Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

5 video game franchises that should take a break.

This is a discussion on 5 video game franchises that should take a break. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by dr_mayus The thing about giving a game a break is you risk making it irrelevant. Imagine if ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    The thing about giving a game a break is you risk making it irrelevant. Imagine if Call of Duty took a year or two off and then came back with a kickass shooter. A lot of the fans may have moved on to other games and may or may not come back to it. If you give people a chance to breathe then they may realize your product isn't very good. This is why Activision announces the new COD game before this year's even comes out.
    Lol how can you honestly think that if CoD took a year off it would lose a lot of fans? People would just be hyped for a new CoD after a break and would be all over it like a pack of rabid monkeys. Then, as one had not been released in the previous year, people would be addicted to it like crack and the series would have even more people saying that it's the best game series evr invented.

If they did make it awesome, then more fool the dumbasses who were blinded by their stupidity before. And an awesome and original CoD game would be like the dawn of a new era.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

PRO Member

I like how CoD isn't up there, and 3 of these franchises are taking breaks...

Gotta love dumb articles.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Call of Duty & FIFA need to take a time out, not that ive played many of these games but the changes ive seen and heard about dont warrent a release every bloody year.

The One and Only

Why isn't Need for Speed in there? C'mon since 1995 Need for Speed had a new game released every year, and last year they released two games. I say that deserves a break. Also I think Call of Duty should be there too.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

INTJ

why the fuck is sonic on there

the last two sonic games were awesome (sonic colors and sonic generations).

also EA needs to stop fucking up the sims and give it back to will wright.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The WWE SvR/'12 franchise needs to take a break. THQ can't put out a polished game in a year, period. Every year the game is riddled with bugs and gets bogged down with so many limitations that almost all the fun is sapped out of the game within a few days.

If THQ would focus less on adding new features that never work all that well, and instead fix the problems that have been in the game for years, maybe they could handle an annual release. But the way they do things now makes it impossible for them to do the job. I hope THQ goes under just so the franchise can go to another company that will handle it properly.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Replace Assassin's Creed with Call of Duty and the list will make sense.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123