Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Did Sony Confirm Uncharted 4?

This is a discussion on Did Sony Confirm Uncharted 4? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by unchartednick13 well said,how great would it be if when ps4 came out if god of war 4 ...

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by unchartednick13 View Post
    well said,how great would it be if when ps4 came out if god of war 4 and uncharted 4 where the main titles
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Now that would be awesome!

Oh and don't forget CoD MW5...

Crocodile Hunter

I will cetainly buy the PS4 if UC4 comes with it at launch i love the UC series

Sig by Apokolypz

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Not sure why people are making such a big deal about them making too many Uncharted games, the 3 on the PS3 were nicely spread apart and were amazing games. Golden Abyss is only really there to help kick-start the Vita with a popular title, plus a good prequel is always a nice addition to have imo.

The fact that people seem to think it's coming to PS4 means it won't be out any time soon, so calm down folks.
    Exactly mate. Calm down people and go play CoD or something.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 9 - Gold

Sony have previously stated that the PS4 wouldn't be due out till around 2015 or so, as the PS3 was to have a 'definite' 10-year lifespan. Assuming that it does come out then, and that Uncharted 4 is ready for its launch, we're still talking 3 to 3 & 1/2 years before it's out, so people need to stop worrying about the gaming market being "over-saturated" with Uncharted titles.

As much as I myself love the UC series, and as keen as I am to see where Naughty Dog take the franchise next, I really DON'T want to see a new game anytime soon. I'd much rather they take a couple of years or more to create a new game (as they have done before in the series' history) and make it as good as it can possibly be. A new UC game that was rushed out simply to meet fan demand would be a letdown, as the series has always had so much TLC lavished on it thus far. I would hate for Uncharted to head down the same one-game-a-year path that COD has taken.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    we milkin dis baby till it's dead

then we gonna keep milkin it
    I agree! They should stop making Halo games.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    Sony have previously stated that the PS4 wouldn't be due out till around 2015 or so, as the PS3 was to have a 'definite' 10-year lifespan.
    just because its a ten year life span doesnt mean they wont release a new console before ten years is up, it just means they will continue to make games for the ps3 for ten years like they continue to do for the ps2 which is going on year eleven, id say they will release ps4 in late 2013 to mid 2014, they wont wait for microsoft to get a massive lead like they did for this generation

PRO Member

If it truly is an Uncharted game, Sony and ND need to consider changing the direction of the series.

There is alot of depth to be had in the universe, but I feel that Uncharted 3's story is about a good close for Sully/Elena/Nate as you can hope for. Keep going down this path and we will quickly start retreading the same water storywise. Thats not to say the characters don't have more depth, but I think the depth of the 3 of them together has been maximized.

For UC4 to be successful it has to go one of 2 routes, and as far as I am concerned these are the only two routes to go that will actually result in a worthwhile story:

- Really spin Nate's character into territory we haven't seen him before. There isn't alot to be had in his childhood (which was covered by 3) and his dynamic with Elena and Sully are all fleshed out. We've seen him at every angle we can struggling through dealing with the ups and downs of being with those three and various other supporting characters.

What happens if he actually doesn't have them? What happens if he is pushed into true seclusion? How dark does the rabbit hole get?

If they wanna keep Nate, I'd really like to see a story about Nate alone. Really delve deep into him! Maybe during a treasure hunt he becomes stranded on an island, Sully/Elena/etc can't reach him. He is on the island with hostile people/animals, and he quite literally has to survive until rescue and needs to beat the bad guys still. I'd love to see a story like this play out! There is a mountains worth of potential in something this simple, maybe Drake loses it a little bit and starts talking to himself just to feel like he isn't alone, during flights of this going so far as to take notes because he is scared of not being rescued. Maybe the treasure is something like what we saw in 3 and he actually has to destroy it, what kind of angle would this introduce? Will he truly become self-sacrificing?

- Spin off a complementary set of characters into their own new story arc in the same universe.

I know fanboys will be pissed, but fanboys all suck donkey asshole. These are the same people that turned FF13-2 into a mediocre pile of pudding, keep CoD and Mario alive, and buy 360s just to destroy them in front of small children. These people shouldn't be catered to, they should be beaten into sensibility.

If you don't want to go the first route, because maybe you see Sully/Elena as inseparable from Drake, and you still want a good game... Pull a Halloween 3! Create an entirely new story with a new set of characters set in the same universe with the same general tone or some common thread.

Maybe instead of Drake it centers on a tourist or student abroad who gets inadvertently sucked into the world of treasure hunting, or maybe you tug on the same general string of having someone who is closely related to a historical figure trying to retrace the footsteps of his heritage, but follow a different set of characters trying to accomplish a different objective; instead of treasure hunting, maybe he is trying to solve something more personal. Or you could try to build a real dynamic between two anti-heroes after the same treasure (ala a Spy vs. Spy, but actual characters), and have a story with alot of mixed emotions.

These three ideas could all be spun to be in the same general tone or realm of Uncharted (treasure hunting/historical figures/etc), but would create a new thread in the canon. Thats the key idea I see with this route, create something new that shares something critical to connect it to the previous Uncharted.

Coming from someone who has Nintendo's balls resting on their chin and loves Halo so much you tried to tell me the Halo encyclopedia counts as a story element.

Your hypocrisy can be so overbearing sometimes it actually kills small woodland creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    Sony have previously stated that the PS4 wouldn't be due out till around 2015 or so, as the PS3 was to have a 'definite' 10-year lifespan.
    Sony has never said this.

Sony has said the PS3 will have a 10-year lifespan, but they have never said the PS4 won't be out until around 2015.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post

Coming from someone who has Nintendo's balls resting on their chin and loves Halo so much you tried to tell me the Halo encyclopedia counts as a story element.

Your hypocrisy can be so overbearing sometimes it actually kills small woodland creatures.
    said the book series does, not the encyclopedia. the book series is awesome though (along with comics)
    though the encyclopedia does sum stuff up.

The Deathly Rhythm

I don't think they should make UC4 on the PS3, Naughty Dog should wait Next Consoles, IMO
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

PRO Member

As things are right now i doubt Uncharted will die...but then again thats the same thing i thought about Jak and Daxter
    Who knows hopefully ( and most likely ) Uncharted still got a few games left in the series but with Naughty Dog we can never be sure

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

PRO Member

said the book series does, not the encyclopedia. the book series is awesome though (along with comics)
    though the encyclopedia does sum stuff up.
    http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/mi...html#post79034

Quote Originally Posted by PS360 View Post
    Halo's story is awesome in so many ways. Read the Books, Read the comics, Read the Encyclopedia, read all of it and love it
    Encyclopedia is not story.

Its universe, its canon, its not story.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.

INTJ

i said that because you can learn alot about something through stuff like that if you have questions about a certian race and all that.

never said it was about story even though it helps sum the events that happen in the series

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Character development is great, such as how we got to finally experience Nate and Sully's relationship and how it came to be in UC3, but again, the story is meh. Graphics are a high note, but they don't mean anything when you look at a game's fun-factor.
    I wish this line of thought was the industry standard

Working On:
    "Fallout: New Vegas [Ultimate Edition]" - 59%,
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,
    "Dead Storm Pirates" - 52% (3/5 S Rank)

PRO Member

i said that because you can learn alot about something through stuff like that if you have questions about a certian race and all that.

never said it was about story even though it helps sum the events that happen in the series
    You didn't say that anymore than you said the book series counts.

You included the encyclopedia in that same train of thought, if this is what you meant... Why did you include it where you did?

Encyclopedias are incapable of producing original material, everything is an aggregation of other elements (in this case other story elements), meaning the addition of the Encyclopedia in there adds nothing to any point you made in the post or either of the surrounding sentences UNLESS you are saying its a story element on its own. After all the Encyclopedia can only contain information generated from other novels, comics, games, or other fiction sources. So why would you even include it in the discussion about story? It imparts 0 new information.

As I said, in the truest sense of technicality you are right. You didn't say the Encyclopedia was a story element, but you didn't say the Books were either if we are going down that road (which would mean you're first response that started this small convo is the problem because you claimed you said something you didn't there)...

I still say you are confusing canon with story; that or maybe you just don't think alot before you type because if I gave that sentence to an English professor, writer, lawyer or someone else who is well versed with the technical aspects of writing... I would be willing to bet money they would take the same information away from it that I did.

Breakfast and Chill

Quote Originally Posted by unchartednick13 View Post
    well said,how great would it be if when ps4 came out if god of war 4 and uncharted 4 where the main titles
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    I'll be broke if that happens

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with this. We've gotten a lot of Uncharted from them in recent memory. Why soil the franchise by constantly shoving more games in our faces? Try something fresh to get the ball rolling.
    Well, that's the whole point of The Last of Us.

Nothing wrong with milking a franchise as long as the games are well done, I don't see a sequel being dished out every year so there really shouldn't be a problem.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    Nothing wrong with milking a franchise as long as the games are well done, I don't see a sequel being dished out every year so there really shouldn't be a problem.
    Going to have to respectfully disagree with you here.

Take a look at the Assassin's Creed franchise. They milked two extra, rather unneeded, games into the series. Were the quality games? Sure. But were they fun? No, not really. Why? Because it's the exact same damn thing as the previous games in the series. Hell, Brotherhood literally killed off all respect I had for Ubisoft Montreal because I had just experienced one of the most fantastic games in Assassin's Creed II, and then I get thrown the exact same game in my face, but just with a new title and some stupid multiplayer component.

I'm someone who likes innovation. I get bored easily when developers don't put the effort into games to actually improve upon them. I know I'm not alone in this (although the amount of CoD fanboys out there seriously outnumber me), yet developers always seem to be so closed-minded. When they know that their game is a commercial success, they're afraid to differ from what people loved the first time around.

The same thing is happening with Uncharted. The series lacks that surprising flare that it once had. Why? Because it's getting repetitive and boring and bland.

I'm sure the series will continue to be successful moving forward, even if they stick to the exact same formula. However, success would not be measured by how good the next sequels would be, but rather how large its fanbase is. The same thing has happened to Call of Duty, as well as other shooters.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

The One and Only

So the Uncharted for the PS Vita doesn't count as Uncharted 4?

And it doesn't matter to me if they do have an Uncharted 4, I'm not going to play it regardless.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

No Matter What

Gauss, those are both amazing ideas and I would love for them to come to life. It would be pretty cool playing as a treasure hunter who actually has a dark heart, instead of Nate always saving the world. Also maybe if you were a tourist or something you'd have some smalls interactions with Nate, Sully, Elena, or Maybe Chloe? Gah, so many possibilities with the Uncharted universe.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

PRO Member

Uncharted needs to take a break. I am already not happy that Naughty Dog broke two teams, but the last thing we need is them wasting theie efforts on another uncharted game. I mean look at The Last of Us. That game looks like it has the potential to be fantastic. An Uncharted 4 would sorta have the response from critics of "oh great another uncharted game.... it will be amazing no doubt but can't we get something new" New IP's are always the way to go. I though Naughty Dog understood this better than anyone with still holding off on Jak and Daxter because they know that it is no time yet. So why cant they think that way about Uncharted.

Sig by Bladia

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast