Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Twisted Metal Letdown? - I hoped for more and got less

This is a discussion on Twisted Metal Letdown? - I hoped for more and got less within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Everyone and their dragons are hyping Twisted Metal. I got the demo yesterday and played the training, challenge mode and ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Twisted Metal Letdown? - I hoped for more and got less

Everyone and their dragons are hyping Twisted Metal. I got the demo yesterday and played the training, challenge mode and online. The first thing that came through my mind is; WTF am I driving? The all of the vehicles feels like floaty butter except one, the heavy truck drives like a tank. The weapon felt weak, pew pew missiles and the specials are surprisingly even weaker. The explosion effects made me chuckle, really, "thatīs all?" was what went through my mind. And how the weapon changing system worked out took down the gameplay flow a big deal.

Let me sum it all up, 60$ for this is not justified. The gameplay just didnīt feel fun, more like frustrating and the graphic were somewhere between PSN title and lower.

Just me right? Cuz I ainīt got taste and know how to have fun, right? For if not, WTF IS THIS GAME SO HIGH ON EVERYONES WISH LIST (mostly talking about my friends)?
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

The Bushiest Pig

I played the demo and liked it, rook me back to the PS1 days. Maybe it's just not your type of game?
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Lvl 9 - Gold

Well, the release date has been delayed until the end of March (in the UK at least), so hopefully this'll allow enough time to fix some of these issues.

Lvl 6 - Silver

cant speak for this title as i havent tried it yet but...imo twisted metal has been a let down ever since twisted metal black, and since then ive been avoiding it completely. which is a shame really because i loved the older titles, they were such a blast to play. from ive read and seen though, i feel its gotten too complicated really...theres all this transforming nonsense going on, what happened to the good ole pick up weapons to blast your enemy to hell with, and that was that lol. whether i play this or not will depends on reviews after release

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    I played the demo and liked it, rook me back to the PS1 days. Maybe it's just not your type of game?
    I liked the one for the ps1. It just donīt give me the feel that Iīm destroying my opponents here.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Retired

I liked it, the EU one will get delayed and will have the violent scenes deleted.
    Still, I loved it, and I didn't get to play online.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    I liked the one for the ps1. It just donīt give me the feel that Iīm destroying my opponents here.
    I hope you're not saying that because you feel it's more challenging than the older games. It just might be that Twisted Metal games aren't for you anymore. I personally thought the demo was pretty dope. It's gonna take a little while for me to adjust to the controls because I haven't played a Twisted Metal game since TM 2. But it brings me back to my younger days and I've been waiting a long time for a TM game in HD.

Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

INTJ

this game is fun and my favorite pa

Matchmaking error

illegal in 9 countries

This is probably the franchise reboot I've least looked forward to. None of the footage released to date has floated my boat...a fresh coat of brown paint on a old white turd still makes it a turd.

I'll download the demo and post my thoughts. I hope I'm wrong but I suspect it'll be somewhere between "Why did I bother?" and "Meh..."

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    this game is fun and my favorite pa

Matchmaking error
    Whatever troll, the game is a blast.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Yes it is, and online is way better on the full game.

Royal Flush X2

I'm loving this game, finally got into some multiplayer and it was a blast. I like how your not dead in one or 2 hits like most FPS games or even most multiplayers. This so far has been the most fun I've had in a multiplayer and I'm more of a singleplayer person. The single player was even fun and is not that hard to win, the vehicles with less armor is tougher to win with but it's not that hard. This is a day one purchase for me.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    sorry for saying the game is fun.

but seriously every time i try to go online, matchmaking error.

apparently it's bad enough to where david jaffe has to say something about it

Player Hater

I didn't like the control set-up at all. Hopefully, the full game allows it to be more customizable. I will play it with much aplomb if that is the case.

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Frostmourne89 View Post
    cant speak for this title as i havent tried it yet but...imo twisted metal has been a let down ever since twisted metal black, and since then ive been avoiding it completely. which is a shame really because i loved the older titles, they were such a blast to play. from ive read and seen though, i feel its gotten too complicated really...theres all this transforming nonsense going on, what happened to the good ole pick up weapons to blast your enemy to hell with, and that was that lol. whether i play this or not will depends on reviews after release
    Really? Black was the one that killed it for you? Damn, Black was my favorite in the series, and I am pretty sure this one will be similar to Black.

Anywhore, I have been anticipating a new Twisted Metal since Head On for psp. Everyone has their own opinion, so maybe this game just isn't your type.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

i agree i never played twisted metal before and was really hyped as i love ps3 exclusives and i couldn't really get into the demo. if it gets good reviews tho i'll probably pick it up anyway as i attribute a large amount of my let down to the fact i had no idea what the hell was going on lol

Me & Ming @ The Stash

I liked the demo enough to pre-order & pay for it today

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

illegal in 9 countries

Sure enough...I'm going with "Why did I bother?"

Demo won't start, the clock just keeps rotating in the bottom-left corner. Quit Game > Hard system crash twice...awesome so far.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Sure enough...I'm going with "Why did I bother?"

Demo won't start, the clock just keeps rotating in the bottom-left corner. Quit Game > Hard system crash twice...awesome so far.
    haha loool

Honestly I dont know why all this hype either....
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast