Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Metal Gear Online shutting down in June

This is a discussion on Metal Gear Online shutting down in June within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Metal Gear Online shutting down June 12 - GameSpot.com What a shame. MGO is the best online multiplayer game for ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Metal Gear Online shutting down in June

What a shame. MGO is the best online multiplayer game for me, even though the community is terrible.

Nope, nothing

Literally just seen this lol.

I played a lot of this when it first came out, I was pretty damn good as well It would be nice to see them make MGO2 or something

Lvl 7 - Gold

i am not surprised that the community is bad as i dont see it much of an online MEtal Gear. It is more of a single player

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Literally just seen this lol.

I played a lot of this when it first came out, I was pretty damn good as well It would be nice to see them make MGO2 or something
    This actually was MGO2, as the first MGO was included with MGS3 Subsistence. I had a lot of fun with the game and I recently started getting back into it, after not playing it much in 2011.

With the servers closed maybe they'll start working on a new online Metal Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by goldberg_malta View Post
    i am not surprised that the community is bad as i dont see it much of an online MEtal Gear. It is more of a single player
    The game itself is amazing, in my opinion anyway. Character customization is nice and teamwork is basically built into the game. You have A LOT of game modes, all interesting, including Team Sneaking where one team has stealth camouflages and have to steal a target guarded by the other team. It's so much fun being the only player left on your team while trying to evade 3 enemies.

What I don't like about the community is players who think they're too good to be killed in game.You have a level 20 booster get killed by a level 10 player and that's when the insults start. Apparently a level 10 player can't possibly kill a higher level player without cheating. And there's more stuff like that.

Most games you have people arguing over things like that and it an ruin the enjoyment.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I hated it, never got into a game.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    This actually was MGO2, as the first MGO was included with MGS3 Subsistence. I had a lot of fun with the game and I recently started getting back into it, after not playing it much in 2011.

With the servers closed maybe they'll start working on a new online Metal Gear.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that one, probably because I never played it to be honest.

MGO3 then

Lvl 5 - Silver

MGO(MGS4) was its own kind of online experience tho, unique from other shooter type games. While some cared for it, I enjoyed MGS3 Online more, loved the cardboard box in both tho.

The only sane person here

Hm that's a darn shame. Does anybody know how many people still play online daily on it?

Lvl 8 - Gold

Whenever I log on it's full of hosted games, regardless if it's early in the morning or late at night, it's still pretty active.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I haven't played MGO in a long, long time.... I'd better fire it up again and give it another shot before I lose my chance!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I literally just started playing again like 3 months ago.

Wow. I was actually thinking of buying the expansion packs last week, good thing I didn't.

Kiwi Defender

It was a very interesting and fun multiplayer most of the time, but I always had lag and found myself getting killed out of nowhere and found my bullets reaching my opponents 5+ seconds later atfer I shot them. Sometimes it helped me kill 4+ dudes on my own, though .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Didn't play it as much as I should have...such a shame though.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Resident PHD

I thought you meant for the collection. I was thinking "it just came out and they are already shutting the servers "

I guess I have time to go for the s still

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

Ehhhh??

Well that blows... I had alot of fun with MGO last year when I got my PS3. Only problems I had with it was that the servers were region locked and bumping into the occasional aim botter, aside from that I thought it was a pretty solid game on it's own.

Guess I'll have to make an effort to go back to it again at some point before the servers are down for good. ;_;
    ~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

Lvl 2 - Bronze

i heard this earlier its a damn shame MGO is probably my favourite online multiplayer game on the ps3 (i tend to stick with xbox for online multiplayer) hopefully twisted metal can live up to the hype and carry the title as my new online ps3 game and carry the torch MGO U WILL BE MISSED

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i put MGO on the other day for the first time in a year and was damn angry to see its shutting down, but like before the original MGO was for ps2 and that got shut down so it could come back better on ps3 so I'm hoping that it'll be back stronger and with less glitches as a supplement to metal gear rising, we'll just have to see but its highly unlikely to be gone permanently.

Rainbow in the dark

HA i remember playing this, i was standing against a wall and i see my enemy drawing closer, he didn't see me so me grabbing him from behind must ave pretty spooked him or when i snatched a player from amidst a group of enemies, they never even noticed me, i dragged him away from all the others.. oh man good times! i'm so saddened to see it go
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Sadly I have never played it before, I think I tried making an account once but failed (don't ask why lol) any-WHO! Oh well.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have MGS 4 but I never played online. I needed to download the client first but my connection back then was terrible and I had to wait for a day so I cancelled the download, never bothered to play online again since that. For those who had the chance to play you're very lucky you had a taste of MGO.......

***Now the real game begins!***

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast