Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Having a Hard Time Sticking to Games

This is a discussion on Having a Hard Time Sticking to Games within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Just felt like I needed to to blab about this problem lol and to see if anyone else suffers from ...

PRO Member

Having a Hard Time Sticking to Games

Just felt like I needed to to blab about this problem lol and to see if anyone else suffers from it. For a while now I've been going through a phase where I see so many games I want, and i'd buy them. Problem is, I will start playing them, and literally play for a fews hours and just stop. I have like at LEAST 5 games that i've purchased that i havn't even touched yet.. It's frusturating, and I think a big part of it goes to the trophy aspect of it. I feel like im almost buying games now just for trophies. I can't commit to a game anymore! The games I seem to commit to are like multiplayer games now a days.. Lol anyways, anyone else have this sort of problem?

Local Drunk

Yeah I had this problem just before Christmas (it had nothing to do with trophies though) but since buying & playing Mafia 2 I've gotten over it.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Banned

Just ride the wave... I did the same thing a while back and have games still in the wrappers ... then I got back to playing games I really wanted to... and I still want to get Prison Break whether it sucks or not because I enjoyed the tv show ... I played a shit-load of Black Ops MP last year and got tired of the COD franchise for now so I'm somewhere in between your dilemma...

... once the hunting becomes work to you, step back and take a break... keep playing the multi-player games and when you get tired of that your trophy games will be there waiting for you...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR View Post
    Just ride the wave... I did the same thing a while back and have games still in the wrappers ... then I got back to playing games I really wanted to... and I still want to get Prison Break whether it sucks or not because I enjoyed the tv show ... I played a shit-load of Black Ops MP last year and got tired of the COD franchise for now so I'm somewhere in between your dilemma...

... once the hunting becomes work to you, step back and take a break... keep playing the multi-player games and when you get tired of that your trophy games will be there waiting for you...
    Thats actually really good advice wow thanks lol yeah i was the same with Black Ops last year. To socle that problem i forced myself to trade it in lol kinda regreting that

Chuck Norris Approved.

Same here, after I got the platinum for Skyrim I have been this way. I guess I burned myself out playing Skyrim night and day. I have only had my PS3 on for maybe a total of 4 hours in the last 2 to 3 weeks.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Level 5 Esper

I have a similar problem like yours except I don't have a backlog of games to play ~ right now I REALLY want to just go to future shop and buy FFXIII-2 CE, but then I try to think of it from an economical point of view ~ I just got BF3 for christmas and I have the vita pre-ordered for 2/15 AND I only touch my ps3 on weekends (dam you living on campus ) so really I wouldn't have a lot of time to play it anyways ~ this is sort of me convincing myself to let the price drop first (since it probably will for an offline single-player rpg)
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

Click-Click-Kaboom

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyMetalman View Post
    Just felt like I needed to to blab about this problem lol and to see if anyone else suffers from it. For a while now I've been going through a phase where I see so many games I want, and i'd buy them. Problem is, I will start playing them, and literally play for a fews hours and just stop. I have like at LEAST 5 games that i've purchased that i havn't even touched yet.. It's frusturating, and I think a big part of it goes to the trophy aspect of it. I feel like im almost buying games now just for trophies. I can't commit to a game anymore! The games I seem to commit to are like multiplayer games now a days.. Lol anyways, anyone else have this sort of problem?
    OMG I'm right here with you!!! I get bored real fast with games cause of my ADD (Attention Deficit Order).

PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il

Lvl 9 - Gold

I think the problem is you get game you donīt like, try getting something you want to play and not want to plat.....
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

My hardest time would be sticking to CoD series. I haven't beaten the Sp Black Ops nor MW3. i've been more focusing REAl military work and trying to get plat. both ME2 & AC:Brotherhood ( boosting the last 2 trophies)

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frost425 View Post
    I have a similar problem like yours except I don't have a backlog of games to play ~ right now I REALLY want to just go to future shop and buy FFXIII-2 CE, but then I try to think of it from an economical point of view ~ I just got BF3 for christmas and I have the vita pre-ordered for 2/15 AND I only touch my ps3 on weekends (dam you living on campus ) so really I wouldn't have a lot of time to play it anyways ~ this is sort of me convincing myself to let the price drop first (since it probably will for an offline single-player rpg)
    Hey i work at Future Shop! ! hahah i have the vita pre-ordered for february 15th as well, that im very excited for and i know ill play lol

Lvl 3 - Bronze

My brother is the worst at this. So many of his games are at 0% trophy completion, yet he keeps buying them. Then he has the nerve to call and ask me what new release games look good. He's not exactly rolling in cash. I can't even fathom that people can pay full price for games they never open.

The only advice I can give is to limit your spending. NEVER make purchases by looking at the trophies. That can send you on a very dark path, a path you might be on now.

Try to focus on just one game that's coming out in the next month or so and get yourself hyped for it. Sell your old ones.

Hey, feel free to add me (Coconutz) on PSN!

The Last of Us

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyMetalman View Post
    I have this exact problem. Get bored of games and play online on CoD or something similar.
    As you can probably tell by my trophy card I have gamer A.D.D. I have almost as many trophies as you and not even a third of the plats.

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I got 99 games in my collection and 7 plats you do the math. If you were to make a film about this, it would be starring me, directed by me, based on an autobiography of me and executive produced by me. Pretty sure last week my ps3 called me a whore.

The Last of Us

Quote Originally Posted by crazyoldjay View Post
    I got 99 games in my collection and 7 plats you do the math. If you were to make a film about this, it would be starring me, directed by me, based on an autobiography of me and executive produced by me. Pretty sure last week my ps3 called me a whore.
    My Ps3 always speaks to me...

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

Me & Ming @ The Stash

That is good advice. I've gotten burned out on Hyperdemsion Neptunia, so I put in MW3 for some MP for today

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crazyoldjay View Post
    Would you stop part way through this movie and start another?

PRO Member

I ve just short of ninety games in my collection, I realized awhile back there is no way in hell im gonna plat them all so I dont know what to do lol

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Would you stop part way through this movie and start another?
    I just might, if the mood struck me. I only play what i feel like pla... OH SQUIRRREL!! ahh now where were we?

Regional Manager of War

I buy and rent games, I usually rent first to see how it is and when the price drops to $30-45 new than I usually buy it. Depending on the backlog of games I have I wait for another price drop because it makes no sense to buy a game and let it sit there for months, a mistake I have done to much. As for focusing on one game at a time I mostly play games I really enjoy and once in a while I may sneak a game in there to increase my trophy level.

PRO Member

Im glad im not the only one lol
    At the moment im ranking up in MW3, and im gonna stick to that for a while.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast