Whats the appeal of Twisted Metal?

This is a discussion on Whats the appeal of Twisted Metal? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey guys, so i've been looking forward to the new twisted metal, mainly because i love ps3 exclusives. I've never ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Whats the appeal of Twisted Metal?

Hey guys, so i've been looking forward to the new twisted metal, mainly because i love ps3 exclusives. I've never played any twisted metal game before, and I know next to nothing about the series, but i've heard it was really good and i wanted to give it a try, so I downloaded the demo. From what I played I wasn't really impressed like I thought I would be, but I think a large part of that was that I really had no idea what was going on. Basically i'm asking what this game is all about and what it is that makes it such a great game like everyone is saying, is it like violent mario kart on drugs sony style, and is it good in terms of competitive online multiplayer? thanks
    Last edited by Orange-Vision; 02-02-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Change is mediocre

Basically, it is a killing game with cars. The plots to the games are a competition and whoever is the last man standing gets a wish. I have yet to play the demo, so I can't say I have had anything match-making wise happen to me, but I would assume it wouldn't be great as it is just a demo.