Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

What Is Your Favorite PlayStation 3 Game

This is a discussion on What Is Your Favorite PlayStation 3 Game within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by brAvEhEaRtDC Midnight Club LA Noire Red Dead Redemption not sure about midnight club but LA Noire and ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by brAvEhEaRtDC View Post
    Midnight Club
    LA Noire
    Red Dead Redemption
    not sure about midnight club but LA Noire and RDR definetly great games
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Mafia 2........ great story line

Harvester of Souls

Demon's Souls . No doubt. Not sure if posted it and really don't think needed to, but no matter. Sharing anyways

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

Tough choice. I have so many favourites. Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Bioshock and Uncharted 2.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

My two favourite games of this gen, (and probably the only two games I would give a 10/10 to), are ratchet and clank a crack in time and uncharted 2. (There will be some spoilers about these two games coming up so if you have not played these games a) dont read the rest of my post and b) why have you not got these games ).

ACIT is just so much fun with a kick ass weapons lineups, a brilliant cast of characters like Nefarious and Qwark but most of all though insomniac really put a lot of effort in to ACIT and it pays off. The Clank puzzles are brilliant fun while providing a good challenge and they turn what were the worst parts of the ratchet games, the clank parts, into quite possibly the best parts or certainly on a par with the usual ratchet in my opinion. Also, the side planets provided some amazing platforming sections to go along with the more combat based and equally brilliant main missions. Thankfully, the ending leaves the possibility of another proper ratchet and clank game open, (All 4 One does not count), so please insomniac one more game pretty please .

However I would say Uncharted 2 is my favourite game of this gen, the single player is brilliant especially from the beginning of nepal (chapter 5) to reaching the monastery (chapter 22 I believe) it is so good. IMO, Modern Warfare popularised the formula of having big set piece moments in the single player but Uncharted 2, imo again, perfected that formula with chapters 6,13,14,20 and 21 all providing thrilling experiences. It is not just that though the game paces itself brilliantly with the serene walk through the village and the soothing platforming of the ice caves sandwiched in between the madness of the train sequence and then cat and mouse and convoy. The game is also absolutely gorgeous to look at with nepal, borneo, the ice caves and shambhala being personal highlights and the characters are well realised and the dialogue is funny and entertaining. It makes me laugh looking back before the game launched and many people, (me included), were apprehensive about the multi-player being shoehorned in and the single player would suffer for it compared to Uncharted 1 but in actual fact I got my favourite single player mode on the PS3 and the multi-player was sensational as the mixture of the verticality/climbing aspects and the gunplay combined perfectly.

Simply put if anybody was to say to me "You can only play one PS3 game from now, so which game is going to be?" I would say Uncharted 2 and if anybody said to me "You can go back in time and play any game again for the first time and experience the game for the first time again, so which game is it going to be?" I would say Uncharted 2 again and that is why it is my favourite ps3 game. Sorry for the long post especially but that is what my love of Naughty Dog and Insomniac will do to me, they should just be happy that I don't live in california because if I did I would be stalking them all year round, (only joking, honestly ).

That was a long first post glad it is out of the way yes and I know I have a weird username, it just comes from when I made an idiot of myself once.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Right now im in love with The Godfather II, fk love it so much

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Like free roaming crime games like GTA, Saints Row, Godfather etc...

All out of bubblegum.....

Splatterhouse is my favorite... something about all the blood and killing that tweaks my melon... I promise I'm not psycho or anything!

Lvl 10 - Platinum

does anyone remember simpsons hit and run on PS2 it was by far the best game ever

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by curryboy14 View Post
    does anyone remember simpsons hit and run on PS2 it was by far the best game ever
    yeah lol, those were the good times.

Banned

This is a toss up between Red Dead Redemption and Assassin's Creed 2.
    But I liked Red Dead Redemption a bit better so I'm going to go with that.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo_Ninja View Post
    yeah lol, those were the good times.
    yeah i would love how it was the simpsons era then, now its like COD, AC, UNCHARTED stuff like that, i would love to see a remake of that for ps3

Lvl 1 - Bronze

fallout 3 best game ever made by far shame they made such a bad mess of new vagas

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_29 View Post
    fallout 3 best game ever made by far shame they made such a bad mess of new vagas
    new vegas is the sequel or prequel to fallout 3?

iwasbornintheusa

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    -snip-
    That seems pretty harsh, doesn't it?
    anyway, I would make love to Uncharted 3 any day.

Thank you to DaRe_xLw for the signature

Chairman of the Board

Don't think I could actually pick a favourite. But of PS3 games it is a choice of the AC series and and Read Dead Redemption. Both have amazing single player stories, and the online, especially for RDR was just great fun when possying up with friends, and AC multiplayer was a great addition.

But also when looking at older games like GTA: San Andreas, Pokemon Yellow, Final Fantasy VII and the NFS: Underground. They were all amazing games.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

BioShock and Dead Space 2

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i would have to say CoD black ops or battlefield. both have a lot of replayability

Regional Manager of War

God of War III

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Hate sarcastic people :/ anyway, my personal favorite game of all time is.... GTA San Andreas. Don't really care about graphics, just the cheats lol. Jet packs, flying vehicles and thats only the start.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast