Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

October 5th 2011 Playstation announcement speculation thread

This is a discussion on October 5th 2011 Playstation announcement speculation thread within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; That was just embarassing. Only good bit of the video was the Chimeran, and that was cute. Sony are being ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

That was just embarassing.

Only good bit of the video was the Chimeran, and that was cute.

Sony are being prententious now?

Lvl 6 - Silver

my name is Michael -
    betray someone to understand my reason (everyone should take a hear)

Plats
    YouTube

space cops! play it cool!

I find it to be a great ad. The hype for it wasnt worth it but the ad as a whole works.

Platinum Dohvakiin

As someone who didn't get his hopes up about Sony's "announcement". All I have to say is....REALLY? The commercial was cool and all. But to make an announcement for an Ad Campaign is, to say the least. A little retarded. Even if it is to pay tribute to the gamers who own a PS3.
    Had the Ad just ended it with Thank You, you are all 'Micheal' Long.Live.Play. Would have been better than ending it with the PS3 can be bought for $249. That in itself. to me, just defeated the entire purpose of the Ad.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 8 - Gold

Not what I expected, but that was amazing! Wish I had some of those costumes.

Lvl 4 - Silver

What a let down all this hype just for a stupid ad campaign.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    As someone who didn't get his hopes up about Sony's "announcement". All I have to say is....REALLY? The commercial was cool and all. But to make an announcement for an Ad Campaign is, to say the least. A little retarded. Even if it is to pay tribute to the gamers who own a PS3.
    Had the Ad just ended it with Thank You, you are all 'Micheal' Long.Live.Play. Would have been better than ending it with the PS3 can be bought for $249. That in itself. to me, just defeated the entire purpose of the Ad.
    Totally agree. They pour a load of hype all over their customers... then give us an ad campaign. Clinically retarded.

INTJ

did they decide to take the most popular name in north america and just threw it in a ad

Lvl 3 - Bronze

When I heard it was just an ad campaign I was a bit disappointed, but that feeling went after I saw the actual advert. I loved it...but it looks like I'm in the minority!

Anyways do we really need a new big announcement! We got so many epic games coming out, there's the Vita coming out soon, Home is being completely updated and there's that new PSN thing giving us PS2 games...cheer up!

PRO Member

lol whatever it is ..I hope it's big and worth the wait or alot of ps3 gamers are gonna be mad lol!

PRO Member

Leave it to Sony to hype an advertising campaign, but then sneak in some major annoucement that actually matters under the radar (like PS+'s Auto-update for example).

I'm still not sure if this is it or if this is that cusp seeing as they just started a new KB campaign. Like maybe this will be apart of a major update to PSN/PS+ still? As a "thank you."

Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    Sony are being prententious now?
    Embarassing to hype a thank you ad? Maybe.

Pretentious? No. Atleast not anymore than advertising is by definition. I'd argue perhaps less even, since its rare for advertisers to thank the consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    did they decide to take the most popular name in north america and just threw it in a ad
    See comments like this is why I'm convinced you either can't be satisfied or bitch just to bitch.

Who cares what the person's name is? Its irrelevant to the (very obvious) point of the ad.

Its like complaining they named Gordon Freeman, Gordon instead of "<your name here>"

Lvl 6 - Silver

big suprise expected something fuckn stupid from the jump. might be switchn to xbox because of this...not kidding...
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

No Matter What

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_Destroyer View Post
    big suprise expected something fuckn stupid from the jump. might be switchn to xbox because of this...not kidding...
    If you're seriously not joking then your pretty stupid to switch over for an ad..
    Last edited by Notoris; 10-05-2011 at 04:53 PM.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well, as I said, this was a massive letdown. Don't get me wrong, I did sort of enjoy the advert, but with the hype it was given I did actually expect a new game or at least something new announced.

However, what we actually got was NOTHING!

Gaming since 1985!

So they took all of those thousands of people, their words and pictures and this was end result? Hmmm. Don't get me wrong, I really liked the commercial but cmon!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

That was the most retarded idea for an ad...

Buy my book, Alteration

Probably should close this thread now...

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Did anybody ever take into account the contest they held a few months (I think) before this commercial? If I am not mistaken, the "cosplayers" were the people who won. This was their "15 minutes."

Seriously people? No one caught on? No one read the details? Tisk tisk.

Here, let me post whats in the blog:
    Early last month, with some ambiguity, we announced that we were looking for a few good gamers to assist us with a special assignment related to our freshly launched Long Live Play campaign. Long Live Play honors gamers from all walks of life and recognizes you for making PlayStation who we are today.

We asked members of the PlayStation Nation to email us with pictures of themselves holding their PS3 controller and in 30 words-or-less, describe how they epitomize the ultimate PlayStation gamer. I know that PlayStation gamers are some of the most impassioned fans in the world, but I was blown away by the thousands of responses that flooded my email.

After weeks of anticipation, I can finally reveal the complete ambition behind Long Live Play. I’m delighted to announce that we’ve painstakingly reviewed each submission and selected a dozen or so die-hard gamers to represent the PlayStation Nation in a brand new Long Live Play campaign that will air on national TV starting October 5th. We think this film provides an insider’s look into what it’s like to be immersed in our universe and why it’s so compelling to game on the PS3.
    I think it was pretty awesome of SONY to do that.

Oh, and this:
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKoala View Post
    Well I thought it was a great video... You guys only have yourselves to blame for the disappointment. :stare:

This happens every time. Somebody at Sony farts and the internet thinks ITS AN IMMINENT UBER MEGATON BOMBSHELL REVEAL.
    Kudos!

======================

My Guides
    --------------
    Jurassic Park: The Game
    Episode One -- Episode Two -- Episode Three -- Episode Four

Microbot

======================

PSN ID: Horror_Movie

======================

Mini Ninja

I thought the ad was pretty epic. Seeing all those characters together was awesome, especially the ones that weren't in PS3 exclusive games. Watching Drake hit on Lightning was probably my favorite bit. Still, I can't help being just a little disappointed that this ad wasn't paired with some sort of major announcement.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Did anybody ever take into account the contest they held a few months (I think) before this commercial? If I am not mistaken, the "cosplayers" were the people who won. This was their "15 minutes."

Seriously people? No one caught on? No one read the details? Tisk tisk.
    No. The cosplayers were not the people who won. Michael was one of the people who won, which is pretty obvious seeing as the picture of him showed him holding a ps3 controller, just what they had asked for... And some of the other 'winners' had their pictures all over the ceiling. You seriously thought the cosplayers were the ones that won the competition? lol.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast