Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

What Game Took the Most Time Out of Your Life

This is a discussion on What Game Took the Most Time Out of Your Life within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Probably the Uncharted games. I forget how many times I have played through both of them. From earlier than PS3 ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Probably the Uncharted games. I forget how many times I have played through both of them.
    From earlier than PS3 I would probably say Sensible Soccer or Footie Management games.

The Temple of the King

If you can count multiple games, than the Street Fighter series took the cake. I nearly failed out of college because of it. If it's one game- probably Smash Bros. Mele.

Recently, I have no idea. Probably Dragon Age: Origin right now, although it's probably going to be FF13 soon because of that damn treasure hunter trophy.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well I played an MMO called Tibia (hate that game) from 2006 to 2010 so those were a couple thousand hours in there.
    And PS3 I think Demon's Souls, I made like 15 different characters and most of them had over 40 hours in them
    Surgeon Of Death

Lvl 6 - Silver

Well any CoD game obviously. I've registered over 500 hours for Black Ops already (and that's just multiplayer) and that's the most recent CoD game to be released, guess how much hours I've clocked for the older CoD games? Exactly. A LOT.
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it

PRO Member

Im loving all the responces im getting..And I know why almost all of you have Posted PS3 games...

But I know there are some classic games that took eons to finally say im done....

Chrono Trigger..
    Parasite Evil..
    Legend Of Dragoon..
    Xenogear..
    Breath of Fire..
    Saga Frontier..

Where are my 80's baby at..
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Resident PHD

Secret of Mana, FF6 and Goldeneye.

The amount of time me and my friends spent playing those 3 games is amazing. I powered all 14 characters in FF6 to level 99 on four different occasions.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Secret of Mana, FF6 and Goldeneye.

The amount of time me and my friends spent playing those 3 games is amazing. I powered all 14 characters in FF6 to level 99 on four different occasions.
    I would have added Goldeneye, But the Org. was for 64, and where on a PS3 site...Nd, you see why...lol
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Notorious K.I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckes13 View Post
    Im loving all the responces im getting..And I know why almost all of you have Posted PS3 games...

But I know there are some classic games that took eons to finally say im done....

Chrono Trigger..
    Parasite Evil..
    Legend Of Dragoon..
    Xenogear..
    Breath of Fire..
    Saga Frontier..

Where are my 80's baby at..
    You forgot Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy Tactics. And yes I invested days into the games you mentioned.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Lvl 5 - Silver

I spent over 250 hours unlocking everything on both Naruto Ultimate Ninja and Disgaea 2 haha.

Working On:
    "Fallout: New Vegas [Ultimate Edition]" - 59%,
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,
    "Dead Storm Pirates" - 52% (3/5 S Rank)

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by kid420247 View Post
    You forgot Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy Tactics. And yes I invested days into the games you mentioned.
    Sorry, didnt want to fill the list with Square Soft game ( YES, SquareSoft to all you out there, Not SquareEnix)...
    Could have add
    the Suikoden Series..Einhander..etc
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I put about 200 hours each on Disgaea and Disgaea 2.

The biggest time eater has been the Monster Hunter series. From MHF2, MHFU, MHTRI, and MHP3rd I've sunk well over 2500 hours into this series. Need more MH in the US!!

Ghost Assassin

Fallout 3
    Fallout New Vegas is already at 26hrs in about 5 days.
    Modern Warfare 2
    GT5
    Infamous (Darn Blast Shards)
    Borderlands

Lvl 8 - Gold

bad company 2,hundreds of hours in that game.

Mista J

right now for me seems like LBP is taking foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! i want to be done with it lol.

Awesome Sig by:Beam|Aka bar by:Athena
    Gifts From Friends:
    Alison | Beam & Kid | TG09

Check out the shop- Deja View Sigs

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Pre-PS3: Gran Turismo 4 was a solid 1000 hours to complete. Guitar Hero 2 & 3 also took a good 500 hours away from my college experience.

Pre-Trophy Hunting: World at War took around 1000 hours to rack up over 100,000 kills, max level, and all challenges completed on final prestige. I also played around 3-400 hours of Skate 2, which ended up being my first platinum.

Trophy Hunting: Gran Turismo 5 has been around 400 hours so far and I expect another 100-150 before I'm finished. Bad Company 1 took around 300 hours to plat and MAG took about 250.
    Best Plats: Bad Company 1, Gran Turismo 5, MAG, Racquet Sports, Sports Champions, and Wipeout HD
    Best PSN 100%'s: Hustle Kings, Landit Bandit, and Scene It: Movie Night

Lvl 7 - Gold

pokemon and it always will
    i quit pokemon though but it will always hold most ever playtime for me
    every game i have from pokemon have over 500 hours gametime
    with the highest sitting on 840 hours

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Cross Edge for sure. I thought I'd never finish that.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Imma have to say CoD 4 . I still think that's the best CoD game ever. Its gonna remain like that as well.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Uncharted Drakes fortune
    I got the game when it came out with no trophies. I played it on hard and then on crushing. I traded in the game
    then it comes out with trophies! i`ll play it again, this time on normal just for the trophies and to play it again.
    Then again on hard. now I have all the trophies except Crushing. My disc gets lost, (my cousin borrowed it an i never saw it again)
    a year or 2 later (now) I get the box set with 1 and 2, great now ill finish both.
    I lost my save??? I now have to play again Hard and then Crushing. oh well its been a while, im game
    I play on hard and start my Crushing run. Same cousin as mentioned earlier, lets call him dummymam, (yes mam) says come over we`ll finish it together.
    I show up at his house his internet is down, oh well who cares were playing Uncharted.
    I start playing for a bit and have to go. i go home and finish my run on Crushing. NO TROPHY?!?!?!
    I find online that my save got corrupted. F&CK! illh ave to do it again or at least from the earlier save. I go to the save I have from chapter 5 and finish Crushing again. STILL NO F&CKING TROPHY! Now i have to play it again from the start on Crushing.
    STILL NO FU&KING TROPHY!
    Now I have to play on hard and then again on Crushing........
    NOW, I have the trophy and the Platinum

now I just need the treasures on part 2 for the plat and the multiplayer ones.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy72 View Post
    Uncharted Drakes fortune
    I got the game when it came out with no trophies. I played it on hard and then on crushing. I traded in the game
    then it comes out with trophies! i`ll play it again, this time on normal just for the trophies and to play it again.
    Then again on hard. now I have all the trophies except Crushing. My disc gets lost, (my cousin borrowed it an i never saw it again)
    a year or 2 later (now) I get the box set with 1 and 2, great now ill finish both.
    I lost my save??? I now have to play again Hard and then Crushing. oh well its been a while, im game
    I play on hard and start my Crushing run. Same cousin as mentioned earlier, lets call him dummymam, (yes mam) says come over we`ll finish it together.
    I show up at his house his internet is down, oh well who cares were playing Uncharted.
    I start playing for a bit and have to go. i go home and finish my run on Crushing. NO TROPHY?!?!?!
    I find online that my save got corrupted. F&CK! illh ave to do it again or at least from the earlier save. I go to the save I have from chapter 5 and finish Crushing again. STILL NO F&CKING TROPHY! Now i have to play it again from the start on Crushing.
    STILL NO FU&KING TROPHY!
    Now I have to play on hard and then again on Crushing........
    NOW, I have the trophy and the Platinum

now I just need the treasures on part 2 for the plat and the multiplayer ones.
    Thats a dedicated dude, lol...I feel your pain...
    Similar thing happened to with Final Fantasy XIII, where i played through the frist time, just to enjoy the game...then whole bunch of PS3 problems forced me to replay it about 5x before gaining the Plat..
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast