I REALLY hate same day release dates for games!!

This is a discussion on I REALLY hate same day release dates for games!! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Why is it that developers choose the same day to release games as others do they hate making money?! Why ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

I REALLY hate same day release dates for games!!

Why is it that developers choose the same day to release games as others do they hate making money?! Why not doing on some other days?!!!! Do they not look online to see when others are releasing theirs?? My wallet cannot take much more!!!

Looking on Gamestop coming soon and saw that these games were same days (Hopefully these days are subject to change):

1/31

Never Dead
    Final Fantasy 13-2
    Soul Caliber 5

2/07

Darkness 2
    Jak and Daxter HD Collection
    Kingdom Alamur Reckoning

2/21
    Syndicate
    Asuras Wrath

3/13

Yakuza dead Souls
    Silent Hill Downpour
    Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

3/20

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
    Armored Core V
    Ninja Gaiden 3

3/27
    Inversion
    Dragons Dogma

12/31

Tekken Tag 2
    Tomb Raider
    Last of Us
    Darksiders 2
    Last edited by tai363; 01-23-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Yeah i really don't get it, like battlefield 3 and modern warfare 3 were pretty much within a week of eachother so people are obviously going to buy one or the other.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

generally when a release date is listed as 12/31, its actually unknown when itll be released. all they know is sometime this year, but possibly pushed back/delayed. so at least your dec. 31st is cheaper.

Platinum Dohvakiin

Well considering that there are only 52 weeks in a year. And generally. Most games sre released when another game in that particular genre isn't being released. Which is why KAR is being released after FF13-2. Or why Tekken Tag isn't being released on the same day as Soul Caliber. Most Publishers and developers try to find out when the biggest or most anticipated game in whatever genre they are releasing. Is due to come out. And either try to release their game before or after.
    Which is why BF3 was released 2 weeks before MW3. Had EA released BF on the same day as MW3. They wouldn't have sold nearly as many copies. That's not fanboyism, that's a statistical fact. But with only a limited number of weeks. And the sheer amount of games that are released in a year. It's impossible to have just 1 game come out a week. You'll have multiple games of varying genres come out on the same day.
    The thing is, most people will only buy one game anyway. And it's usually in the genre they play the most. Die hard Soul Caliber fans are not even worried about FF13-2 coming out on the same day. Or vise versa. Unless it's the holiday season. Release dates are centered around the die hard fan of said game. Not the cross over fans in general. Especially this time of year. Most of the games that come out in Q1. Are usually the ones that would have gotten swallowed by the holiday heavy hitters. SE would have been nuts to release FF13-2 around Christmas.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

The One and Only

Every week a game is released, so I don't know how this issue can be resolved. Besides, getting a game after release doesn't hurt anything unless you plan on pre-ordering it with the bonuses.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by tai363 View Post
    Why is it that developers choose the same day to release games as others do they hate making money?! Do they not look online to see when others are releasing theirs?? My wallet cannot take much more!!!
    Well, there's a simple solution to this.... stop buying multiple games at the same time.