Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did Sony Confirm Uncharted 4?

This is a discussion on Did Sony Confirm Uncharted 4? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; UNCHARTED 4 announced on 2/14 Edition of PULSE presented by PSN | ANIMEGENIUS It does hint towards the next game...and ...

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Did Sony Confirm Uncharted 4?

UNCHARTED 4 announced on 2/14 Edition of PULSE presented by PSN | ANIMEGENIUS

It does hint towards the next game...and if it does come out that it may come on the next gen consoles.
    So what do you think? I'm not sure personally at the moment since Uncharted is too genetic for my taste. Sure, it's a fantastic franchise but it's nothing new. But anyway, what's your thoughts?

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

im going to be disappointed if its a new uncharted game. as much as i love the uncharted series, id rather get a new ip from the team.

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    im going to be disappointed if its a new uncharted game. as much as i love the uncharted series, id rather get a new ip from the team.
    Why not both?

Uncharted is a fantastic franchise, defintely my favourite series this generation.

The Last of Us looks promising too.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Personally, I think they should give Uncharted a rest, seeing as there are 4 games now (counting Golden Abyss). I dont want such a good franchise to turn into COD where they release it every year/2 years with very little change. I love Uncharted because it varies from game to game. There are differences between the games and they are noticeable. I dont want Sony to use Uncharted as their milk making franchise, I would like it to be the once every 3 years completely amazing game. But I am just one person and Sony is entitled to their own franchise killing decisions. Although I can't think of a franchise that they have done that too off the top of my head.

Visit My Art Page: http://artithan-artpage.blogspot.ca/ You Won't Regret It.

'But I dont want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
    'Oh, you can't help that.' said the Cat: 'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad.'
    'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
    'You must be,' said the Cat, 'Or you wouldn't have come here.'
    -Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Artithan View Post
    Personally, I think they should give Uncharted a rest, seeing as there are 4 games now (counting Golden Abyss). I dont want such a good franchise to turn into COD where they release it every year/2 years with very little change. I love Uncharted because it varies from game to game. There are differences between the games and they are noticeable. I dont want Sony to use Uncharted as their milk making franchise, I would like it to be the once every 3 years completely amazing game. But I am just one person and Sony is entitled to their own franchise killing decisions. Although I can't think of a franchise that they have done that too off the top of my head.
    I'm going to have to agree with this. We've gotten a lot of Uncharted from them in recent memory. Why soil the franchise by constantly shoving more games in our faces? Try something fresh to get the ball rolling.

INTJ

we milkin dis baby till it's dead

then we gonna keep milkin it

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    we milkin dis baby till it's dead

then we gonna keep milkin it
    So in your mind it's ok to produce 50 Pokemon, Mario and Zelda games, but 4 Uncharted games is flogging a dead horse?

If the quality suffered on a game-to-game basis and we got the same shit in a different bucket every year a la Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero, CoD and to a lesser extent Assassin's Creed, that position would be justified.

But Uncharted is altogether a different beast where one game is a completely different adventure within the same universe featuring the same brilliant cast and amazing production values. Each game is an improvement upon the last, not a simple regurgitation with new weapon skins & maps and takes a good 2 years to produce (Nov 2007, Oct 2009, Oct 2011 releases).

Every two years for a new Uncharted is AOK with me. It's a nice compromise between maintaining interest in the IP, producing a polished product and not over-saturating the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with this. We've gotten a lot of Uncharted from them in recent memory. Why soil the franchise by constantly shoving more games in our faces? Try something fresh to get the ball rolling.
    The Last of Us.

Why are franchises and new IP's from the same developer mutually exclusive?

I'll keep an eye out for the "C'mon Naughty Dog - where's The Last of Us sequel?" threads... you bunch of ingrates.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 02-14-2012 at 11:54 PM.

An old-fashioned cowboy

Didn't Naughty Dog say awhile back that they planned on making Uncharted 4 for the next Playstaion system.

Indie Game Developer

No, I just watched the video. She said that the winner gets to be part of the "next game" but if you go to the contest site, it clearly states that you will be a part of Uncharted 3, in the form of a multiplayer character. It was just a slip of the tongue on her part. Rumor SHUT DOWN.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    No, I just watched the video. She said that the winner gets to be part of the "next game" but if you go to the contest site, it clearly states that you will be a part of Uncharted 3, in the form of a multiplayer character. It was just a slip of the tongue on her part. Rumor SHUT DOWN.
    PS3 News: Naughty Dog talks Uncharted 4 and future of the franchise - ComputerAndVideoGames.com
    http://www.officialplaystationmagazi...ughty-dog-ps3/

This rumor may be a dead duck, but the Uncharted franchise is not.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Frankly speaking, Uncharted 3 was a rather large disappointment in my eyes, and thus I'd really want Naughty Dog to take a step back and think for a second before putting out another game in the series. Let's face it, the formula that once was a large success has already begun to get old. The shooting is repetitive, climbing sections nice, but altogether too simple.

The only thing that the series has really got going for it is the over-the-top action moments and character development. The actual story in all three games really just aren't very good. They hit on a lot of clichés, and after basically seeing the same plot formula recycled over and over again, it gets bland. The action sets pieces are really awesome; the train sequence in UC2, the plane sequence in UC3, but can those things alone carry the gameplay forward in the series? Probably not.

I say that they'd be carrying the series because simply, the gameplay fails to excite. Shoot off wave after wave of enemies, do a little climbing, solve an easy puzzle, rinse and repeat. It gets repetitive, but what's been masking that are the set pieces that make our jaws hit the floor.

Character development is great, such as how we got to finally experience Nate and Sully's relationship and how it came to be in UC3, but again, the story is meh. Graphics are a high note, but they don't mean anything when you look at a game's fun-factor.

So, I really want the guys at ND to just stop and think about their next plan of action. If they don't find some originality in the story, and add something new to the gameplay, I highly doubt UC4 (when it's ever made) will be a purchase from this guy. Despite my prior love for the first two games in the series, Naughty Dog really needs to step it up a notch in order for it to be a success (in my eyes). Paying $60 for an 8 hour experience and a sub-par multiplayer is rather steep.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Nope, nothing

Not sure why people are making such a big deal about them making too many Uncharted games, the 3 on the PS3 were nicely spread apart and were amazing games. Golden Abyss is only really there to help kick-start the Vita with a popular title, plus a good prequel is always a nice addition to have imo.

The fact that people seem to think it's coming to PS4 means it won't be out any time soon, so calm down folks.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Not sure why people are making such a big deal about them making too many Uncharted games, the 3 on the PS3 were nicely spread apart and were amazing games. Golden Abyss is only really there to help kick-start the Vita with a popular title, plus a good prequel is always a nice addition to have imo.

The fact that people seem to think it's coming to PS4 means it won't be out any time soon, so calm down folks.
    BOOM! Headshot.

There will be an Uncharted 4, but my bet is it'll be a PS4 launch title, much the same as Golden Abyss for the Vita.

That could be another couple of years away and by then, I'm sure more than a few doubters will be ready to scratch their Uncharted itch.

Lvl 6 - Silver

i like to think of uncharted in the same regard as i think of god of war,amazing to play,at times seem like you cant get enough but these games need time for ppl to get syched about a new one not just exspect another,thats hard for me to say as i love uncharted but dont want there to be more then 4,if there will be a new one

Sig and avatar by big bad bladia

Now this is Podracing

Uncharted 4 as a Launch title for PS4. AS good a reason as any for a lot of people to get the new console at launch.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by unchartednick13 View Post
    i like to think of uncharted in the same regard as i think of god of war,amazing to play,at times seem like you cant get enough but these games need time for ppl to get syched about a new one not just exspect another,thats hard for me to say as i love uncharted but dont want there to be more then 4,if there will be a new one
    if a game is good,and you have fun playing them why would you want them to end the series.in my opinion as long as a developer can keep coming up with new storylines and fresh ideas for gameplay i dont care if they keep pushing them out.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    if a game is good,and you have fun playing them why would you want them to end the series.in my opinion as long as a developer can keep coming up with new storylines and fresh ideas for gameplay i dont care if they keep pushing them out.
    i know and i agree,my point was simply that i like the time it takes for a game to come out and the anticipation yes i did say id want them to stop at 4,but i just cant see where they could take the story past 3 even,but hey who knows

Mr. X

Could be another VITA game. She only says the next Uncharted game. Either way I'd be happy, it's not like they're churning one out every year. I'm sure there'll be a wait for it and that Naughty Dog can produce another stellar game in the series.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by unchartednick13 View Post
    i know and i agree,my point was simply that i like the time it takes for a game to come out and the anticipation yes i did say id want them to stop at 4,but i just cant see where they could take the story past 3 even,but hey who knows
    I agree about waiting for a game to come out, I mean let me use CoD for an example; I really loved that franchise, I spent many many hours on them, but now I'm just not excited for one coming out, so I'm not even interested in buying them.

I think Uncharted needs at least 1 more game, I just finished 3 and I think the game deserves a better ending to finish an epic series.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    I agree about waiting for a game to come out, I mean let me use CoD for an example; I really loved that franchise, I spent many many hours on them, but now I'm just not excited for one coming out, so I'm not even interested in buying them.

I think Uncharted needs at least 1 more game, I just finished 3 and I think the game deserves a better ending to finish an epic series.
    well said,how great would it be if when ps4 came out if god of war 4 and uncharted 4 where the main titles
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast