Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Metal Gear Online shutting down in June

This is a discussion on Metal Gear Online shutting down in June within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Never had the chance to play it. Isnt it only japan release? Because I am in United States....

Check Those Corners

Never had the chance to play it. Isnt it only japan release? Because I am in United States.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post
    Never had the chance to play it. Isnt it only japan release? Because I am in United States.
    MGO is available in every region. You just need the MGS4 disc. Those of you who haven't played it should try it since they're giving away all expansions for free this month, until the servers close. Keep in mind that you'll have to download a big update.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

What a shame... I love playing MGO, One my fave games I can play nowadays and actually enjoy - and that new MG Rising game coming out is just gunna suck.. No stealth in it at all

Game on....

I remember playing this when the game was released and i thought it was great fun and i was hooked for a while. Those were the days of no trophies whatsoever.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    MGO is available in every region. You just need the MGS4 disc. Those of you who haven't played it should try it since they're giving away all expansions for free this month, until the servers close. Keep in mind that you'll have to download a big update.
    Whoah, they are giving the Raiden and Vamp expansiosn too? I might try to get this, although it'll take eons to fully download every patch.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Whoah, they are giving the Raiden and Vamp expansiosn too? I might try to get this, although it'll take eons to fully download every patch.
    Yeah Gene, Meme and Scene expansions will be free from April 24th. All characters and maps will be available to everyone.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I tried to get into this. It was my first PS3 game and my first real introduction to online gaming. It left a really sour taste in my mouth and I haven't played any competitive online games since. Being lower levelled in MGO.. I was basically used as fodder and laughed at or kick out of rooms. God forbid I'd use the M4 and auto-aim.. I'd get crucified.

I was part of a clan (Run_Amok) and the clan leader did take time to show me a few things in private practice sessions, but the sad truth is that I could never commit enough time to MGO to really improve and without improving, it was almost impossible to enjoy any aspect of this with strangers online.

I tried to like cause I'm a huge MGS fan.. but I'm totally turned off of online gaming.

I tried a couple of sessions of Uncharted 3 online recently as well.. and nope.. I still friggin hate online gaming.

Then again, I'm not competitive by nature and if I can't start off with a natural ease or skill, I don't put the time and effort into it since I know there will always be someone better than me behind another controller.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

im surprised that the servers to last this long.

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO Member

My favorite game that I was never good at.

Will definitely have to start playing it during its final hours.
    YouTube: Sk3pT1kaL

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

Well I went back, and decided to take some screenshots of my characters as a farewell I guess.

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Think I'm done with MGO for good now, got my last fix of it, but I will miss spamming some of those pre-text things since you could get pretty creative with those, and the odd retardedness with everyone spamming the laugh ones when winning a game or the "Go Go Go!" at the start of every round just to add hype at the start of the match.

annnnnd just one final thing to add before I'm done...

Toggle Spoiler

~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'll need to play a bit more of this before I lose the chance to do so, although given that I'm at an extremely low level, I'll no doubt be torn to shreds by the expert players! It'll be sad to see the servers go, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12