Possibily having downloadable PSP games available to play on PS3?

This is a discussion on Possibily having downloadable PSP games available to play on PS3? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I know the PSP doesn't have the most exciting games out there, but you think eventually those PSP games can ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Possibily having downloadable PSP games available to play on PS3?

I know the PSP doesn't have the most exciting games out there, but you think eventually those PSP games can be playable on the PS3? Like me, I use to own a PSP GO so then obviously I have some downloaded games on my account. What are the odds of those games being playable on the PS3.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well Sony wants the portable devices to still be selling. Luckily, the PS Vita is able to play PSP games, well the ones that are available in the PSN store.

That's pretty much the reason why they didn't make the PS3 backwards compatible, so they can release those HD Collections and gets some cash.

Odds are, they will probably make them playable on the PS3 but maybe will have to be re-bought. Like the whole transfer deal with the Vita and PSP.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeto View Post
    I know the PSP doesn't have the most exciting games out there, but you think eventually those PSP games can be playable on the PS3? Like me, I use to own a PSP GO so then obviously I have some downloaded games on my account. What are the odds of those games being playable on the PS3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Well Sony wants the portable devices to still be selling. Luckily, the PS Vita is able to play PSP games, well the ones that are available in the PSN store.

That's pretty much the reason why they didn't make the PS3 backwards compatible, so they can release those HD Collections and gets some cash.

Odds are, they will probably make them playable on the PS3 but maybe will have to be re-bought. Like the whole transfer deal with the Vita and PSP.
    That makes total sense. You're right, most likely a new PS3 (or even PS4) system will be able to play PSP games available in the PSN store.

Dang Sony's good at making people's money.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeto View Post
    That makes total sense. You're right, most likely a new PS3 (or even PS4) system will be able to play PSP games available in the PSN store.

Dang Sony's good at making people's money.
    PS Vita and Sony Tablet can play PSP game, so kinda doubt it would be coming to PS3