Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Wtf!?! Really???

This is a discussion on Wtf!?! Really??? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; lol 2012 will be the end of the world I believe in that now lol (I bet that will be ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

lol 2012 will be the end of the world I believe in that now lol (I bet that will be in the 1.place of ALL TIME Best Gaming Endings )
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

NSFW

Uh.... I'm extremely tired of this franchise. I mean give the prize to Bioshock or Earthbound. Hell, even Halo 2 did a better job. Just something else. I don't hate CoD, but I get so annoyed to see all the praise and hype these games get, for having absolutely nothing new to bring to table, no creativity, no real good story, NOTHING, but mindless shooting all the time. Is this how low the standards of gaming has gotten? That we can just forgive everything, because it contains violence?

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

PRO Member

I think we are all getting a bit confused... With things like this, these Guinness records for "best" something.

Its all about: POPULARITY

For christ sakes, look at their top-10, maybe 3 of those games have what I would consider legit endings to a legit story.

This was a popularity contest, nothing more. Nobody voting in these things understands anything more than their personal fandom. LoZ made it in the top-3! Call of Duty: MW2, a game whose ending wasn't so much as an ending as it was a slap in the face of intelligence, was in the top-5!

So please, don't give me this "WTF? REALLY!?" crap, you're ignorant if you think any critical thinking or standards were brought to this evaluation of best game ending.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Black ops had a great singleplayer with twists but the ending wasn't even close to be the best

BTW Final Fantasy 7 is on the list
    -Feel free to add me on PSN (Kami_Gunn). Don't leave a blank message .

PRO Member

The best ending ever was seeing Metroid in a bikini hands down, never expected it

Crocodile Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR View Post
    I think you are lying, you didn't even play for 5 minutes... 3 trophies and none of them are from the SP...

aww he just wants to fit into the cool group

Sig by Apokolypz

MMA Fan Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    well these people hold no credibility with me now. really? a CoD game with best ending....no not even close.
    Exactly. Always consider the source. Granted, I have never played black ops so my credibility isn't that high either. Judging by everyone's reactions, however, it seems we share the same belief. This is all opinion based, but black ops receiving the best ending? Come on!

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God." John 1:1

Current playing: WWE '13 and Borderlands (yes still playing the first one)
    Up Next: Who the heck knows? I'm busy!

Platinum Dohvakiin

As someone who has played every Call of Duty. All I have to say is. To say Black Ops has the best ending in any game. Is completely r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d! Personally I hated Black Ops. The story wasn't much of a story. As it was a cluster f*ck based on an Acid Trip. To say ANY CoD has the best ending is beyond delusional. And the fact that every CoD game this gen, with the exception of CoD3. is on that list. Invalidates the whole thing.
    The problem with having a list like this. That's based on an opinion poll. Will automatically have completely skewed results. I can think of at least half a dozen games with better endings. Some of which are actually on that list.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

MK Plat = Overrated

I love CGR on YouTube. I subscribe to his channel and watch as much as I can on a weekly basis. If you aren't familiar with his videos, he is the most original reviewer that's been around for a while. Definitely more interesting than IGN. He has just posted an interview with the editor of Guinness Book of World Records: Gaming Edition. They briefly touch on the "Best Ending Ever" subject at 5:30 on the video. It's a great interview, though, and well worth watching.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Not trying to rain on any bodies parade but I really liked black ops but I feel they didnt even grace the top 100 on endings. Dead space 1 & 2 dog walks on call of duty endings hands down.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Lol, i really enjoyed Black Ops, but it was not epic.
    The ending of GTA Vice City was epic......

HDD corrupted u.u

5. God of War
    4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    2. Halo: Reach
    1. Call of Duty: Black Ops

[floatleft][/floatleft]

AKA bar by Athena| Avatar by Dare_xLw
    |Signature by Luckay

My showcase

by "Neo Gimp" D1Mech and "Smudgetastic" djunglist

Sigs And Beyond (closed)/Deja View (open)
    Sigs/Banners/Avatars/Headers requests

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR View Post
    I think you are lying, you didn't even play for 5 minutes... 3 trophies and none of them are from the SP...
    Ha ha, yep I was thinking that same thing when I saw his comment, checked his trophy list for Blops and saw that he hadn't even killed Castro. If he spent "5 hours offline shooting brainless NPCs" and didn't make it past the first mission, then he needs to re-evaluate who is truly the "brainless" one in that equation.

The Deathly Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by Bladia View Post

hahahahahaha Priceless!!
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GoldDome13 View Post
    Ha ha, yep I was thinking that same thing when I saw his comment, checked his trophy list for Blops and saw that he hadn't even killed Castro. If he spent "5 hours offline shooting brainless NPCs" and didn't make it past the first mission, then he needs to re-evaluate who is truly the "brainless" one in that equation.
    With 957 posts to 683 trophies ... I'm sure there are a lot more comments based on the same equation.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

bad ops sucked and had no memorable moments, just like the ending (which i barely even remember), nothin new for the cod series, this was obviously a mainstream casual gamer ranking thing or something because honestly how could something as trash as bad ops live up to somethin like the mgs4 ending, which realistically was probably one of the best, most dramatic and indepth endings of all time? besides mgs4 tho ther are hundreds of games with far better endings easily

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilsminion View Post
    The best ending ever was seeing Metroid in a bikini hands down, never expected it
    you mean samus? lol

Lvl 9 - Gold

I've literally just this second finished METAL GEAR SOLID 4 for the 16th time.

The Epilogue (NO GAMEPLAY) is 1 WHOLE HOUR long. ONLY Metal Gear could've pulled this off with it's extensive history as a series and being the definitive gaming experience for almost anyone (i've honestly found).

Anyone who brings in an ending like Black Ops and honestly thinks it even stands up to MGS4, is a lost cause.

MORAL: MetalGear outranks everything. roffles.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123