Dust 514 Supports mouse/keyboard

This is a discussion on Dust 514 Supports mouse/keyboard within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Dust 514 supports mouse/keyboard and controller | Joystiq Dust 514 will support the use of USB keyboards and mice. That's ...

INTJ

Dust 514 Supports mouse/keyboard

Dust 514 supports mouse/keyboard and controller | Joystiq

Dust 514 will support the use of USB keyboards and mice. That's good news for EVE Online players looking to expand the wealth of their galactic empire by partaking in some mercenarial dirty work on the PS3 shooter.

Whether using a keyboard and mouse will provide a mechanical edge over players using a controller remains to be seen, but we feel like the type of input method used isn't as crucial when you're being bombarded from orbit by planet-sized gunships.
    oh boy i can't wait to win every single game i play

No Matter What

Mouse/Keyboard on a PS3? That sounds pretty lame, and I heard it's sloppy compared to an actual Computer anyways...

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    Mouse/Keyboard on a PS3? That sounds pretty lame, and I heard it's sloppy compared to an actual Computer anyways...
    yea when the game devs are lazy as shit

but this is ccp, they been pc oriented since 2001 and they heard the massive bitching of pc fans when they announced this as a ps3 exclusive.

Kid, not loser

Now if it gets Move support that would be awesome. This game can cater to the PS3 ds3 players, xbox players since you can get a 360 like controller on PS3, pc players now, then the motion control players. This game can cater to all fps fans if it gets Move support.

Lvl 7 - Gold

This game keeps looking better and better.
    Ps360, how do you get used to a mouse and keyboard?
    I am new to PC Gaming I am pretty good on the keyboard, but I am shit at aiming with the mouse.
    Any tips?
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

illegal in 9 countries

I'll post this for the umpteenth time - XIM3.com = mouse and keyboard on any PS3 / 360 game. It's a 360 peripheral but with a $10 PS3 > 360 adaptor it works perfectly on PS3 too.

Native implementation of m/kb in games like Unreal Tournament 3 isn't the best - it feels like you're turning a gun emplacement on a battleship. Bang a Xim3 into the equation for any shooter, and it's instant zippy pixel-precision.

The Xim3 is highly customisable for acceleration, deadzone, diagonal dampening, sensitivity, key binding etc. IMHO, the m/kb feels better on PS3 than I can achieve on PC. If you're a m/kb console gamer, this is one and only device you should have in your arsenal, it really is superb.

For PC-oriented gamers, m/kb support allows us to compete with the better padders. But good padders are still just as good as mousers, so it's unlikely you're going to win every game PS360.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 02-07-2012 at 08:24 PM.