Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Games That Are Now Unplatable!

This is a discussion on Games That Are Now Unplatable! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by gamelord-2007 Don't know about Fight Night but the online trophies Red Dead aren't that hard to do, ...

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by gamelord-2007 View Post
    Don't know about Fight Night but the online trophies Red Dead aren't that hard to do, they are just time consuming.
    Fight Night plat is incredibly hard due to you needing to get the Championship Belts, which the owners retain and don't give away (they quit when they are losing if I'm correct). Sometimes, they are convinced to let go of the belts for a while in order for some people to get the trophies, but it's not very often.

Quote Originally Posted by TheScott75 View Post
    It's 2 years if you're lucky. Sony turns off the MLB: The Show servers after 1 year. 2K turns off the MLB 2K servers after baseball season is done (7-8 months of online play).

But what we're seeing now is that beyond the short server time, we're seeing time and date based trophies that make the platinum window even shorter. I mentioned that MLB 11 is unplattable because the Challenge Of The Week portion of the game was done. Well, that ended in October, so the plat window for that game was 7 1/2 months.

MLB 2K 2011 was even worse. They had a trophy in the game this year that required you to have and play the game on July 12th, 2011. You had to play the All-Star game on that day in MLB Today mode. You couldn't reset your PS3s clock to that day, this mode used an online based schedule timed to the actual MLB schedule. So if you missed that one game on that one day, you lost any chance to get the platinum in that game. If you bought the game on July 13 or later, no platinum for you.

So not only do we have to deal with closing servers, we have to deal with these crap trophies that have an expiration date on them.
    Wow, those Baseball games are some of the hardest plats ever then, since you need to get the online done in less than a year .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I can understand about the sports-games, although 1 year is pretty short. All other games should have a running server for at least 5 years.
    They should make a law for that...

Resident PHD

EA Sports Active 2 and Create are now both unplattable.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by TheScott75 View Post
    It's 2 years if you're lucky. Sony turns off the MLB: The Show servers after 1 year. 2K turns off the MLB 2K servers after baseball season is done (7-8 months of online play).

But what we're seeing now is that beyond the short server time, we're seeing time and date based trophies that make the platinum window even shorter. I mentioned that MLB 11 is unplattable because the Challenge Of The Week portion of the game was done. Well, that ended in October, so the plat window for that game was 7 1/2 months.

MLB 2K 2011 was even worse. They had a trophy in the game this year that required you to have and play the game on July 12th, 2011. You had to play the All-Star game on that day in MLB Today mode. You couldn't reset your PS3s clock to that day, this mode used an online based schedule timed to the actual MLB schedule. So if you missed that one game on that one day, you lost any chance to get the platinum in that game. If you bought the game on July 13 or later, no platinum for you.

So not only do we have to deal with closing servers, we have to deal with these crap trophies that have an expiration date on them.
    What's the point in online trophies if it's going to be deemed unobtainable from closed servers or an expiration date?

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

I heard somewhere that Little Big Planet 2 is unplattable because of the scoreboards being taken down or something. This was a while ago mind you...does anyone have any definitive word on the LBP2 plat?
    Steaming pile of helpful tips

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by 10000 Days View Post
    I heard somewhere that Little Big Planet 2 is unplattable because of the scoreboards being taken down or something. This was a while ago mind you...does anyone have any definitive word on the LBP2 plat?
    The leaderboards were under maintenance from June to October last year, they're fine now. LBP2 is still plattable.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by 10000 Days View Post
    It was true, but then they reset or fixed the leaderboards (one of those, not sure which one though ).

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Sweet thanx
    Steaming pile of helpful tips

The Last of my Kind

SBKX is unplattable for the EU region, as the patch still haven't been released, and it's been 2 and a bit years...

The US version got patched earlier last year.

Thanks to LuckayCanadianShulckayMooseackey for this Signature & Elite Guild Bar. Thanks to RaveNScythE18 & Smashguy for the PPS userbar.

Banned

Stupid sports games.

PRO Member

I can add Alien Breed Impact it seems the online r down

Retired

EA Sports Active 2 the servers are down

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    Stupid sports games.
    Yeah i noticed the list is full of sports games.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Missing a bunch of titles:

Create (server is down)
    Def Jam Rap Star
    Ea sports active 2.0
    Ea sports MMA
    Hasbro family game night
    Hunter's trophy (glitched)
    Moto GP 09/10
    Moto GP 10/11
    Pure footbal
    tiger woods 10
    tiger woods 11
    Eye of judgment (DLC not available)

THere are more, but they are sports, which no one cares about anyway

Lvl 1 - Bronze

There's an alternate way to get the online trophy for the hasbro family game night?
    does anyone contact EA and get answers?

Lvl 9 - Gold

this game doesnt support the trophy feature, but i saw servers for MLB 2K9 and 2K10 were offline, and was wondering if MLB 2K8 servers were offline.

Lvl 9 - Gold

sports games, besides the fact that they release one every year for every sport, are still fun. you could play as the CWS vs the NYY in MLB 2K9 1100 times and you most likely wont get the same box score or play by play. i still enjoy em, and even for sports games they should keep the servers on at least for 3+ years. or why bother taking em down. to me, if i wanted to buy NBA 2009 or something, but the servers were down and the platinum unobtainable, im not buying that game. its a total marketing flop.
    Last edited by jaws-ate; 07-13-2012 at 10:00 PM. Reason: misspellings

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quite alot of sportsgames. I only have FIFA 10 that is now unplattable...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Brutal Legend too, I think...
    Platinums : Assassin's Creed II - Batman: Arkham Asylum - Batman: Arkham City - Dante's Inferno - Darksiders I - Dead Space - God Of War I - God Of War II - God Of War III - God Of War: Ascension - God Of War: Chains Of Olympus - God Of War: Ghost Of Sparta - Heavy Rain - inFamous - Mass Effect 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed I - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Uncharted II: Among Thieves

Lvl 6 - Silver

I think u need to write for nailed it still attainable as to get the glitched trophy i read u need to win on all tracks, which includes all dlc tracks to and for mercenaries 2 people who played online before the patch i have heard can get the trophies but they have to do a lot of stuff

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast