Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rumor: Assassin's Creed III Set During the American Revolution

This is a discussion on Rumor: Assassin's Creed III Set During the American Revolution within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The next Assassin's Creed game might be headed to American soil, according to a new, unconfirmed report from CVG .It ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Rumor: Assassin's Creed III Set During the American Revolution

The next Assassin's Creed game might be headed to American soil, according to a new, unconfirmed report from CVG.It pegs the forthcoming Assassin's Creed III — or whatever Ubisoft will call this year's planned installment — as set during the American Revolution.

CVG cites "a source close to the project" who reportedly also reveals that the next major Assassin's Creed will be unveiled by March 31.

Ubisoft has said the follow-up to Assassin's Creed: Revelations will be "the biggest to date" and that Assassin's Creed III would feature a "new setting, [and] new hero."

The publisher-developer has solicited user feedback on the future direction of the series, according to an alleged marketing research survey. One of the possible locations and time periods under consideration was "the confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during the American Revolution of the XVIII century."

According to Assassin's Creed canon, American Revolution commander-in-chief George Washington was one of the many owners of a Piece of Eden, having possessed an Apple of Eden in 1781.

Thoughts, Assassin's Creed fans? Does the American Revolution and its many conflict opportunities interest you, in terms of stabbing people in the throat?

CVG:Assassin's Creed heads to American Revolution – Rumour
    Source: Side Mission » Rumor: Assassin's Creed III Set During the American Revolution

Lvl 7 - Gold

I would love this time period, me being the biggest Assassin's Creed fan there is, I would be content with this time period and I can't wait to see this new hero and how he unfolds. When the first Assassin's Creed came out, I liked Altair a lot! I thought nobody could be better, then Assassin's Creed II came out, and I was a tad skeptical about Ezio, but then Ezio turned out to be way better than Altair. I hope the new Assassin surpasses Ezio when it comes to skill, wits, and the ladies. As long as they bring back the infamous Hidden Blades, I could care less what they do.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

PRO Member

That would be cool, but I just want more playable time as Desmond.

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

That'll be a nice change

Lvl 2 - Bronze

This could be interesting, could that mean that there will be more of an intergration of guns though?

Kiwi Defender

Bleh, this won't work. Victorian England, Feudal Japan or Ancient Egypt would've been much better. Hell, the French Revolution or a World War are much more interesting settings than this.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by iToxicityHD View Post
    As long as they bring back the infamous Hidden Blades, I could care less what they do.
    Hidden Blades! Hidden Blades! Hidden Blades! Hidden Blades! Hidden Blades!
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Lvl 6 - Silver

I dunno what will come of this but i would bet that this assassin's creed is not "III" but the one to PSVita, cause the 3rd game is supposed to be the final chapter of Desmond and so i think it should be a game to be played as him to solve the problem that i still don't get for sure what it is xD

What im saying is
    This game is the one for Vita and the new assassin's creed for home consoles will be something to play only as Desmond or something like that

But we never know, i may be totally wrong xD

Buy my book, Alteration

That'd be interesting, as long as there still is hidden blades.

I'd prefer Victorian England. The setting would be a perfect fit.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by wcamicase View Post
    I dunno what will come of this but i would bet that this assassin's creed is not "III" but the one to PSVita, cause the 3rd game is supposed to be the final chapter of Desmond and so i think it should be a game to be played as him to solve the problem that i still don't get for sure what it is xD
    If only that was so easy.
    Every AC game gave us a "couple". Desmond+Altair then Desmond+Ezio. As much as I don't mind having new ancestor, I do mind that they want to introduce/develop/wrap up a new characters' storyline within a single game. It will be definitely rushed.

As for the location of AC3... Those who completed ACR should remember the ending of the game when Desmond wakes up. Weren't they driving their van to that location in US where the mysterious temple can be found? In such case it would make sense to have the storyline (past+present) placed in the US.

Retired on PS3 (since Dec 2013) due to half-broken console and lack of funds and time to fix it.
    Oct 2014 - Dec 2014 - Back on PS3
    Retired on PS3 since Jan 2014 due to original reasons.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 7 - Gold

Doom wanted to play as John Wilkes Booth. >.<
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Indie Game Developer

Oh god, I hope they don't introduce a new assassin. I thought they all but confirmed AC3 was going to be Desmond? I mean, Ezio had 3 games, Altair had 2, and Desmond is join on his 5th... there is no way they'll be able to introduce and finish an assassin in 1 game.

:/
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Instead of the mind games, would it be so hard to just play the whole game as Desmond?

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

PRO Ninja

i heard a rumor that AC3 was going to be in russia during the revolution, but i would like it to be in china (kung fu shaolin assassin monks), or in feudal japan (ninja assassins)

check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

Crocodile Hunter

really care where it is, im still going to buy it

Sig by Apokolypz

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNinjaKen View Post
    i heard a rumor that AC3 was going to be in russia during the revolution, but i would like it to be in china (kung fu shaolin assassin monks), or in feudal japan (ninja assassins)
    The Russian Revolution is another very interesting setting indeed .

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    Oh god, I hope they don't introduce a new assassin. I thought they all but confirmed AC3 was going to be Desmond? I mean, Ezio had 3 games, Altair had 2, and Desmond is join on his 5th... there is no way they'll be able to introduce and finish an assassin in 1 game.

:/
    Actually, Ältair has been in 4 games, and so has Ezio.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by iToxicityHD View Post
    I would love this time period, me being the biggest Assassin's Creed fan there is, I would be content with this time period and I can't wait to see this new hero and how he unfolds. When the first Assassin's Creed came out, I liked Altair a lot! I thought nobody could be better, then Assassin's Creed II came out, and I was a tad skeptical about Ezio, but then Ezio turned out to be way better than Altair. I hope the new Assassin surpasses Ezio when it comes to skill, wits, and the ladies. As long as they bring back the infamous Hidden Blades, I could care less what they do.
    sorry to say but compared to me you'd be the 2nd biggest Assassin's Creed Fan there is xD

but either so................ i don't see how this could work............... so til this(it) actually comes out.... i'm just gonna believe it's a rumor for now

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Bleh, this won't work. Victorian England, Feudal Japan or Ancient Egypt would've been much better. Hell, the French Revolution or a World War are much more interesting settings than this.
    I loved all of those ideas. I'd heard especially strong likelihoods surrounding feudal Japan and Victorian England. I hope they're still going with one of those.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Lvl 9 - Gold

I really don't care where the game takes place, or what setting the past is placed in. All I really want is to be able to control a female assassin inside the Animus. Either in AC3, or ACVita. Either one would be fine. I can't believe that Desmond has no females in his ancestry (lol). Come on, Ubisoft, give us a strong female to play as. I heard rumors about this as far back as before AC2 released, and I'm still waiting. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

PRO Member

I'm sure they were planning on keeping it a trilogy? Atleast with Desmond

That's why they're releasing it in 2012, so it coincides with the 2012 events (Just like the game) so I'd imagine it to be completely Desmond based surely?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast