The Last Guardian- I Hope It Doesn't Fail to Deliver

This is a discussion on The Last Guardian- I Hope It Doesn't Fail to Deliver within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; We have all been anticipating the release of the Last Guardian for quite some time now, but are still unsure ...

MMA Fan Extraordinaire

The Last Guardian- I Hope It Doesn't Fail to Deliver

We have all been anticipating the release of the Last Guardian for quite some time now, but are still unsure as to when the game is coming out or if even at all. There have been updates here and there about the progress of the game, but still have yet to receive anything remotely definitive. We are simply told, "the game is in development" or "we're playing the game, but still no definitive time frame." Indeed, this is frustrating to gamers out there because we hope that this thing isn't delayed until the release of the ps4 (whenever the heck that is). Here is the latest from IGN: Sony: The Last Guardian Is 'Making Progress' - PlayStation 3 News at IGN .

After reading the article, something came across my mind: will this developer be so focused on certain details that they will overlook other important aspects of the game? While this may seem doubtful, I remember a similar thing happening with the development of Gran Turismo 5. There was a delay, which was followed by another. Followed by another, etc. When the game was finally released, people were expecting it to be the greatest racing game ever (or maybe even on of the best overall games). The title received good, but not outstanding reviews, which showed that the game just failed to live up to the height that was surrounding the game. After all, the developer was known for crafting previous AAA titles on the ps2, so we were expecting a massive upgrade from the aforementioned games.

Similarly, ICO and Shadow of the Colossus were highly acclaimed titles with the latter being considered one of the greatest, if not the greatest, Playstation 2 game of all time. Because of this, many are expecting the Last Guardian to be leap and bounds greater than the previous 2 entries because that is what we have expected from the developers. Their games became progressively better. Are we as gamers placing too much hype on the game or is it simply an expectation of excellence that we developed from playing excellent games? You decide.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God." John 1:1

Current playing: WWE '13 and Borderlands (yes still playing the first one)
    Up Next: Who the heck knows? I'm busy!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I think we're just going to wait and see how it turns out but from the looks of it its going to be amazing like its predecessors.