Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

No More Resistance Game - Happy or not?

This is a discussion on No More Resistance Game - Happy or not? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Thought I'd share this with you...

Nope, nothing

Thought I'd share this with you

Lvl 9 - Gold

resistance series was good up to resistance 3. if they make another resistance like reistance 3 i wouldnt care. i dont care if it dies

Lvl 7 - Gold

I don't know, i played the first Resistance and i played the one on PSP. Both didn't really caught me so i have no feeling for the game or the main character. Still it think it's a game that represents the PS3.

So not happy but not sad either

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Followed Resistance since Fall of man, and will continue to follow this great franchise, as Nihilistic take the reigns. Its a gem, despite what many think, and like stated above Resistance represents the PS3.

I too wasn't completely impressed with Fall of Man at first, especially after playing Gears of War on Xbox, but I did become a Fan after beating it. I enjoyed Resistance 2, and Loved Resistance 3. I can't wait to see what Nihilistic do with the story.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i haven't played 3 yet but i didnt mind the first 2

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by jc_nz View Post
    i haven't played 3 yet but i didnt mind the first 2
    I feel the same way except for the ridiculous 10,000 kill trophy required for Resistance 2.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

#cutformesa

This is how it should be done. I'm sure Sony will still milk it, but Activision, EA, Microsoft... well, everyone else? Take notes.

I'm fine if they don't make any more Resistance games, although I'd like to see Retribution and Fall of Man re-released with those marvelous trophy things .

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Lvl 4 - Silver

tried the BETA of resistance 3, my opinion everything in that game sucked and they totally are losing customers also with the new rachet and clank all for one he was only okay but nothing compared too the old games, i want the old ones to come back with rachet and clank only

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Section 8 games, n.o.v.a., and crysis is actually fairly like halo.
    Those games had their own feel to be honest. Nova tried to be a halo for mobile phones but i think they missed the point of halo.

Jay
    ಠ_ಠ

The only one that I ever played was the original, which looking back at it was pretty fun. That said, it was one of the first PS3 games I got, so anything was awesome at that point

Buy my book, Alteration

I personally don't care. I didn't finish R2, and I didn't feel compelled to, as the game didn't really interest me. I guess it is for the best.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

PRO Member

I had mixed feelings about the overall series, I've always felt the extended canon was more interesting than most of the games.

R1 was a pretty solid arcade shooter, but nothing incredibly special.

I enjoyed R2 and R3, but not in the sense of them being incredible titles. They were just well done shooters.

About the only thing I can say about this series is it is better than most of the other popular FPSs (CoD, Halo, etc), but they were never stand-out titles.

I am really happy that Insomniac is leaving the series though, its clear to me after playing R3 that they weren't that into the series anymore (R3 had so much unrealized potential, that game coulda been one of the best shooters ever made... Instead they created a story that was overly simplistic and conflicted with the environment and it resulted in just a "good shooter").

I'd rather them move on than keep forcing the titles out for money. Same goes for R&C, I know people love it, but if Insomniac isn't into it anymore then they should stop.

If they really are a good studio, they will find a new IP to replace it.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Personally I liked the series a good bit and played all the games including the PSP title. But at the same time I'm fine with it coming to a close. I liked R3 but didn't think it was as good as R2 and anything after a third installment runs the risk of becoming stale, so R.I.P., RESISTANCE.

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think it's good news, they did a good job with the series, didn't milk it and now they can move onto new projects.

PRO Member

actually I dont think GOW is overdone, each story to me was enjoyable and not something that I thought was overdone, Resistance just never got the base that Halo did, It is a high quality shooter no one can argue with that

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Thought I'd share this with you

Thanks for that, I like when I hear it from the horses mouth so to speak, I think that there basically handing off the franchise and are excited about new ideas they have they can put in overstrike, this was one of the best launch games sony had that was actually really good and made me say wow the ps3 has some serious potetial

PRO Member

Personally I love R3 its a good shooter in my eyes.I liked R:fom didn't like R2 very much.So I think there bowing out at the top

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I can't fathom what's wrong with you if you think something like the Gravity Gun isn't game-changing and makes HL2 stand out from every other FPS.
    Same thing was used in the production of Doom3(came out before HL2), and implemented into the expansion pack(came out after HL2). It was just 1 tool added into FPSers because almost everything else has been thought of before already. Which is why every FPS is generic, or the same. The only thing that is different or changes is the story and the graphics now adays. When I think of game-changing or revolutionary. I think of games that started it all and set the foundations of what we have now. Sure the gravity gun was cool for a minute, and they even made a game surrounding it completely, but game-changing? I don't think so. Setting the bar for a FPS like Wolfenstein and Doom did was revolutionary. Adding mouse support to view and aim up, down, left, right, and shoot was game-changing and revolutionary. Stuff like that.

Either way, my stance still remains. The next step would be fully 3d/virtual world for FPS. Hopefully the Sony head piece will deliver just that.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

Vive La Révelation!

I was never really a fan of Resistance Fall of Man, or Resistance 2. However I never played Resistance 3, but pretty much everyone I know, that had played it didn’t give it very good reviews, so with that said, I’m not upset that there wont be another game.
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    Nope, did I say that? I was implying that Inso didn´t bring their A game into the last round.
    Well 'going out without a bang' means it wasn't good...

Anyone else want them to work on a HD re-release of the old PS2 R&C games after Overstrike? Of course, with those new-fangled contraptions called 'trophies' . I'm not sure if they've actually announced if they'll be doing that.

I'd also like to see the original Resistance with trophies, not because it was a spectacular (still loved it) game, but because I'd love to go back to my first ever shooter on PS3, just for the nostalgia.
    Last edited by MrFudge; 01-27-2012 at 01:52 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast