Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A new Jak and Daxter almost happened.

This is a discussion on A new Jak and Daxter almost happened. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; According to this article I read Naughty Dog thought long and hard about making a new Jak and Daxter game ...

PRO Member

A new Jak and Daxter almost happened.

According to this article I read Naughty Dog thought long and hard about making a new Jak and Daxter game befor finally deciding on doing The Last of Us.

Naughty Dog “extensively” explored new Jak & Daxter before The Last of Us | VG247

What is everyone's thoughts on this? Would you rather seen a new Jak and Daxter or are you happy with the direction Naughty Dog have taken?

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Bringing the PAIN

Here's the thing... Everyone wants something new and great. But even if the new IP is crap then they can fall back and release Jak4 next and make up their losses. But as I have said before when has ND let us down with a new series?

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

An old-fashioned cowboy

I say why not do both. Once they finish with The Last of Us they should get to work on Jak 4.

Lvl 4 - Silver

It seems like ND has their minds set on making this game amazing.

Visit My Art Page: http://artithan-artpage.blogspot.ca/ You Won't Regret It.

'But I dont want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
    'Oh, you can't help that.' said the Cat: 'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad.'
    'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
    'You must be,' said the Cat, 'Or you wouldn't have come here.'
    -Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

Lvl 7 - Gold

I'm happy on how The Last of Us is turning out, so I'm satisfied with them going that route instead of a new Jak & Daxter.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    I say why not do both. Once they finish with The Last of Us they should get to work on Jak 4.
    Totally agreed with you. Jak 4 is going to be epic (assuming it's going to come out?).
    Please no blank friend requests, otherwise I won't add them. Thanks!

PSN: Doksuri

Breakfast and Chill

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    Here's the thing... Everyone wants something new and great. But even if the new IP is crap then they can fall back and release Jak4 next and make up their losses. But as I have said before when has ND ever let us down?
    Fixed.
    I understand their decision, because they would try too hard to make the new game great, but it wouldn't look like Jak & Daxter.
    The games in that series were cartoonish for a reason, and so much detail on such a basic design could mess up everything good about the simplicity. I say move forward with the new games for now, and then think about the best way to go back.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think they made the right choice by going with The Last of Us im ready to see something new

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

And thankfully didn't.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

The One and Only

I'd rather see The Last of Us than a Jak 4, even though I haven't played any Jak games. If a series is a trilogy and ends, it's probably better off to keep the trilogy as is. Maybe make a spin off or a game that goes in between events of previous games would be fine, but a main game I wouldn't be too fond of. Doesn't mean I wouldn't play it though.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    the more i think about it, the more neutral i become
    on the one hand, i'm always sad to see a series (especially a favorite) die
    on the other, they did make Jak 4 and it was crap and...*gasp* Naughty Dog didn't make Jak 4..other people did, that's why it was crap!! there is still hope..they can kick it off as a spin-off, and re-work something good because Naughty Dog is...well, other than Jak and Crash Bandicoot i haven't played anything else of theirs..but those 2 series were enough to know they've got talent, and should continue with BOTH series (now that i remembered Crash, i want one that doesn't suck {it was too different} for the PS3)
    Add me if you want (soulless94), as long as you don't randomly delete me for no reason
    If I randomly add you, it's because you're awesome...wanted an answer? There it is. =]
    -----
    Cops don't protect against mugging, abuse, or grand theft. I thought you should know how great your "protectors" are.
    -----
    Myanimelist - Ryxia6392

Buy my book, Alteration

I'd like a new Jak. Everyone's going gaga over The Last of Us, when there's only been one trailer and a few screenshots. I'm not convinced yet.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Don't they also just stick to a certain platform with franchises? PS One for Crash Bandicoot, PS2 for Jak & Daxter, PS3 for Uncharted?

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Deem View Post
    Don't they also just stick to a certain platform with franchises? PS One for Crash Bandicoot, PS2 for Jak & Daxter, PS3 for Uncharted?
    Unless I'm proven wrong, it might just be a coincidence.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Crocodile Hunter

If they 'extensively explored' a possible jak 4 id put my money on that they havnt given up on it yet, they did enough to get a story etc for it and they will save it for a rainy day and BAM get all fans back instantly... thats my 2 cents anyway

Sig by Apokolypz

Retired

Wait a minute, what about the other half of Naughty Dog? Uncharted is over. Maybe UnJchaartked 4?

Lvl 5 - Silver

I'm happy they are taking a new direction rather than falling back on something that has been done.
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

I'm just glad that they're thinking of doing something that's not Uncharted. Don't get me wrong; it's great but it's too gerenic.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Undrey View Post
    Wait a minute, what about the other half of Naughty Dog? Uncharted is over. Maybe UnJchaartked 4?
    I'm in agreement with what is implied here. They specifically said they hired a whole new team that is making The Last of Us. What is the first team doing now, besides tweaking and milking the Uncharted 3 MP?
    Continuing to explore Jak 4, that's what!
    Considering that we got the HD remake of Sly, and now a Sly 4 is on the way (and arguably looks better than the "Jak 4" that we already got, a.k.a. Lost Frontier), I see no reason why ND wouldn't continue to explore a possible, proper Jak 4 depending on how sales of the HD Collection turn out. I'll hold out hope. I think Jak and Daxter would look cool in true 1080p. MAKE IT HAPPEN, ND!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    Considering that we got the HD remake of Sly, and now a Sly 4 is on the way (and arguably looks better than the "Jak 4" that we already got, a.k.a. Lost Frontier), I see no reason why ND wouldn't continue to explore a possible, proper Jak 4 depending on how sales of the HD Collection turn out. I'll hold out hope. I think Jak and Daxter would look cool in true 1080p. MAKE IT HAPPEN, ND!
    Actually, it will most likely be 720p, since Naughty Dog games are 720p, and well most top games are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast