everything there is 2 do in the game I sell it unless I may want to come back and play it after completion ( very unlikely), other than games that have plats I get the plat play until I feel like I've done everything and then sell the game....

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

2011 Member of the Year

After I get a Plat, depending on the game, I either Sell/Trade it.

As for games without trophies, such as Civilization Revolution, I still play them from time to time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123