Dead Space Developer Working on New Online Action Shooter

This is a discussion on Dead Space Developer Working on New Online Action Shooter within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Dead Space developer Visceral Games is working on a new IP. A job listing for a lead multiplayer designer reads: ...

Scotch and Pain Killers

Dead Space Developer Working on New Online Action Shooter

Dead Space developer Visceral Games is working on a new IP. A job listing for a lead multiplayer designer reads: "EA is looking for a lead multiplayer designer to help create a thrilling online action shooter game. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to a bold new franchise which is a cornerstone for a new EA Games Studio."

More specifically, the posting is looking for someone with experience and ideas for multiplayer maps. No particular franchise is listed in the job posting.

Visceral rumours have been swirling thickly over the past few months. The studio is reportedly working on Dead Space 3, which takes place on an icy planet, involves all-new Unitologist skulduggery and features supporting characters from Dead Space 2. Isaac Clarke makes a final appearance as playable lead.
    Source: OXM

PRO Member

Just seen this also when i was looking for info if there is a Dante's Inferno 2 in the works and I got this story.

Personally I don't think we need anymore online shooters. I want something Original.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

PRO Member

Online naah not to fan of it, but it suites others. Diden't know they were working on number 3 and i am sure they will make this just as good.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Isaac Clarke makes a final appearance as playable lead.

......I hope they're not implying in some way that he's going to be killed off.

And an "Online Action Shooter"? Really? As if the world hasn't been given enough in the last 3 years now?

More question marks? Anybody?

The Bushiest Pig

I wonder ...... even though it says new franchise I wonder if they are referring to the stuff EA wanted to do with Dead Space, like have FPS and Action/Adventure spin offs. But under a new name maybe? As long as there is a Dead Space 3 I'm happy.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Bah, stick with Dead Space people.

The only sane person here

I think I'll stick with Dead Space thank you.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'll be sticking to Dead Space, I love Visceral Games but after the multiplayer for DS2 I don't think I can play another 4-player online game.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted