Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fuuuuuuu....

This is a discussion on Fuuuuuuu.... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; ....ccccckkk. I think i've just killed my 60gb fatty. I was cleaning it like I have a hundred times before, ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Fuuuuuuu....

....ccccckkk. I think i've just killed my 60gb fatty. I was cleaning it like I have a hundred times before, giving the vents a quick vaccuum (as I have, literally DOZENS of times before), and now I have nothing. No red light, no blip, no nothing. I'm assuming it's dead, but i've seen on that it might be worth leaving it for a while and trying again in a bit - but not hopeful. Anything I can do or is that it? My entire collection wasted and I'll have to start allllll ovr again on my games?

FUUUUUUCK. :'(
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 7 - Gold

If it's dead dude I'm sorry. That would be so shitty. Doom shall sacrifice 1000 slaves in memory of your PS3. Btw I have the same model type.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

What do you mean by vacuum?

I tend to find the people that end up taking too many precautions and over protective about their stuff are the first to mess it up or something.
    For example, my friend always used to take out the discs off his PS3 since he first got it and put it back in the box right after use.
    Then one day it stopped reading the discs.
    It's just a flesh wound.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Think you best get sacrificing then man, TOTALLY dead.
    FUCK.

EDIT: SHIT, I have uncharted 2 stuck in there too. ARGH.
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    [

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by FancyJesse View Post
    What do you mean by vacuum?

I tend to find the people that end up taking too many precautions and over protective about their stuff are the first to mess it up or something.
    For example, my friend always used to take out the discs off his PS3 since he first got it and put it back in the box right after use.
    Then one day it stopped reading the discs.
    I hoovered it, as I have done many many times before, and never had a problem, But this one has killed it. I do this to stop the dust getting too bad in the fan, as it was getting quite loud and hot recently...
    [

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Sorry man the same thing happened to me, mine never turned back on. I even tried to take it apart and figure out what was wrong, I never did figure it out, and after I was done putting it back together I had 3 extra screws leftover... oops. So yeah sorry to hear that, I hope you can somehow fix it

Lvl 8 - Gold

The good thing is, you won't lose your trophy collection. Just sync when you get a new console.

P.S.

Sorry to hear about your console. My old PS3 died after a power surge so I know how it feels.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Taquito View Post
    Sorry man the same thing happened to me, mine never turned back on. I even tried to take it apart and figure out what was wrong, I never did figure it out, and after I was done putting it back together I had 3 extra screws leftover... oops. So yeah sorry to hear that, I hope you can somehow fix it
    I'm by no means an electrician lol, though I suppose if i were to watch a few youtube vids and take it apart, it can't do any more damage...

The good thing is, you won't lose your trophy collection. Just sync when you get a new console.

P.S.

Sorry to hear about your console. My old PS3 died after a power surge so I know how it feels.
    That's something I guess, but gonna lose a fair bit of saved data which suuuucks.

Also, any idea how to get the disc out anyone? Thanks for the condolences lol!
    [

Lvl 1 - Bronze

if just the system died if you get another cheap one you may be able to take out the hard drive and put it in a different one so atleast you dont lose your saves

Lvl 6 - Silver

Aren't hard drives locked to the original playstation they were in though?
    [

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Nookie_Egg View Post
    Aren't hard drives locked to the original playstation they were in though?
    yeah, pretty sure if you slip it to another ps3 it'll tell you to reformat it.
    It's just a flesh wound.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Guess I've lost it all then.
    And photos and stuff. shit. My own fault, but don't get why it's happened now and never before
    [

Lvl 3 - Bronze

dang man sad story man. have you tried different power points, any sparky can do a few tests to see if its somethings simple like a power supply problem?. well good luck oh and yes a hard drive swap with format ur drive it has to be backed up on to another external fat 32 hdd then restored to new ps3 system its tricky but not impossible lol..but sounds like you might have lost it man sorry to say just keep tryn dont go smashing ya ps3 fulty ps3 still go for 250$ here ..

Lvl 6 - Silver

Well I have tried a different power cable, but the tv the plug is still attached to is working fine, so it's defs not that... If i can work a way to transfer the stuff on the hdd then i'm not botherd about it as it will ne a case of transferring it to a new one.. but it's if i can find a method to transfer a drive from a dead console.. i'll have a look. thanks for the replies people
    [

Lvl 3 - Bronze

My fat 60gb shut off a week before Christmas and right when I was playing Assisans Creed and I got the YLOD. I did the same like you suggested and switched the hard drives but it asked me to format so I lost everything. Sorry about your loss I know how you feel.

Change is mediocre

May sound stupid, but are you sure the power cable is hooked in properly? I have never seen the red light not be on with everything hooked up. Maybe the cable is out a little bit? Other than that, you can take it to a shop to fix it up for you, if you have a computer shop nearby that fixes things you should ask them.

Legend...Nuff Said

I'm not a techy so this idea might be impossible but is there a way to hook your HDD to your computer like it was a portable hard drive? That way you can get the saves off it.

Sorry to hear it went Kaput!

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 6 - Silver

May sound stupid, but are you sure the power cable is hooked in properly? I have never seen the red light not be on with everything hooked up. Maybe the cable is out a little bit? Other than that, you can take it to a shop to fix it up for you, if you have a computer shop nearby that fixes things you should ask them.
    No such thing as stupid advice mate, cheers. But yeah I am sure it's hooked in properly. I have removed it and put it back in and tried a new one so I am sure. Don't really have any computer shops anywhere near me to be honest, but there do seem to be many places online that I could courier to..

Sorry about your loss I know how you feel.
    lol it's like i've lost a child!

I'm not a techy so this idea might be impossible but is there a way to hook your HDD to your computer like it was a portable hard drive? That way you can get the saves off it.

Sorry to hear it went Kaput!
    I am hoping that I can do this too, I have put in a question on an electrical forum so hopefully one of them will be able to help me on this..

cheers guys
    [

Lvl 6 - Silver

erm...

So i tried another cable (3rd one!)... and I have life...

WHAT THE HELL!!!

sorry guys!

[

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Nookie_Egg View Post
    erm...

So i tried another cable (3rd one!)... and I have life...

WHAT THE HELL!!!

sorry guys!

I can only imagine the look on your face when it worked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast