Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Games That Are Now Unplatable!

This is a discussion on Games That Are Now Unplatable! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; It seems the Def Jam Rapstar and PES 2010 servers are closed. Originally Posted by Shap1r0 Seriously, within 2 years ...

Kiwi Defender

It seems the Def Jam Rapstar and PES 2010 servers are closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shap1r0 View Post
    Seriously, within 2 years of release?
    Damn, it's getting shorter and shorter with online servers.
    And I thought EA was bad (well, I still think they are)
    Yeah, it seems that sport games servers get closed after 2 years (3 in some rare cases), so if you are going for a plat in a sport game, make sure you get the online done first or at least as fast as possible.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 6 - Silver

so basically any old sports game is unplatable i guess that is logic enough i mean that's because there is a new version with the recent updates !!

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by BEAMER231 View Post
    Yes you should get the trophy. On some days i couldn't connect to the server. If you do get the game i advise you to get all the online trophies first. Also you'll probably need to find a boosting partner to get some of the online trophies.

Thanks for the information Beamer.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Lvl 4 - Silver

UPDATE

Added the banner.

Lvl 4 - Silver

UPDATE

Added Def Jam Rapstar and Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 to the list.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by kingway56 View Post
    you know what would be a great idea. if the companys put out an anoncement like "for all gamers who have lord of the rings conquest, we will be holding a special event and open up the servers for the week of .... " and have it coincide with some special event like all madden games would be open during super bowl week or lord of the rings during the week before the hobbit premieres something like that. i know i would jump on and try to get those lost plats. i currently have two that i have no chance of getting.
    Thats a good idea

Lvl 4 - Silver

UPDATE

Added MLB 11 The Show to the list and added TheScott75 to the Credits section.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    It seems the Def Jam Rapstar and PES 2010 servers are closed.

Yeah, it seems that sport games servers get closed after 2 years (3 in some rare cases), so if you are going for a plat in a sport game, make sure you get the online done first or at least as fast as possible.
    It's 2 years if you're lucky. Sony turns off the MLB: The Show servers after 1 year. 2K turns off the MLB 2K servers after baseball season is done (7-8 months of online play).

But what we're seeing now is that beyond the short server time, we're seeing time and date based trophies that make the platinum window even shorter. I mentioned that MLB 11 is unplattable because the Challenge Of The Week portion of the game was done. Well, that ended in October, so the plat window for that game was 7 1/2 months.

MLB 2K 2011 was even worse. They had a trophy in the game this year that required you to have and play the game on July 12th, 2011. You had to play the All-Star game on that day in MLB Today mode. You couldn't reset your PS3s clock to that day, this mode used an online based schedule timed to the actual MLB schedule. So if you missed that one game on that one day, you lost any chance to get the platinum in that game. If you bought the game on July 13 or later, no platinum for you.

So not only do we have to deal with closing servers, we have to deal with these crap trophies that have an expiration date on them.

Legend...Nuff Said

Anyone know if UFC Undisputed 2009 and 2010 still have the servers up?

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Good list, i'm sure there are more yet. If your a plat buff playing sports games is probably not the best idea as most of the trophies are ridic to get and they take quite awhile to get.

Lvl 6 - Silver

yea thats ridiculous but I guess if you buy new games it would be funner that way... Just not for us stragglers..
    @ servers shutting down

Lvl 1 - Bronze

So basically just EA games...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Good luck getting Red Dead's and that Fight Night.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by JTRaines92 View Post
    But those aren't Unplattable. Those would just be considered difficult. This is a list of games you're actually not able to receive plat in, any longer.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Have you seen this Twisted Metal plat.. geez

Lvl 1 - Bronze

personally any game with online trophies is unplatable cuz I have the bad luck of coming up against a lot of complete nolifers, and in Fifa if I am in front with like 3-0 or so, they always leave the match.

Gotham's Reckoning

Quote Originally Posted by JTRaines92 View Post
    Don't know about Fight Night but the online trophies Red Dead aren't that hard to do, they are just time consuming.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

The only sane person here

You know these games could have followed by what Viseral Games (Dead Space) did, put all the trophies in single-player and no multi-player trophies.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by TheScott75 View Post
    It's 2 years if you're lucky. Sony turns off the MLB: The Show servers after 1 year. 2K turns off the MLB 2K servers after baseball season is done (7-8 months of online play).

But what we're seeing now is that beyond the short server time, we're seeing time and date based trophies that make the platinum window even shorter. I mentioned that MLB 11 is unplattable because the Challenge Of The Week portion of the game was done. Well, that ended in October, so the plat window for that game was 7 1/2 months.

MLB 2K 2011 was even worse. They had a trophy in the game this year that required you to have and play the game on July 12th, 2011. You had to play the All-Star game on that day in MLB Today mode. You couldn't reset your PS3s clock to that day, this mode used an online based schedule timed to the actual MLB schedule. So if you missed that one game on that one day, you lost any chance to get the platinum in that game. If you bought the game on July 13 or later, no platinum for you.

So not only do we have to deal with closing servers, we have to deal with these crap trophies that have an expiration date on them.
    Lol, basing a trophy (and thus a platinum) on a single day is ridiculous, gives a whole new meaning to the difficulty of getting a plat.
    Seriously though, why would they even do that?
    To me it doesn't seem to have a use, not that it matters to me since i'm pretty much done with sportsgames and getting them platinum but it doesn't make any sense.
    Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

yay i've only got fifa 09 and 10 and i don't care about them

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast