Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What do you do after you "Platinum" a game and what do you do with great games with no trophies?

This is a discussion on What do you do after you "Platinum" a game and what do you do with great games with no trophies? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The question is in the title; so the first one is asking about after you sucessfully get at that hard-to-reach ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

What do you do after you "Platinum" a game and what do you do with great games with no trophies?

The question is in the title; so the first one is asking about after you sucessfully get at that hard-to-reach platinum, do you play it now and then whenever you get bored or do you immediately sell or shelve it never to be played again and collect dust.

The second part is asking do you still play great PS3 games with no trophy support (MGS4, MW1, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction) or do you even play it at all.

Discuss.

PRO Member

Wait for DLC to get release.
    If there ain't gonna come any DLC, does I put away the game.

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisthemp View Post
    Wait for DLC to get release.
    If there ain't gonna come any DLC, does I put away the game.
    Basically this...If no DLC comes out then it just collects dust because I dont see a point in selling it, Id rather keep it in my collection...

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

For the games I've plat'd...I keep them and sometimes replay them. I never sell my games.

For games without trophies I seldom touch 'em.

#cutformesa

After platinum... it depends on the frustration. With a relatively easy title like God of War, I replay it many times and rather quickly after I get the platinum. If it's more frustrating or requires a huge time investment, like Warhawk or Lost Planet 2, it's likely it will be a long time before I ever enjoy that game again, although I'll probably come back to it at some point. I mean, I usually buy instead of renting (and I don't know anyone nearby to borrow from), so if I paid for it I plan on using it.

And I still play great games without trophies, just as I do after I get the platinum. If I really feel like I need that extra sense of accomplishment though, I might try to pick it up on 360 for the achievements (obviously not an option with PS3 exclusives that predate the trophy patch).

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Lvl 6 - Silver

I keep the games I really enjoy like Mass effect 2 and Skyrim. As for games that have no trophies such as COD4, R&C TOD and Valkyria Chronicles I just love them so much I replay every few months

i am write retartet

I keep all games, back in my NES/Genesis days I learned that selling a game for $5 isn't worth it, you have to trade in like 5+ games to get anything new, then a few months later you end up wanting to play it again.

All games stay in a cabinet FOREVER now, I refuse to sell a PS3 game unless I make a new account and decide I don't want that shit on my trophy list or I can trade it in for a few bucks towards a GOTY edition / complete edition.

ALSO HI CURB

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Hmm after I plat a game i usually self it or send it back to Gamefly. I then replay if im in between plats or bored, like Skyrim, Assasins Creed, Rathet and clank. Or I do another playthrough if im excited about the sequel being released

PRO Member

Usually it will go to the shelf and collect dust. Cause when you have reach platinum you mostly have done everything in the game, but not in all cases. Sometimes a dlc will come and then it's ON hehe. Never played games without trophies! Only metal gear is the exeption. Now i am just waiting for dlc to Dark Souls! That is just a beautiful game.

Plats-O'-War!!

Once I a game, I label it as "store credit" because I'll be trying to see which game I want to get next. Now, if I throughly enjoy the game (Bayonetta, Batman AA, Vanquish to name a few), then I keep it. If not, the adios!!

Local Drunk

After getting the plat I just put the game back in my cupboard until I either want to play it again or some DLC is released. I have 4 games without trophy support, haven't played any of them in a while not because they don't have trophies but because they're crappy games.
    Last edited by Feral; 01-23-2012 at 05:55 AM.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

I usually shelf the game after platting. In some rare instances I will pick the game up again for a random play. Such games like Uncharted 2, RDR and Katamari Forever.

I have a few non trophy games, but I only have them for collection purposes really.

Lvl 7 - Gold

DUH, play them if I feel like it - then it's shelf space for them (both plat and non plat games), so whenever I feel like picking them up - I do.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by EightBall1507 View Post
    The question is in the title; so the first one is asking about after you sucessfully get at that hard-to-reach platinum, do you play it now and then whenever you get bored or do you immediately sell or shelve it never to be played again and collect dust.

The second part is asking do you still play great PS3 games with no trophy support (MGS4, MW1, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction) or do you even play it at all.

Discuss.
    If you have asked me this question a year earlier I would have said....shelve it never to be played again plus collecting dust and then move to the next plat (I never sell my games).
    But Now if I like the game I'll definitely gonna replay it again.
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

PRO Member

I'm kind of OCD so it is exactly this every time I plat a game:

- Sync trophies
    - Update PSN comment
    - Delete the Game Data
    - Backup game saves (Then delete the game save of the game I just )
    - Update trophies on the site
    - Post on site that I just got the
    - Rate the platinum difficulty on the site
    - Decide what to plat next

I keep all games I purchase. Also, in the event of DLC trophies, I purchase it if I think it's worth the money. I also never go back to old games if they don't have any new trophies.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I usually buy the game,complete it for the trophys and then move on to the next game and perhaps sell the previous game to put towards another but that depends on the game.the last game i played with no trophys was heavenly sword i think and i really enjoyed it even though it had no trophys.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

I ll always replay my games in the future or with some friends so i ll keep them in my collection

A plat a month!

It depends on the game.

Normally I'll sell the game on eBay.

However, there are cases where I don't sell them, or at least right away. With Modern Warfare 2, I didn't sell the game until my account was hacked. i just wanted to prestige once. However when the hack occurred, my character reached the max level automatically (I was 5 levels away). I sold it at that point.

I'm going for the 2nd prestige with MW3, so if I don't get there before the platinum, I'm gonna keep it until I do so.

With Final Fantasy games, I've kept the games. I want to replay those at some point.

With Mass Effect 2, I'm holding on to that, until I can import my game to Mass Effect 3, to make sure that works OK.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I used to trade my games until i got tried of buying a game for 65 bucks and then trading them in for only around 25 or 30 bucks. So i decided to keep them for my collection. I bought a cd holder and started adding my games to that. Currently have 17 or 18 games in my case ^^

I still play old school games such as mario ^^

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

PRO Member

It really depends on if I like the game or not...before PS3, I kept ALL of my games. Now I'll sell/trade-in the ones I won't play anymore. As for games w/o trophies...same logic applies. Even if there aren't any trophies (MGS4, Initial D 4th Stage, all my PS1 and PS2 games) I'll still put them in and play them every so often. I kept them for a reason. I'm not going to waste my time with shit games for a platinum trophy. I'll just get them in the games that I enjoy.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast