Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Completing a game, or Getting easy trophies from many; Quality vs. Quantity?

This is a discussion on Completing a game, or Getting easy trophies from many; Quality vs. Quantity? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I prefer the quality. Yes i am a trophy whore xD but still i always bring the storyline in games ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

I prefer the quality. Yes i am a trophy whore xD but still i always bring the storyline in games first.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quality, of course.

BUT, if it's either getting a really difficult/annoying trophy or a lot of easy ones I'm probably gonna go for the easy ones meanwhile and go back to the difficult one later. I've been struggling for 15+ hours to get the last Trophy I need in Sengoku Basara, just a Silver Trophy, in that time I could have Platted Terminator, Megamind and probably another game, but it's not really the same.

I won't get the Plat of a game if the game's bad, even if the Plat is easy.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quality w/o question.
    --------------------
    "Put Capt Solo in the cargo hold."

Lvl 3 - Bronze

quality
    for my rank I have less overall trophies than other similarly ranked, some even have less than me, even better
    Last edited by SirWaWa; 03-04-2012 at 01:31 AM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The only reason I'm interested in trophies, is the sense of having completed the game fully (This goes back to way before trophies... like getting 120 stars in mario 64, unlock all cheats in goldeneye, beating max payne on the highest difficulty etc... I havent completely finished a game before this is achieved).

So my ultimate trophy goal, is going to my list of games and seeing:
    100%
    100%
    100%
    and so on... I don't care for what kinds of trophies they are or my trophy-level.

That doesn't mean that I will torture my self with a boring game for the 100%. Also, even if i get platinum, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm done (got 100% in jak 2 and jak 3 recently, but I'm still gonna play them again in Hero-mode)...

actually just calculated my average percentage on my trophylist... 97.0909% in 44 games (or 96.8% in 40 if the five tales of monkey island games count as one...

Does anyone look at trophies the same way as me?? And what is your average then? is there any kind of leaderboard on the web that looks at your average percentage??
    Last edited by Nexusaur; 03-05-2012 at 06:53 PM. Reason: had more to say...

I love football season!

I guess I'm more into quality over quantity. I try to play most games to completion, but I'm not always driven to complete a game I can't get into. As mentioned numerous times, it's all about personal preference. I'm not concerned about how my trophy count stacks up against anyone else or if somebody has "easy" trophies. It's all about finding games that I enjoy playing.

iCard by pittsteeler36

Lvl 4 - Silver

"Quality" is an odd word because some of the easiest games/trophies for me have been fun, so I would call Crack In Time or WWE LoW "quality" as well even though they were cakewalks. As far as the super hard ones go there's 2 types of time consuming: Time consuming you enjoy and time consuming you just do because you want 100%.

Earth Defense Force is INCREDIBLY time consuming for example, but because of that fact there's NO WAY I will let it sit on 93% forever. I'm all in. Situations like this are OK once in a while but far too frustrating to base most of your gaming on and generally it's less fun to get hung up on it.
    Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

A while back like when trophies first came out, without a doubt, I would have said quantity, but as time went on, getting all those easy trophies started feeling meaningless to me because everyone had them and required no skill. That and now i only plat games i truly enjoy because trophy hunting can feel like a chore at times so I say quality. I don't mind the few percentage boost it gives me on my profile, all that matters is that i enjoyed it

The Last of Us

I'm not really the right one to be saying this but quality is much better.
    As you can see my trophy card says differently, but that's just because I can't be bothered to plat a game I don't absolutely love. But I do have a tendency to play a game and only get far enough to realize I'm not really all that interested, therefore racking up a lot of bronze trophies.

My ratio of platinums to my overall trophy count is sad when I really think about it.

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

Lvl 4 - Silver

Mainly Quantity but i also like to get some quality trophies aswell.

PRO Member

It doesn't really matter as long as you like the game... but I'm gonna go with quality

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i don't care how many trophies i've got, just want to have a some really hard platinums to say i've done it.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I always at least try to complete the game. That means the SP at least. As for getting the trophies i always do my best to get as many as i can. But very time consuming trophies or online trophies are trophies i hate the most. I rarely get them except when it is a game i really really like.
    But there's no way i'm buying easy games just to get the trophies. I only buy games i'm really interested in and i rarely pick a game based on trophylists.

PRO Member

like a good balance of hard and easy plats its all about plats per year for me !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12