PS3 Game Saves not working

This is a discussion on PS3 Game Saves not working within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; well im not sure if this is supposed to be going here but here goes anyway... a while ago i ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

PS3 Game Saves not working

well im not sure if this is supposed to be going here but here goes anyway...

a while ago i bought a copy of God of War Collections and finished both but didnt get the platinums on them and traded the game in.

i recently borrowed my friends copy of the game thinking i can go for the last few trophies but when i put on the game it did not pick up my previous game saves which would mean i need to start the games again.

Does anyone know if games saves are unique to the game disc you originally play with? or how to load up you previous game data so that the game recognises the existing data on the system.

if i go into my save games on the playstation i can see the files for both GOW 1 & 2.

Any help will be much appreciated!!

Regional Manager of War

Yes they are because I remember 2 years ago I somehow missed kissing the Nyad trophy for GOW 1 and I copied my brothers save because he was right before that part. When I started the game it told me "This is not your save data, you will be unable to unlock trophies". So yea you need to replay them if you lost your saves.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

but the thing is i didnt lose my saves. i didint even get the message you got. the game just plain down doesnt recognise the existing save data and i am using the same profile as the last time as well.

Regional Manager of War

Okay that doesn't sound good at all and I can't shed any light on this because I never experienced this so all I can recommend is explaining your situation to Sony or backup all your saves on a flash drive, synch your trophies, delete the profile, and remake it again. I personally wouldn't do step 2 unless its a last resort.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Do you have any other games in common with your friend? Try borrowing another game and see if that one works with one of your original saves

Currently Playing-- Eternal Sonata (PS3), Majora's Mask (N64), Bowser's Inside Story (DS), Darksiders (PS3), Maken X (DC)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    Okay that doesn't sound good at all and I can't shed any light on this because I never experienced this so all I can recommend is explaining your situation to Sony or backup all your saves on a flash drive, synch your trophies, delete the profile, and remake it again. I personally wouldn't do step 2 unless its a last resort.
    yip think im going to check with sony on this one. hopefully though someone can answer my question here

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Vorfied View Post
    Do you have any other games in common with your friend? Try borrowing another game and see if that one works with one of your original saves
    plan to do this since was discussing it with some other friends today though i gotta wait till after the weekend to try. this sucks since i prob cud have got the plats for both games before this time

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by thesh09 View Post
    i recently borrowed my friends copy of the game thinking i can go for the last few trophies but when i put on the game it did not pick up my previous game saves which would mean i need to start the games again.

Does anyone know if games saves are unique to the game disc you originally play with? or how to load up you previous game data so that the game recognises the existing data on the system.

Any help will be much appreciated!!
    Saves are not unique to the game disc, but they differ if the game is from another region.
    I have an european Uncharted 2, if I borrow my friend's US Uncharted 2, my euro save will not load.

On the side of the box usually have a region code, see if it is ULES (euro) or ULUS (US)...

illegal in 9 countries

As above, disc region.

Get the same disc region as your save game and you'll be fine.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by lukas222 View Post
    Really?
    Yes however, there is still a restriction to the PSN account the save data belongs to.