fight sticks

This is a discussion on fight sticks within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; i was thinking of getting a fight stick to help me out in my fighting games.i was wondering if there ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

fight sticks

i was thinking of getting a fight stick to help me out in my fighting games.i was wondering if there are any good ones out there
    thanks

You weak azz niggs

First thing: the fighting stick will not help you become a better player or anything like that. Unless you've playing in the arcades daily and are willing to commit time to practice, then there's really no point in getting one. If you haven't played on one ever or in a long time, it's going to take a while to just get basic moves down.

Anyway, here's the best one overall:

Toggle Spoiler

Basically, look for Street FIghter fightsick (Tournament Edition being the keywords). There are quite a few other ones also. A good one will cost you around $150 (US). The one in the spoiler is the one I have, though I have a few other ones too. If you're willing to commit, then the price is definitely worth it.

EDIT:

If you're looking for something that's more affordable, but not crappy, then look for this one:

Toggle Spoiler

You can get a good Hori stick for $50-$60 (US). If you have anymore questions, just ask me.

illegal in 9 countries

As above. I've got the Super Street Fighter Tournament Edition and it's built like a brick shit-house...really solid stuff.

It WILL make you a better player because all of those stupid d-pad rotation moves are much easier to perform on a fight stick.

Looking for Grimy's n00bs

And your finger won't hurt after hours of play.

avatar and sig by the awesome kid420247

You weak azz niggs

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    As above. I've got the Super Street Fighter Tournament Edition and it's built like a brick shit-house...really solid stuff.

It WILL make you a better player because all of those stupid d-pad rotation moves are much easier to perform on a fight stick.
    I beg to differ. It's 50/50 and it's all about preference. There are quite a few good pad players, just as much people that play with the stick. You are correct about the D-Pad motions though. For the stick, you need to find what's best for you and stick to it because there will be times in which you mess up because of the shortcuts in SF4/SSF4.

EDIT:

Now granted, the stick will make it easier to execute challenges/trials with enough practice, but to say it will actually make you a better player is a different story.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    Now granted, the stick will make it easier to execute challenges/trials with enough practice, but to say it will actually make you a better player is a different story.
    Being able to predictably pull off a move makes you a better player because you can focus on something other than the controls. For example, I find it quite difficult to consistently d-pad all of the quarter & full rotation moves in a game like Street Fighter, but it's a piece of piss with a fight stick.

It won't make you a better competitor because you need to be able to react to your opponent, but it will make you a more capable player by making the game easier to control

The same argument can be made for using a steering wheel in a racing sim, a guitar controller in a rhythm game or a mouse & keyboard in a shooter. That doesn't mean you'll be any better than a kick-ass gamepadder, but using the right tool for the job does bring the potential for greater self-improvement for your average gamer.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Dude, if you have the money, get the Mad Catz Street Fighter IV Round 2 stick

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by lll_123 View Post
    Dude, if you have the money, get the Mad Catz Street Fighter IV Round 2 stick
    Lol I recently bought the same one, but it takes quit a while to get used to. Matter of fact i'm still not used to it after 1 month!

Quick tip: I could not afford one either but I found this shop where I could exchange my used games, walked out ith a brand new arcarde stick without paying a dime. Maybe this could work for you?
    Sig/Avatar by JackAttack

You weak azz niggs

Quote Originally Posted by DonFloris View Post
    Lol I recently bought the same one, but it takes quit a while to get used to. Matter of fact i'm still not used to it after 1 month!
    ^^^^ My earlier statements are correct. Go figure lol

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I know hahaha but I'm determined to play solid on it. Also don't buy it for one game, then it becomes a waist of money.
    Sig/Avatar by JackAttack

Lvl 7 - Gold

A lot of people seem to think that a stick will make you a better player. That's not true. Much like Grimy has stated, it'll take time and dedication to learn stick. Plus there's Fanatiq who's a pad player and he's beaten the Evo MvC3 champ using a pad. There's also Hi I'm Nasty who's beaten F-Champ using a Gamestop pad.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lvl 9 - Gold

The second post is very good. Too bad I just canīt get good at using the sticks. Iīm always using a pad since the positioning when I play with an arcade stick always felt very uncomfortable.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Lol let em find out themselves if they dont wanna listen.

Sig and Avatar By djunglist

My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

Regional Manager of War

Arcade stick is a useful tool to have when playing fighting games but the learning curve is steep!!! and you will be investing hundreds of hours just to get the basics down. Took a friend of mine a whole summer to make the switch, playing countless SFIV hours online, and matches with another friend of mine. If you are going to get a fight stick be prepared to in training mode for awhile

The Temple of the King

Don't do it unless A) you want to put down a lot of time into fighting games or B) you are already used to arcade sticks.

Personally, for me, I was an arcade rat in my college days so.... yea, it made sense for me to do go for an arcade stick.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

At first I thought the same thing when I was considering buying an arcade stick, since I wanted to commit to fighting games more. I was aware of having to get used to it, and got pretty annoyed when my friends were destroying me in UMVC3. I was fairly decent on pad for a while and felt like i was at square one again. But I didn't give up. I'm pretty comfortable with it now after 2 months practicing every other day. Am I complete pro at MvC3 now? lolno. My execution is better though, and I'm not hurting my thumbs anymore lol. And that's my experience purchasing an arcade stick xD;

"The Flames of Revenge? Couldn't even roast a marshmallow."
    Playing: Playstation All-Stars, Metal Gear Solid 4, Tales of Graces, Resident Evil 6, Borderlands 2

PRO Ninja

i found this cheap and good fight stick on: WWE All Stars BrawlStick (PS3) Games Accessories | Zavvi.com

so now i can challenge the noob hater on any fighting game, i bet he's trembling in his pants now.

check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by lukas View Post
    i was thinking of getting a fight stick to help me out in my fighting games.i was wondering if there are any good ones out there
    thanks
    I know a guy on Capcom unity who makes custom fight sticks per your request. His unity ID is Doc Shadow, he used to go by Shadow Yamato, he also has a YouTube channel where he shows off his "creations".
    [IMG][/IMG]