Simpsons Arcade Trophy glitch

This is a discussion on Simpsons Arcade Trophy glitch within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; so i was going for the complete the story in under 30 minutes trophy which is a sliver and after ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Simpsons Arcade Trophy glitch

so i was going for the complete the story in under 30 minutes trophy which is a sliver and after i beat the game i got no trophy my time was 29.59 i had many other people say their was a problem with this. i made this post to warm you people who plan on 100% Simpsons Arcade

Lvl 4 - Silver

Ok thanks for the heads up.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Hope it gets fixed very soon because this was going to be a game I wanted to 100% pretty early

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Just got my trophy for "Release the Hounds". Beat the game in 29.14. That sucks if it's glitching on some folks.

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Negator

I didn't have a problem with this trophy. There's an in-game timer that'll help keep you on track.

Use the JP Rom on EASY Free Play, and just keep pressing to the right. Don't worry about health items. Shouldn't be difficult, and I doubt it's glitched.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

Having discussed this with a friend on the PS3 last night, he believes, that the trophy's timer may not be in sync with the game timer. He had a run of 29 mins 52 secs to completion and the trophy didn't pop, but on a 2nd attempt at it, he achieved 29 mins 23 secs and got the trophy. He believes that the trophy timer started upon selecting your character, and the few seconds wasted on the introduction animation caused this discrepancy. I don't know for sure as I have yet to purchase this title, but just putting his theory out there in the event it may help others.

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksu25 View Post
    Having discussed this with a friend on the PS3 last night, he believes, that the trophy's timer may not be in sync with the game timer. He had a run of 29 mins 52 secs to completion and the trophy didn't pop, but on a 2nd attempt at it, he achieved 29 mins 23 secs and got the trophy. He believes that the trophy timer started upon selecting your character, and the few seconds wasted on the introduction animation caused this discrepancy. I don't know for sure as I have yet to purchase this title, but just putting his theory out there in the event it may help others.
    I noticed it keeps counting for a few seconds after you beat Mr. Burns. So, if he beat him at 52 after, it might have kept counting for the 10 or so seconds it takes for the cut scene to start. Im not saying thats exactly why it happened obviously, its just a thought...

Mr. X

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    I noticed it keeps counting for a few seconds after you beat Mr. Burns. So, if he beat him at 52 after, it might have kept counting for the 10 or so seconds it takes for the cut scene to start. Im not saying thats exactly why it happened obviously, its just a thought...
    Something like that sounds likely. I remember when you beat Ifrit in Final Fantasy VIII the counter keeps going until you're throguh the exprience screens.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.