Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

No More Resistance Game - Happy or not?

This is a discussion on No More Resistance Game - Happy or not? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Brohgrick Talonteeth Well 'going out without a bang' means it wasn't good... Anyone else want them to ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Brohgrick Talonteeth View Post
    Well 'going out without a bang' means it wasn't good...

Anyone else want them to work on a HD re-release of the old PS2 R&C games after Overstrike? Of course, with those new-fangled contraptions called 'trophies' . I'm not sure if they've actually announced if they'll be doing that.

I'd also like to see the original Resistance with trophies, not because it was a spectacular (still loved it) game, but because I'd love to go back to my first ever shooter on PS3, just for the nostalgia.
    Now that you said it, it could be seen that way, oh well. But I meant average.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 3 - Bronze

So that means it was a poor game? I fail to see you logic, 60 plus players meant utter confusion. I think R3 was a great game.
    Also, it was well-known that this was just a trilogy from the very beginning.

I really wanna see what Overstrike will be like. But I mostly just want some new R&C games, but NOT like All 4 One, like the epic Tools of Destruction.
    Nope, if it was then according to your logic nobody would be playing MAG (256 players online) right now, and no one would be playing Battelfield 3 because of the frickin large map. Anyway, I do agree with YumeOMiru when R3 went down to 16 players. This wasn't what I wanted to see for R3. Also the MP play like Call of Duty, not like any other past MP on the Resistance series. To be honest, more player online mean bigger challenge and more way to get points or XP to level up.
    <3 Girls Generation/SNSD!!!

Lvl 9 - Gold

I haven't played R3 yet, but seeing as how in that game the Chimera have almost completely exterminated mankind, it's hard to imagine how a potential 4th game could come to pass. There'd be barely anyone left alive on Earth to actually combat the Chimera, given that virtually the entire planet has been overrun.

I'd imagine it's for the best that there are to be no more additions to the Resistance franchise.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

[top]No More Resistance Game - Happy or not?

Definitely happy, Resistance has always sucked & were just a complete waste of game space.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by mikedo2007 View Post
    Nope, if it was then according to your logic nobody would be playing MAG (256 players online) right now, and no one would be playing Battelfield 3 because of the frickin large map. Anyway, I do agree with YumeOMiru when R3 went down to 16 players. This wasn't what I wanted to see for R3. Also the MP play like Call of Duty, not like any other past MP on the Resistance series. To be honest, more player online mean bigger challenge and more way to get points or XP to level up.
    Well that wasn't my 'logic' so please don't say anything if you don't have a clue of what you're talking about

I never said nobody played BF3 or MAG, or that bigger was bad, I just said that on R2, you would just get blown up merely seconds after spawning from every direction. I don't have a clue where you got your jibberish from. With 16 players it is more compact and less chaotic. I am playing BF3 right now and I don't spawn and get obliterated every minute. And MAG, welll IMO thats just a shocking game. Please explain how this isn't chaotic; I once shot an RPG into a small cabin and got 64 kills. Yep, 64. Funny for me, but what about for the people who just spawned and blew up - chaotic, confusing and down right annoying.

There you go. I'm not saying smaller is better. BF3 is my favourite online shooter. Resistance 2 had no quality, just quantity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    I had mixed feelings about the overall series, I've always felt the extended canon was more interesting than most of the games.

R1 was a pretty solid arcade shooter, but nothing incredibly special.

I enjoyed R2 and R3, but not in the sense of them being incredible titles. They were just well done shooters.

About the only thing I can say about this series is it is better than most of the other popular FPSs (CoD, Halo, etc), but they were never stand-out titles.

I am really happy that Insomniac is leaving the series though, its clear to me after playing R3 that they weren't that into the series anymore (R3 had so much unrealized potential, that game coulda been one of the best shooters ever made... Instead they created a story that was overly simplistic and conflicted with the environment and it resulted in just a "good shooter").

I'd rather them move on than keep forcing the titles out for money. Same goes for R&C, I know people love it, but if Insomniac isn't into it anymore then they should stop.

If they really are a good studio, they will find a new IP to replace it.
    Exactly all this.

I'm still gutted about the epic story development they're just leaving behind. But better off abandoned than spat on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Thought I'd share this with you

Always so much faith in Sony with these people....

Well 'going out without a bang' means it wasn't good...

Anyone else want them to work on a HD re-release of the old PS2 R&C games after Overstrike? Of course, with those new-fangled contraptions called 'trophies' . I'm not sure if they've actually announced if they'll be doing that.

I'd also like to see the original Resistance with trophies, not because it was a spectacular (still loved it) game, but because I'd love to go back to my first ever shooter on PS3, just for the nostalgia.
    They said they wouldn't, it's completely up to Sony.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well that wasn't my 'logic' so please don't say anything if you don't have a clue of what you're talking about

I never said nobody played BF3 or MAG, or that bigger was bad, I just said that on R2, you would just get blown up merely seconds after spawning from every direction. I don't have a clue where you got your jibberish from. With 16 players it is more compact and less chaotic. I am playing BF3 right now and I don't spawn and get obliterated every minute. And MAG, welll IMO thats just a shocking game. Please explain how this isn't chaotic; I once shot an RPG into a small cabin and got 64 kills. Yep, 64. Funny for me, but what about for the people who just spawned and blew up - chaotic, confusing and down right annoying.

There you go. I'm not saying smaller is better. BF3 is my favourite online shooter. Resistance 2 had no quality, just quantity.
    Oh. I understand what you mean. It just that when I read your post, I assume and thought you don't like MP with large amount of players. From what you said, I never had any problem like you mention. Even if I had that problem, it doesn't deter me from my gaming experience. I was dissapointed with R3 MP for dumbing it down.
    <3 Girls Generation/SNSD!!!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by mikedo2007 View Post
    Oh. I understand what you mean. It just that when I read your post, I assume and thought you don't like MP with large amount of players. From what you said, I never had any problem like you mention. Even if I had that problem, it doesn't deter me from my gaming experience. I was dissapointed with R3 MP for dumbing it down.
    Ok, glad to clear it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Eh... It doesn't bother me.

I really liked Resistance 2, but I got burned out on it with online play. By the time Resistance 3 came around, I stopped caring.
    "Those who do not show respect will receive none in kind."

Lvl 4 - Silver

i love insomniac games to death but i could never seem to get into the resistance series i dont know why i mean they are good games but thats as far as i can go i cant say there the best on the ps3 cause there not there many other games i that think are better shooters like the orange box but other than that im happy that they have decided to stop making resistance games cause now they can do what they do best and that is.... make some of the best platformers this industry has ever seen like the ratchet and clank series heck even make a IP all together thats if there getting sick of making platformers then make something original something never seen in gaming sure resistance was cool but it wasn't the most original game im sure the clever minds at insomniac games can come together and create something awesome

platbar and sig by wadefan1

2011 Member of the Year

R1 and R2 were great. I haven't hit R3 yet, but I am sad to see the series go

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234