Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Most ANNOYING Collectable Trophies??

This is a discussion on Most ANNOYING Collectable Trophies?? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The most annoying I've had to do were the fucking pigeons from GTA IV. I seriously looked for one stinkin ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

The most annoying I've had to do were the fucking pigeons from GTA IV. I seriously looked for one stinkin pigeon all over the city before starting a new game and having to redo the 100%.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Collecting the red rings in Sonic Generations was a grind, as well as the film reels in L.A. Noire.

Lvl 7 - Gold

the blast shards on infamous 1

PRO Member

Collecting all the weapons/items in FF13 was my worst experience with collectibles so far.Since most of the stuff you got wasn't even useful.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Blast Shards in inFamous 1
    everyone goes on about this trophy, i don't have it yet but i have went around collecting a fair few, what the hell is the problem? the game fucking tells you where they are

i personally enjoy exploring games and hunting for the collectables, the only one that did suck was the pigeons on GTA 4, due to the fact some of them were in ridiculous places that you would never think of...but the icing on the cake was the fact you had to shoot them, so nearly every pigeon you'd get the cops after you due to there being no silenced weapons in the game, so that meant shooting a pigeon then running to lose the cops then returning to the area to continue searching, a ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS!

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by iToxicityHD View Post
    I've never had trouble with collectibles, simply because I love going around the world finding them.
    The most annoying though? inFamous blast shards probably, but it did seem pretty easy if you had a map, or if you kept using that radar scanning ability you had.
    I agree with this. I found all 100 treasures in Uncharted 2 without a map/guide. It was the perfect excuse to keep playing that awesome, awesome game.

Another thing that annoys me, honestly, is games that only have 10-20 collectibles. I'd rather they make them a serious part of the game and include at least 100, or just bag the idea altogether.

It's even worse when the collectibles are like case files or character art or some crap that has zero impact on gameplay and trophies.

Lvl 9 - Gold

The Blast Shards in inFAMOUS weren't that hard since you could see them in the minimap but it was annoying if you missed 1 or 2.
    The Flying Rats in GTAIV are terrible. Without a guide it would take weeks to find them all, it doesn't even tell you how many are in each district.
    Other than that I like collectibles, the ones in Sly Cooper were fairly easy.

I don't know if the count as "collectibles" since you kinda collect them all for trophies but the Star Ocean Battle trophies are hard.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

The Deathly Rhythm

Mafia 2
    Wanted Weapons Of Fate
    Infamous
    AC 2
    AC Brotherhood
    Motorstorm Apocalypse
    Bioshock
    all of these games collectibles annoyed me!
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    Nobody has mentioned the 1,001 light seeds from Prince of Persia yet? Wow.
    I just seen this thread and this is the first game that came to my mind, there were so many they didnt even know where to hide em anymore they literately just threw some at your face. Also Infamous 1 the problem every1 has is at the end when you are just missing one damn blast shard and you have to search every island to look for it which is time consuming, took me more than 2hrs to find it.

PRO Member

Unlike most people here, getting or spending 5 days for example finding the last blast shard does not annoy me, but Infamous was by far the worst one for me, I spent 3 days looking for one shard, finally found it in the Warren on a power line......

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Buy my book, Alteration

I didn't even finish the Blast Shards in inFAMOUS 1. I stopped after searching like a total of 30 hours for the final two.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I agree killing 200 pigeons was very boring and tedious.

Banned

It sucks playing with a guide... that's why I have 4 trophies for UC2 ... but Infamous... just printing off a map and marking it down was easy... like Mercs 2 ... planning ahead takes away from the game especially when you have to look down then look up every 30 seconds...but if you know you are playing a game with those types of collectibles... find away to get yourself a map.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I Dont Think This Counts As A Collectable (Well It Obviously Does Not But...)

Auto Fanatic
    Drive Every Vehicle In The City

Every Car Looks The Same I Only Got This After Finding Out About The Glitch

Toggle Spoiler

Thanks You D1mech For My Epic Sig And Bladia For My Epic Avatar

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR View Post
    It sucks playing with a guide... that's why I have 4 trophies for UC2 ... but Infamous... just printing off a map and marking it down was easy... like Mercs 2 ... planning ahead takes away from the game especially when you have to look down then look up every 30 seconds...but if you know you are playing a game with those types of collectibles... find away to get yourself a map.
    I think games like uncharted weren't so bad if you did it on you 2nd play thru on crushing using a guide. doesnt take anything away from the game since you have already played thru once, but you are right can ruin a game using a guide on a first play

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by blitz1423 View Post
    I Dont Think This Counts As A Collectable (Well It Obviously Does Not But...)

Auto Fanatic
    Drive Every Vehicle In The City

Every Car Looks The Same I Only Got This After Finding Out About The Glitch
    ^What glitch? Anyway i really hated collecting those cars too, i was surprised it wasn't my last trophy

Sig made by Prosthetic

Lvl 9 - Gold

inFamous blast shards and Batman: AC riddler trophies.

I don't know why people don't like AC feathers. I got them in 30 minutes after game completion using a map. There are only 100 so it's not really a chore.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 2 - Bronze

De Blob 2, hard to find without a guide and you could miss some and not get back without doing the whole level.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Generally, collectible trophies don't bother me. But I'd have to say that having to kill 200 pigeons in GTA is proving to be a complete pain! It would be much easier if you had a silenced gun to shoot them with, rather than having to fire a non-silenced weapon which attracts the attention of any nearby cops, thereby necessitating that you lose your wanted level before you can return to the area and look for the next pigeon. I can see me losing my patience with this one!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

No one has mentioned METAL GOD from Brutal Legend?

If it glitches you have to get everything on 1 sitting (although the DLC makes it waaaay easier).

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid."

"The road to success is always under construction."

List of PLAYSTATION 3 Games without Trophy Support.

Avatar, Signature and Profile header by In2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast