Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Most ANNOYING Collectable Trophies??

This is a discussion on Most ANNOYING Collectable Trophies?? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; any ONLINE ones...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

any ONLINE ones

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by simula67 View Post
    In general, collectibles with no rewards are the worst. I think the worst ones for me were the pigeons in GTAIV. People are complaining about the shards, but you get shard radar. I actually really liked hunting down the light seeds in Prince of Persia. I know, masochistic. I'm glad someone mentioned the collectibles in Borderlands... nothing's better than letting your PS3 run overnight to get enough of the random drops.
    I didn't find the shards too annoying but once you find out you're missing 1 or 2 it can get frustrating.
    As for the light seeds I have to agree with you, I quite enjoyed collecting those and at the end you could at least check on the map in which area you were missing some.
    The ones I hate the most are the ones in GTA IV and Assassin's Creed, it's like they wanted to make it even more annoying in Brotherhood than it already was in AC II
    Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.

Lvl 4 - Silver

when it comes to collectibles, it all really matters on a number of things, if they offer anything at the end when you find them all , do they add reply value to the game, are they fun to collect, what r u collecting, are there easy to acquire you see there are a lot of different things that make up if collectibles in a game are worth collecting, also dont forget that people before this generation of consoles were completing games 100% games like 2d and 3d platformers. here are some examples of good and bad collectibles in games ( on this current generation )

-batman arkham asylum/city: to go with the immensely detailed world of the arkham games, the developers needed something to will appeal to completionist and that was the introduction of riddles, these riddles were set up by the riddler as a way to test batman's intelligence in ARKHAM ASYLUM there were 240 riddles consisting of visual iddles were ou given a riddle on the screen each time you enter a certain room and then you have to figure out what the riddle is in said room, now the great thing about these riddles( in the asylum) is that a lot of them refer to batman villains that aren't actually in the game so you could say they were Easter eggs. now for arkham city same idea really only this time there's 400 riddles and the riddler has hostages( these are side missions ) were you have to unlock a certain amount of riddles in order to unlock the nest hostage mission, quite simply there riddles are a bit frustrating but they are very fun to collect heck i was even a batman fan before i played these games and now i am

-prince of Persia ( 2008): the collectibles in this game are light seeds there are 1001 of them altough it has been said you can collect all of them and still finish the game in under 12 hours you really have to be bothered, i know a lot of them are in plain sight but what about the last 20 or 10 or 5 or even the last one? how r u going to find it the wordl isnt exactly small, but i will say this if you enjoy this game then by all means collect all the light seeds after all this is an easy platinum

-uncharted 1,2,3:the uncharted series have collectibles that really go with the games theme... treasure hunting, threw out Nate's adventure if you search in different location you will actually finds treasures ( antiques) scatted all over the world and these are very easy and fun to collect ( you might nee a guide dou). in the first game there were only 60 treasures but in the 2nd and 3rd game they brought it up to a total of 100 ( also these are real artifacts they didnt just make them up except for the secret relic)

-assassins creed series: as much as i love the AC series,the collectibles are quite tirering it made sense to find the 100 feathers for AC2 ( to remember the memory of ezio's little brother who collected feathers) but you didn't get anything at the end when you ind them all you do however get a great weapon at 50 feathers which is cool, the other games dou are also tirering not to say they arnt fun but you really have to again bother to find them all

-infamous 1: infamous 2's shards were actually a lot easier to find than 1's cause there were only 305 shards while 1 had 350 and in 2 you acquire a power which can actually tell were the remanding shards are no matter were you are on the map while in infamous 1 you do get a similar power that only shows shard that are near to you, easy at first until you get to your say last 10 shards were you have to go all aroun the map several times just searching for these shards in fact many people have spent hours or even days searching for the last shards, i myself am at 343/350 so i have to look everywhere, the cool about these shards is that if you acquire certain amount of them each time ( while on your way to 350) your energy bar ( the bar that tells you how much electricity you have left ) actually goes up by one circle which is really helpful especially when our fighting tough enemies

so like i said collectibles can be fun to collect as long as they have some of the qualities i mentioned at the top
    Last edited by mentalgear; 02-12-2012 at 03:13 PM.

platbar and sig by wadefan1

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'd say all the orbs in Enslaved Oddysey to the West was annoying as hell but yeah all those you guys mention no question about it

Gaming since 1985!

The orbs in Enslaved take the cake for me, at least in my gaming experience. I spent numerous hous on YouTube, with my head cocked toward the computer screen, watching those videos 30 seconds at a time.

-Another one of the numerous mentioned: inFamous blast shards. I had found around 330, needed a map and had to meticulously got to each location to see if I had it or not.

-Right now, going for the 1,000,000 bolts trophy in R&C: A4O. Been playing the same level over and over like 20 times so far and only half way. Ugh.

-The loot and armor boxes in Dead Nation. Thank god for videos.

-The feathers in AC2.

-The dog tags in Wolverine. Went thought it like 3 times and missed one every time.

Gotham's Reckoning

In no particular order:

Every Collectable - Just Cause 2
    Every Colllectable - Dante's Inferno
    Every Collectable - All the GOW's
    Wanted Posters - Mafia 2
    Blast Shards - Infamous
    Feathers - Assassin's Creed 2
    Flags - Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I hate collectables in EVERY game. It just gives people a reason not to platinum a game or it takes them so much longer to get the platinum then they should. Some that have really annoyed me are Motorstorm, Infamous 1 (infamous 2 the blast shards are easy. I was so happy when I got them all), T-Shirts in No More Heroes, Red rings in Sonic Generations, and treasures in Uncharted. I haven't gone for the feathers yet in AC2. I know that's going to be hard but considering I have started that game over 3 times (different reasons my save file was lost) I might just say nuts to that and not go for them. It's just annoying having a laptop in your lap playing youtube videos while pausing every 30 seconds while you try to enjoy the game at the same time.

On the other hand the easiest collectables I HAVE found were Green Lantern

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I don't mind collectibles that much, unless if I don't have a map.

MK Plat = Overrated

As long as the collectibles are useful or add to the story, I don't mind them. I don't think I've had a collectable run that I hated doing.

PRO Member

Collect all Wepon and accesercery in FFXIII

Lvl 3 - Bronze

final fantasy 13 tresure hunter by far worst ive attempted

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

I don't mind collectibles in games. I've been doing them since I can remember gaming even when there was no reward. I was just a completist like that.

Having said, they can be annoying such as:

Katamari Forever 4000+ items you need to collect
    GTA4 pigeons
    Brutal Legend everything, because I got the save glitch at 74% and had to collect everything in one sitting without dying or reloading
    inFamous shards because I was down to the last 13 or so by the end of the game and had to spend an extra 3 hours going through every single shard location
    LA Noire cars was annoying, they all look similar and some cars only appear during certain cases/side-missions

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Undrey View Post
    inFAMOUS, blast shards with no map.
    Without a map Doom found all but 7. They weren't that hard, just running on rooftops clicking that analog stick constantly.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

PRO Member

SAW 2 has to be the worst for collectibles!

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    Nobody has mentioned the 1,001 light seeds from Prince of Persia yet? Wow.
    I don't remember it that much so it couldn't have been that bad

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 4 - Silver

I can't believe Mafia 2's being named this often. I thought that was easy. Like the feathers in Assassin's Creed. I also didn't mind the treasures in Uncharted. What I hate though, are the blast shards in inFamous. It was my first PS3 game, bought it in a bundle at the time of its release, and to this day I have not yet platted it. I'm missing 2 blast shards, for fuck's sake. Also the 1001 light seeds in Prince of Persia. Many people say they're easy, but there's just no accurate guide out there anymore. Plus, 1001 is just to much in my opinion. I mean, padding out your game? Fine. But know your limits, Ubisoft!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Not so much a collectible, but blowing up all the shit in The Saboteur was so tedious......so many freaking things to destroy.
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

MK Plat = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Aipher View Post

Brutal Legend everything, because I got the save glitch at 74% and had to collect everything in one sitting without dying or reloading
    LOL. That shit happened to me too. After the first time that happened, I didn't play the game for another five months. After taking a break like that, it wasn't so bad doing it in one run.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by jess1234567 View Post
    The orbs in Enslaved take the cake for me, at least in my gaming experience. I spent numerous hous on YouTube, with my head cocked toward the computer screen, watching those videos 30 seconds at a time.
    That's the point im at right now and its becoming quite tedious...the game doesnt even tell you how many you have/dont have it just tells you a % so you cant be sure how many orbs your actually looking for in a lvl.

Besides that,
    AC2 feathers were not too bad. The game tells you the districts you need to visit and how many more you need.
    Prototype wasnt too bad if you had a map it just annoyed me that you had to find both hint and landmark collectables.
    Uncharted treasures are not hard at all as you dont really have to put much effort into looking for them.
    LBP did have some really obscure and hard to reach bubble, it was one of my last traophies because it was so frustrating and even more so if you needed to find a few people to play with to reach certain bubbles.
    Darksiders isnt too frustrating but you need a guide to find everything
    Prince of Persia didnt bother me, most of the 1,001 light seeds are in obvious places and stand out its easy to find most of them without a guide. I was just happy that none of them glitched on me like ive heard from other people.
    GTA V is where I start to become frustrated. I tried doing these in a previous save before the trophy patch came in and couldnt find them all so I havent even bothered on my 2nd playthrough. Plus driving around that huge city for all those birds, no thanks.

If I play a game with collectables and attempt to find them all, I try to do it throught my game and as I pass through certain areas. If I left it all to the end I know there is no way I ever get them.

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by black__bunny View Post
    Prototype wasnt too bad if you had a map it just annoyed me that you had to find both hint and landmark collectables.
    How could I forget Prototype....

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think everyone has added pretty much all the crappy ones.

I'd also like to add the golden film reels from LA Noire. Not only do they add nothing to the game, they are absolutely impossible to find without a guide. At least there are only 50 of them.

Hey, feel free to add me (Coconutz) on PSN!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast