Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

No More Resistance Game - Happy or not?

This is a discussion on No More Resistance Game - Happy or not? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; PS3 News: Insomniac 'won't be making any more Resistance games' - ComputerAndVideoGames.com So you gals/guys happy that Insomniac arenīt making ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

No More Resistance Game - Happy or not?

PS3 News: Insomniac 'won't be making any more Resistance games' - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

So you gals/guys happy that Insomniac arenīt making more titles in this franchise or sad faces?

Iīm happy. Dreadful games, generic main lead who I donīt give a sh!t whether he lived or died and washed up support characters with no emotional value (I havenīt played R3, but if it takes 2 bad games to make one decent...............).

The weapons were cool but lacked punch, the enemy felt like paper mache. The co-op multiplayer had to closed stages for so many players.

Hope they make a new IP ( yeah I know about Overstrike).

You?
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well invested you were or not, Resistance fall of Man was basically Sony's lifejacket when they sent ps3 floating. So.. I guess I'm okay with them not making any more. It's better to burn out than to fade away.

A plat a month!

Personally, I'm indifferent either way.

I thought that R1 and R2 were good games. I thought the stories were good, and gameplay was likely done well. However R3, again good gameplay and story, but I thought it was way too easy. I like racking up trophies, but I do like a bit of a challenge. Part of me feels that R3 was rushed, or that it was "dumbed down"

So I'm not crying over Resistance not getting another game. I'd like to see Insomniac do more though.

I'd like to see more out of Insomniac

Lvl 10 - Platinum

never liked them based off of demos, maybe they can focus on a new r and c trilogy

INTJ

a generic fps is dead

Lvl 9 - Gold

Good series, but after R3, they will have lost support for it from all over.

At least they ended it well, maybe....

Lvl 9 - Gold

They downgraded the MP with less players and even less modes with R3, guess it went out without a bang.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    They downgraded the MP with less players and even less modes with R3, guess it went out without a bang.
    So that means it was a poor game? I fail to see you logic, 60 plus players meant utter confusion. I think R3 was a great game.
    Also, it was well-known that this was just a trilogy from the very beginning.

I really wanna see what Overstrike will be like. But I mostly just want some new R&C games, but NOT like All 4 One, like the epic Tools of Destruction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

PRO Member

never played any of the games so i can't really say if i am happy or sad about it
    Still from what i've heard about R3 i guess it was for the best

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

The Last of Us

I played about half way through the first one and got bored with it, so it won't bother me if they give up on the series.

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Brohgrick Talonteeth View Post
    So that means it was a poor game? I fail to see you logic, 60 plus players meant utter confusion. I think R3 was a great game.

I really wanna see what Overstrike will be like. But I mostly just want some new R&C games, but NOT like All 4 One, like the epic Tools of Destruction.
    Nope, did I say that? I was implying that Inso didnīt bring their A game into the last round.
    Hand-bra Jeans

Medaka Box

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

I'm more than happy. Now they can focus on better franchises.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Brohgrick Talonteeth View Post

The Ratchet & Clank series has reached 10 titles, I feel it's highly likely (going by previous decisions and statements from Insomniac before, let alone this title count) there won't be any more.

Unless of course, they are willing to make any more such mistakes as Resistance 3, but for now, i'm just hoping their new projects come out clean.

If you still have a working PS2, buy the first 4 games, f*cking unmissable entertainment

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    a generic fps is dead
    Halo is finally dead?!

Kiwi Defender

I'm glad. This means they ain't rehashing it like with the Rehash & Crap franchise, but that they also agree that 3 finished rather well. I would've liked to find out more as to where the Chimera actually came from and all that jazz, but I can deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by leatherface000 View Post
    Halo is finally dead?!
    That, or CoD or Crysis .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I think it ended pretty well and I am glad that Insomniac isn't milking their franchise, they know when to stop.
    I hope to see a brand new franchise at Insomniac Games and I will continue to support them.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by leatherface000 View Post
    Halo is finally dead?!
    halo aint generic, there isn't a single game that has felt close to halo to me.

so is crysis 1

The Bushiest Pig

I love the series ... but I have a few thoughts going through my head:

#1 Now Insomniac can't milk they series .... you never know .. Sony could hand it off to another Developer.

#2 I feel like it ended on a good note.

#3 I would have liked to have found out more about the Chimera's origins, the Cloven, why the Chimera left Earth the first time etc.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Crocodile Hunter

I dnt mind, Resistance has run her course and the story is finished as far as im concerned... no point trying to milk the cow till breaking point......cough GOW cough

Sig by Apokolypz

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    I dnt mind, Resistance has run her course and the story is finished as far as im concerned... no point trying to milk the cow till breaking point......cough Ratchet & Clank cough
    There, fixed it for ya .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast