Disappearing Trophy issues!!!! :-S

This is a discussion on Disappearing Trophy issues!!!! :-S within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Ok people. I had a new slim PS3 320gb for Xmas to replace my old fat 60gb that I've had ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Disappearing Trophy issues!!!! :-S

Ok people. I had a new slim PS3 320gb for Xmas to replace my old fat 60gb that I've had since the day of release here in the UK back in 2007. I've never had any issues with it, apart from the fact that the memory just isn't big enough anymore, hence the new one being acquired.
    Now, my problems have started already with the new one. I searched about for ways to transfer all my data from the old one to the new one, finding various forum threads (not here) saying that memory sticks would do it etc but I knew there must be an easier way and eventually came across the Data Transfer Utility on the Sony Playstation website, so I guessed this must be the safest and probably most recommended way of doing it. I followed the instructions to the letter from the website, I even printed it out so I had it infront of me when I was performing the task so I didn't miss anything. All my data transferred over to the new one fairly easily and I had already synced my trophies to the PSN so once my account was set up on the new one I just synced them back to the new ps3.
    And this is where it begins. Only having had 3 new games for Xmas I decided to continue to attempt to get some trophies on older games that I'd started playing on my old system. There must be about 20 odd games that I have accumulated trophies for on there, only one of which I ever managed to platinum (I'm not the best gamer and don't get to play much in recent years). I put in a game that I only had one trophy on to attempt to get more but when I went to the trophy list to see what to go for, it said I had 0% trophies for that game. I thought that was odd and looked at the list and indeed the trophy I had won wasn't there. I played. The game and won that trophy back and also a few more but got bored with it and gave up. Then about a week later I decided to play another game to win more trophies and also just to play the game for a laugh but the same thing happened. When I went to the trophy lists the 54% of the trophies for this game I'd won had all disappeared and was also reading 0% and sure enough when I looked at the list there were no trophies. I'm currently in the process of winning these trophies back but I'm afraid to carry on playing older games I had played on my 60gb now in case the same thing happens with them and the game I got platinum was a nightmare to do as well so I definitly don't want to have to do that one again! EVER! All the save data still works on the games though as a couple of the trophies dropped randomly as I started playing the game and my progress in the game is still there, except now I have no idea how to win back the story related trophies as it clearly shows that I've completed those parts of the story but the trophies have not dropped for them. Please help me someone. I don't want to have to go back through Fallout: New Vegas again to win the trophies back as I'm so far into the game!!!!
    I haven't synced the trophies since I noticed that this had happened, but I have played my new games and got platinum on one of those as well and had synced the trophies for the new games. But weirdly it still shows I have the same level and I even gained a level thanks to my second platinum. I'm so confused!!!!

Anybody?????

PRO Member

Trophies aren't relevant to the PS3 once they are synced to the server.... Soo.. The new PS3 shouldn't have been a problem, as long as you synced before you used the new one.
    Then re-synced on the new.
    Usually when trophies have "disappeared", they reappear again when you get another trophy on the game. But yours resets each time.....
    Can you get the same trophy as before? Like, can you keep getting the same trophy, after it resets?

Resident PHD

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH paragraphs are your friend.

Anyways your trophies are still there and like Chris says once you sync they will all show up. It is annoying feature (I have two ps3 myself) but it will look like you are earning the same trophies again but you really aren't.

If you earn half on one ps3 and the other half on the 2nd you will still earn the platinum. Hope that helps.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

I'm seeing you as a PSN Level 8 with 398 trophies...

You must have been syncing your trophies on the old 60GB system Have you performed a manual sync on the new System yet?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Ok, haven't figured out how to do this properly as I'm on my iPad so here goes

@Chris
    I did sync before I used the new one and then re-synced once I'd got my account working on the new one. As I said in my original post, I won back the trophy/trophies that went missing on both games and even got some new trophies on one game.

@Dr_Mayus
    Sorry dude, kinda went on a rant there. The old fat 60gb is no longer being used and will eventually go to either my sister or anyone else who wants it so all my gaming will now be performed on the slim 320gb, but thanks for the reply anyway

@bmj14772
    That is the level I was at the last time I synced yes, unsure of the amount of trophies though. I know it was high 300's. Indeed I was syncing my trophies on the old system...they still show up on there too. I've been using the new slim 320gb system now for about 2-3 weeks and I have synced it since I started using it, but not since I noticed this problem. I was originally just playing the new games I'd received for Xmas.
    Thing is, I went through all my trophy lists and physically counted them myself a couple days ago and got 395 approx. but this shouldn't be the right amount as I have only earned back 23-24% of my trophies on the second game that I originally had 54% on.

Resident PHD

Just to clarify though with you. When you pop in that old game on the new system it will reset to 0. This doesn't mean you have 0%, it just means that the system doesn't recognize it yet. Earning old trophies doesn't mean anything because your account has already earned those trophies. So play the old game, then go and sync your trophies and all the ones you have earned previously will pop.

Also like I said you can earn half the trophies on one ps3 and the other half on the other and the still will unlock.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Just to clarify though with you. When you pop in that old game on the new system it will reset to 0. This doesn't mean you have 0%, it just means that the system doesn't recognize it yet. Earning old trophies doesn't mean anything because your account has already earned those trophies. So play the old game, then go and sync your trophies and all the ones you have earned previously will pop.
    Oh really? Right! Ok, I'll have to try that then. Thanks man. I'll let you know if it works. Kinda silky though that it does that isn't it? I mean, it freaked me out! I haven't played anything on there since I noticed, despite wanting to. Plus today is my day off and I could've spent the last 5 hours catching up on gaming!

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Longman666 View Post
    Oh really? Right! Ok, I'll have to try that then. Thanks man. I'll let you know if it works. Kinda silky though that it does that isn't it? I mean, it freaked me out! I haven't played anything on there since I noticed, despite wanting to. Plus today is my day off and I could've spent the last 5 hours catching up on gaming!
    No worries hope that works. (I had the same reaction when I got my new ps3 )

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Lol, you'll have to excuse my spelling from time to time. I'm on my iPad at the moment which seems to want to spell things differently to how I type them (or at least how I think I type them lol). Silky should've read silly. Whoops.

Im glad I'm not the only person this has happened to though. That's a relief. I'm going to go and try it out in a few minutes so I'll post the results.

PRO Member

Well, I hope that all works out...

I purchased a new PS3 about a year ago and didn't have any of these issues... Specifically, inFAMOUS and [PROTOTYPE] come to mind; I had ~85% of the trophies in each of these games... all the trophies came over that I previously earned when I did a sync on the new system. I lost all my save files though as the old fatty was stolen ( maybe this is the difference). I had to start completely over on both games. As I progressed through them, I didn't unlock any of the trophies that I already had in my PSN Profile.... but, the new ones that I earned popped up correctly (including the s)

Keep us informed on what you find out on this please; i'm very curios.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

YAHOOOO!!!! It worked. Thank you very much people. (though I suspect I was just being a bit of a newb on this). But still. I'm so glad I got me trophies back.

Lol bmj. If I'd just synced the thing after I'd seen it then all my troubles would've washed away but being me and panicking thinking there was something wrong I left it for about a week. Lmao. Phew. Relief!!!

Once again, thanks you guys for taking the trouble to look into my problem and especially Dr_Mayus for putting it in layman's terms. Haha.

PRO Member

YAHOOOO!!!! It worked. Thank you very much people. (though I suspect I was just being a bit of a newb on this). But still. I'm so glad I got me trophies back.

Lol bmj. If I'd just synced the thing after I'd seen it then all my troubles would've washed away but being me and panicking thinking there was something wrong I left it for about a week. Lmao. Phew. Relief!!!

Once again, thanks you guys for taking the trouble to look into my problem and especially Dr_Mayus for putting it in layman's terms. Haha.

I was starting to panic for you, haha. I'm happy to hear it's resolved and with no loss... yay!

Resident PHD

I'm a Doctor we are good at putting it in layman's terms

Glad it all worked out though, happy hunting

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thanks again guys. No doubt I will speak to you again fairly soon as no doubt I will have another noob technical issue I'll need help with.