Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Games That Are Now Unplatable!

This is a discussion on Games That Are Now Unplatable! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by dr_mayus Unless you buy the game late. Now I am not saying they should keep the servers ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Unless you buy the game late. Now I am not saying they should keep the servers open forever, but if this is their practice then they shouldn't have online trophies, or at least not make them count for the plat.

yep i agree with that, online trophies need to go to sumthing else or not at all, if i want to get a plat in 10 years time i shld be able too, trophies, are part of games selling point today, and even says "trophies" on the back of alot of games, so not being able to get trophies that were sold to me to get, in my mind is a blatent rip off, as goes the same for companies that refuse to fix ther glitched trophies , (curse u thq homefront)

Hardcore!!!

I usually like to get the 08 and 09 games (well the ones without trophies) because I can play them on the PS3 without worrying about the trophies. The Mercenaries 2 trophy patch is freaking smart and all the game companies should freaking do it (yet those who played online should also be compensated since those who didn't get the online trophy should've gotten the trophy as well)

Signature and Avatar done by apokolypz
    !~General Boosting and Blank General Friend Requests will be deleted. PERIOD.~!

Lvl 4 - Silver

These games should be illegal and penalized.
    Stupid companies that put online trophies knowing they are going to take out the multiplayer at some point.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I was a bit pissed because i bought LOTR Conquest,looking forward to getting and then i found out the servers had shut for it.I mean,i wasnt to know but it didnt really matter anyway as it cost me 3 off of ebay .but why are they mostly sports games,i know some are a couple of years old and what not but like nemec8 says,if you feel like getting a in 10 years time,i think you should be able too.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Change is mediocre

You should include why all of them are unobtainable, instead of just a few. That is an embarrassingly long list though.

PRO Member

I agree with nemec8 and john3007, if I buy a game and play it years down the line I'd be pissed if I could never complete the game 100% because of some gimmick that the company uses to boost sales around release (Online trophies and the fear that they won't be around for long) If game companies write the DLC into the disc, how hard would it be to include a bot program where multiplayer is available after the servers go down through a short and simple "activation patch" whereupon once the servers are closed, the bot program activates, allowing for people to still get the trophies. That or private server hosting in the case of boosting trophies. If the code is on the disc, it would be almost no additional effort on the part of the company to include such a contingency, but then again maybe these companies fear that people would just wait for price reductions to purchase games. The allmighty $$ afterall dictates what they do, as well as their hopes and fears. So perhaps a DLC although that would be as much a slap in the face of gamers who purchased their title (if not more so) as being locked out of obtaining the trophies at all.

Legend...Nuff Said

What can be worse though is not the server shutting down, but that you get a game and the multiplayer requires more than two people to get it started. Front Mission: Evolved is beyond stupid with its minimum of 4 players to play online...online that counts towards the trophy that is. If no one is playing the game then its the same effect as not having a server anymore.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    What can be worse though is not the server shutting down, but that you get a game and the multiplayer requires more than two people to get it started. Front Mission: Evolved is beyond stupid with its minimum of 4 players to play online...online that counts towards the trophy that is. If no one is playing the game then its the same effect as not having a server anymore.
    Following that logic, then RF:G, Riddick, Far Cry 2 and FEAR 2 wouldn't be plattable, yet there are still some people getting the plat because they organize boosting sessions. Just because the online is dead it doesn't mean you can't find people to play with just to get the plat.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Following that logic, then RF:G, Riddick, Far Cry 2 and FEAR 2 wouldn't be plattable, yet there are still some people getting the plat because they organize boosting sessions. Just because the online is dead it doesn't mean you can't find people to play with just to get the plat.
    I didn't say it was unplattable. I was just continuing with Trunksu25's train of thought.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Kiwi Defender

I didn't say it was unplattable. I was just continuing with Trunksu25's train of thought.
    Hard to realize when you don't quote him.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

That's why i don't buy Sports games, at least should not include trophies online

PRO Member

I hear that Diner Dash, isn't a game with a plat, but one I made the mistake of playing (fiancee bought it for herself, when we first got our PS3), organizing a boosting session was the only way to go about getting 100%, but that still took a few months to get 4 people (with 2 controllers apiece) together for the 5 hour mind numbing grind to that silver trophy "Workin Nine to Five" technically I think the expectation for earning the trophy (if the online wasn't already as good as dead) was to have 8 players total, luckily one can team up with themselves using the second controller which certainly helps in that very hard to 100% PSN title.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

so is red faction guerrilla still plattable does anyone know?? i was ganna clean this game up but i havent played it in years i have a heap of friends that r ganna help me with the online trophys but iam not ganna even put it back in my ps3 if the severs r down,thanks

Lvl 3 - Bronze

played it a cpla mnths bak an they wer stil good

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by nemec8 View Post
    played it a cpla mnths bak an they wer stil good
    ok thanks heaps 4 that

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I think it would be safe to assume you could add Rock Band 3 to this list. Since the pro-guitar is no longer in production, if you don't have one, you're never gonna platinum this game.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    so is red faction guerrilla still plattable does anyone know?? i was ganna clean this game up but i havent played it in years i have a heap of friends that r ganna help me with the online trophys but iam not ganna even put it back in my ps3 if the severs r down,thanks
    Yes, it's still plattable.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 5 - Silver

LOL! Pretty much a junkload of sports games! That i dont play or intend to so im good! But why is Tom Clancy unplatable?

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by tai363 View Post
    LOL! Pretty much a junkload of sports games! That i dont play or intend to so im good! But why is Tom Clancy unplatable?
    Some of the online trophies dont unlock.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Fight night round 4 and champion (not sure about champion but FNR4 is unplatable since it's too late to be #1 in three different weight classes)
    -Feel free to add me on PSN (Kami_Gunn). Don't leave a blank message .

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast