Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Completing a game, or Getting easy trophies from many; Quality vs. Quantity?

This is a discussion on Completing a game, or Getting easy trophies from many; Quality vs. Quantity? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I have noticed a major objective for gamers on this site is getting difficult trophies that give little, just to ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Completing a game, or Getting easy trophies from many; Quality vs. Quantity?

I have noticed a major objective for gamers on this site is getting difficult trophies that give little, just to complete a game. I think that in this way a bronze trophy that completes a game can mean more than a silver or gold trophy from a random game. So, my question is, do you value completing a game with time-consuming and not-worth-it trophies way above getting easy yet higher value trophies from a bunch of other games? Share your thoughts, guys.

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

I prefer quality trophies, thought it's all subjective really about what constitutes quality. For me, it feels more satisfying after accomplishing something hard or time consuming trophy-wise, even if the rewards gained are disproportional.

It sometimes just makes me feel dirty just getting some easy trophies, but it varies from person to person I suppose

edit: not trying to sound elitist, I like to get trophies regardless, just that easy ones makes me feel spoilt at times
    Last edited by Aipher; 01-29-2012 at 08:49 AM.

PRO Member

I do think it varies from person to person. I think harder trophies are more rewarding and you feel like you have accomplished something. On the other hand I don't mind playing an easy game for some easy trophies also. I like collecting trophies in general. Easy or hard.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Lvl 9 - Gold

As long as what you do in the game is rewarded with a little trophy Im happy.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'll definitely go for quality, although it shouldn't be too much outside of the regular gameplay.
    With this I mean a trophy like; having to drive 1000 miles for a trophy while completing the story gives 100 miles if you already drive a lot.
    Or playing 500 matches with your virtual pro.
    That just seems a bit much to me and is more useless time consuming instead of challenging.
    When I started Fifa 11 the first several trophies were just WAY to easy, I'd rather have challenging ones instead of those.
    Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.

Local Drunk

Quality definitely, easy trophies are a bit boring.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 4 - Silver

I'm quite sure this has already been posted, maybe on the older version of the site.
    Btw, quality FTW

Retired

Quality over quantity. I plat games simply for the feeling of completion. I don't like NOT completing a game.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quality of course, easy trophies are worth nothing for me
    -Feel free to add me on PSN (Kami_Gunn). Don't leave a blank message .

Lvl 6 - Silver

a bit of both, i enjoy collecting loads of trophies but at the end of the day i still want all the trophies i can manage to do in a game.

The One and Only

Quality over quantity, though I would wish both would have a very nice balance. I could play a game with awesome quality for a long time, but a game lacking quality and has a large quantity of trophies would be abandoned after all trophies or is obtained.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quality. I only go for trophies on games I truly enjoy.

PRO Member

Mainly I tend to play games I either really like, or ones that my fiancee has bought and happen to be in the house (starting with the former, filled in by the latter when I'm bored) If they have easy/difficult trophies really doesn't enter into the equation until I start collecting the trophies (and setting my completion goals for the game)
    While I have some easy trophy games (frogger, Sonic Genesis collection) some of the games I have are pretty rough to get all the trophies on (Diner Dash and Dragonball Raging Blast) Mostly though the games I play are RPGs so a lot of my trophies are more time consuming than anything and therefore gives me a greater sense of accomplishment when I've ground out the requirements to get that little icon to pop up in the upper right corner of my screen

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

i like to buy games that i know im going to like. with that said i will that game regardless of difficulty

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 4 - Silver

quality of course

platbar and sig by wadefan1

Regional Manager of War

I try to mix it up on quality, quantity, and just playing for fun.

Legend...Nuff Said

Quantity because quality is subjective less than 1% of the people on the leader boards are really going to look at what trophies you've got. They will just see the number and nod, unless your at the top of the boards.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Chuck Norris Approved.

Guess it changes with kids, my niece was hanna montna all the way. So she played it and I just finished what trophies she didn't unlock. I couldn't give two shits if anyone thinks my plats are weak. Get over yourselves just makes you look like a titty babby when people piss and moan about kiddie game or easy platinums. If my niece and nephew want to play then they do and if I feel like it I finish the game. This may be blunt and rude, but get the fuck over the weak vs trophy bitching. Guess what, your trophy card won't get you laid won't get you a good job. Lesson of the day, worry about yourself and stop getting into other peoples personal choice of games. This whole my virtual dick is bigger then yours only proves the ones who focus on this issue are lacking in real life and grasping for anything to make them feel "cool" ok rant is over just so fucking sick of seeing this type of topic beating like a dead horse.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Gotham's Reckoning

Quote Originally Posted by Undrey View Post
    Quality over quantity. I plat games simply for the feeling of completion. I don't like NOT completing a game.
    That is exactly the same with me. I can't stand seeing a blank trophy icon in my collection so I have to get it no matter how long it takes otherwise I don't consider it to be completed.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Death to zombies!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cryogenicide_X View Post
    I have noticed a major objective for gamers on this site is getting difficult trophies that give little, just to complete a game. I think that in this way a bronze trophy that completes a game can mean more than a silver or gold trophy from a random game. So, my question is, do you value completing a game with time-consuming and not-worth-it trophies way above getting easy yet higher value trophies from a bunch of other games? Share your thoughts, guys.
    I think it is more based on what sort of games you like, yeah a plat may be easy and take 100+hrs but if you get bored after 30hrs why bother? Play what you like, you dont make the trophies

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast