May have gone a bit overboard...

This is a discussion on May have gone a bit overboard... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So I realised recently I've been going a bit crazy on cheap games... In the past month I have bought ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

May have gone a bit overboard...

So I realised recently I've been going a bit crazy on cheap games...

In the past month I have bought quite a few games, pretty much all because they had trophies, although I do love most of them....

First of all I bought Tomb Raider Trilogy for 9.99 - Amazon
    Then, about a day after, I bought Prince of Persia collection for 9.99. - ebay
    My brother bought me Need For Speed:The Run for Xmas.
    Now I have bought Ratchet & Clank a Crack In Time for 9 (well, 6.50 plus postage...) - ebay
    I THINK [got a message saying my card details didn't match, but then got a message saying my order had been confirmed] that I have bought Little Big Planet 2 for 11 (off play)
    And I have just won Uncharted 3 for 20.79 (plus postage. Though I may need to buy an online pass code) - ebay

All of which at some point will be platinumed (I hope anyway!).

Despite the fact I still have Resident Evil 5 to get a plat on, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 to at least TRY and get a plat on, GTA 4 if I can ever be arsed to go back into it, Uncharted 2 complete with Siege DLC (not that anyone ever plays this anymore ) AND Uncharted to complete on crushing for the plat.

This is turning into quite a backlog at the moment, I don't even consider myself a hardcore gamer! Anyone else like me and can't resist a bargain... ?
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

PRO Member

I was definitely like that for a while, but had to focus on other things...hopefully will be able to start purchasing "deal" games once more, but it does create quite the backlog, lol. I don't think of it as a bad thing though as you'll probably get around to those games sooner or later It's all about having fun!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 6 - Silver

Although I will buy games for trophies at times, I dont buy a bargain JUST for trophies. I buy a game, get about 30% of the trophies or more (depends if I like the types of trophies) but besides that I dont trophy hunt as much as I used too. I spend most of my time enjoying the game like.. (EXAMPLE: WWE12 Universe Mode) I play for fun. But, on to the question. I used to, but not anymore.
    I still play Black Ops because me and brother have 2 PS3's and share a copy of Modern Warfare 3. So that is why I play it sometimes. Thats the *ONLY* time I play Black Ops! When brother is not playing MW3, I am!

Lvl 9 - Gold

This happened to me when I got my PS3. All the good/old games were cheap (inFamous, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed). So I ended up buying around 14 games and it took a long time before I actually beat them all. Another problem is as games came out I would also buy them. ATM I only have 2 games that I haven't played yet, so I pretty much caught up.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Definately cant resisit a bargain,it would be rude to turn it down.i also bought the tomb raider trilogy,new for about 8 (ebay) and i also bought star wars the force unleashed off of ebay new because it was ridiculously cheap and i wanted to try it out sometime,oh and i also bought spider man edge of time,new from amazon for about 15.you cant beat a good bargain.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

Your not alone! lol.....i also buy games at cheap prices just because i know i might not get the deal again! but i just re started collecting New York Yankees Auto/Signed Cards so, i hope i stop buying games til the ones i have are platinum!.....got about 10 games waitting to get played! i recently picked up both Call of Juarez The Cartel and Fear 3 both for a total of $19 off Gamefly!.....lol GAME On!!!!!!!

PRO Member

I was there for a short spell... I actually recently borrowed 5 games from a friend and have a few of my own purchases waiting in the wake too. It's slightly sad to see them sitting there so lonely, haha.

I also keep adding games to the "wish list"... how am I ever going to get through them all?

Lvl 10 - Platinum

i have a friend who buys pretty much everything that catches his fancy including some games from me, but hasnt played a bunch of them because he gets easily distracted by other games that he has, hes got almost every system available and still plays games on all of them but continues to buy more and more games that hell probably never get around to, i try to keep only a couple games available to myself at one time unless i find a really great deal then i dont buy anything for months while trying to work through all of them

Plats-O'-War!!

I'm in the same boat as you. New and used is all I have (some still in plastic from 2010 ), that's why I have a huge ass backlog now, but, I'm slowly grinding away at it!! (Plus, I'm about to sell close to 10 games online so I can reserve Ninja Gaiden 3 )

Lvl 4 - Silver

Best way to buy games!

Bargains I got before December 2011; Uncharted 3 24
    Batman: Arkham City 21
    Skyrim 22
    Infamous 2 15

All of these great games, all bought just after release (except I2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

PRO Member

Even if I see a great deal, I don't get the game, I always make sure that I finish and plat/100% all my games especially now as I have got a back long of about 8 games to 100%/Plat........

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Buy my book, Alteration

I do my best to juggle a backlog. I often play two to three different games in a day to keep it all flowing, but I end up focusing on one game.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Seems ok, nothing near going overboard.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    (some still in plastic from 2010 ), )
    I have some in plastic too... I have some games I bought 2 years ago .. on the shelf with plastic... I just finally played Bionic Commando I bought for 10 bucks... fuck that game made me mad... if you look at my trophies you will not see the following games that are on my shelf:

Chronicles of Riddick
    Big Game Hunter
    End War
    Alone in the Dark

I bought them dirt cheap, new, on impulse... I like the movie Pitch Black so I may get around to Riddick... but the platinum will be impossible.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yep , stocked up on some games over the holidays @ 50-75% off , have about a doz to work thru , Rage,R-3-Dead is. etc , still banging away @ Sniper Ghost Warrior , wil ready for more games @ 50-75% off this Christmas , sure am enjoying my 1st childhood

Game on....

A few of the last games i platted were games i brought in the January sales (rage / deus ex). Nothing wrong with saving money and getting platinum at the same time.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I can't help resisting a good game sale either. I have so many games already (also with some still in the plastic) and I have no idea how Ill get through all of them but ill still buy a game if the price is right.
    I have more time this year than I have had previously so I'm hoping I can make a big dent in my backlog

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I normally play one game until I'm done with it. I don't normally jump on deals, even though I should.