Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

trophy hunter or not???

This is a discussion on trophy hunter or not??? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; like just about every one here on this site, i try to trophy hunt for a lot of my games ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

trophy hunter or not???

like just about every one here on this site, i try to trophy hunt for a lot of my games nowadays and im actually improving my plat earnings, iv got an ok amount of platinums so far but as i went threw my trophy list i saw that i had just over 50 games that i know i will never platinum whether its cause they require a huge amount of time or that i just cant be bothered so i started to think , is it really safe to call myself a trophy hunter??? when i have all these games that iv played and only got a few percentage on but bare in mind i played these games before i started taking trophy hunting as a hobby, i even thought to give up trophy hunting for this alone take a look at my trophies and tell me what you think

platbar and sig by wadefan1

The One and Only

You can call yourself a trophy hunter if you like to hunt down trophies, so I say you're a trophy hunter.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Kid, not loser

If a trophy hunter does not want to put time into a game that he knows he wont enjoy doing so then he can still be a trophy hunter. I have lots of games I gave up on just because I did not enjoy them one bit. like the csi game, bodycount, demon forge and many others.

Lvl 4 - Silver

thanks guys its good to hear what some people thought about it

PRO Member

I'd say you're a hunter. You've got Mirrors Edge platinum!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yea id say you are. Any trophy where you really have to go out of your way to get qualifies you i think! same with me so many games iv played il never plat!!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    thanks man but heres the catch, i have a friend whos really good at mirrors edge so he did some of the time trials and and some of the speedruns for me does that still count???

PRO Member

Yeah, I can't see why not. If he had done all the game for you, then no
    I've done Veteran run throughs on COD for a mate, because he stresses out too quickly. lol.
    But he's also a hunter, otherwise he wouldn't have spent like 12 hours straight doing COD Zombies with me, to get one trophy :p

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I say you're a trophy hunter because you got few platinums. It doesn't matter if you can't plat the rest of your games. The thing is that some people doesn't even know that trophies are existing or (they don't understand them) lol. If some people are trying to plat hard games like i don't know: PROTOTYPE, White Knight Chronicles, Sacred 2: Fallen Angel etc... then they are definitelly trophy hunters.

How long have you beeing hunting for trophies

Like i consider myself as a trophy hunter but also a 100% completionist .

Lvl 9 - Gold

You don't have to be able to earn every last trophy in every last game you own, in order to be a 'hunter'. What you could do is pick some challenging games that you enjoy playing, and attempt to platinum those. If you can tuck some respectable and difficult plats under your proverbial belt, then I'd say that should elevate you to the rank of trophy hunter. You already have the plats for Mirrors Edge and both Batman games, so there are 3 decent plats right there. Just keep going with ths and don't worry too much about the games you don't really enjoy enough to want to plat them.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I wouldn't say I'm a trophy hunter myself, I've like 25 games and only 7 Plats. I wouldn't buy a game just to Platinum it (like Terminator or Megamind) and I wouldn't Platinum a game if I know it's too difficult (like GTA -online- or WipEout HD, etc), but I will try to get as many trophies as I can. For games that don't have Plats I'll try to get the Trophies too but not if I don't really like the game.

Now that I think about it I think I am kind of a trophy hunter but not a Platinum hunter if you know what I mean, what do you think?

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Maybe you are a trophy hunter but not so much of a platinum hunter? I hate having a bunch of games just sitting with all the easy trophies done. That's how people get their numbers up so high, they play many types of games to get all the easy (bronze) trophies and don't fight for that plat. There are games I will play with every effort to plat. After hunting for the last couple of years, I know if I will plat a game when I start it out. Other than racing games, if there are speed runs (Mirrors Edge and Force Unleashed II) or timed combo ratings (Batman AA) then I know I won't be able to plat it. It's a skill I just don't have interest in improving. I currently have games I have been putting off cuz of these reasons (Bayonetta and Vanquish). Just try your hardest and if you can't get it no worries, plats don't carry any value to your gamer score anyway!

Vive La Révelation!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    Ok if Chris says you’re a hunter! Then you’re a hunter, enough said.
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

PRO Member

As many people on here think that if you like hunting trophies and have a decent amount of plats, which you apparently do, then you're a trophy hunter, though personally and I seem to be the only who thinks, I think you have to be able to plat most of your games to be a true trophy hunter but I think I'm just taking this a bit far/ I'm a bit OTT , that is why it's my goal to plat/100% every game I own, but I've just been really busy lately, but based on what most people think a trophy hunter is, I'd say you are one....

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Banned

Sounds like you worry about how you are perceived.. play the games you like and if you don't want to go for platinum then don't or if you don't like it then don't continue playing it... trade/sell/break the game and move on...

Regional Manager of War

Play your games first and plat them second because there is nothing worst than trying to plat a "hard" game that you never enjoyed playing at all. IMO Games > Trophies

Lvl 4 - Silver

good think i recently made a second account to play games i not going to plat

Lvl 4 - Silver

How long have you beeing hunting for trophies

well i earned my very first platinum if i remember correctly on 23rd of September 2010 which was uncharted 2 which was my first and still is my favorite PS3 game

MK Plat = Overrated

I would say that you have a respectable trophy set there. I'd say you were a /trophy hunter. It sucks that you come across bad games. I've gotten lucky in that area. I happen to thoroughly enjoy the games I have and have ed.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think 90% of all the people on these forums are trophy hunters. I mean why else would we be on a site dedicated to ps3 trophies unless we actually hunt for them. As for completion I myself am a hunter but not a completionist. There are games like Sonic generations I will try to play to beat but not go through the rest to platinum it. I play games to be entertained and if I get trophys along the way great. Might I add that I also do fall under the trap of easy trophys it's all about the entertainment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast