Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can you still play your old games...

This is a discussion on Can you still play your old games... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; i dont know if its cause im bored, nothing coming out that interest me or feeling broke. i was very ...

PRO Member

Can you still play your old games...

i dont know if its cause im bored, nothing coming out that interest me or feeling broke. i was very excited when Final Fantasy XIII-2 came out and was blown away while playing it. i Plat'd it a week after getting it now i have nothing to play...

I have a PS2 and i have Xenogear, Final Fantasy V and VIII, and Suikoden for the PSN...

i tried to re-play one of my classic games and i felt bored...

is it just me or have does anyone feel like this Gen of games made you lose interest in the Classic games
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Legend...Nuff Said

Some games do, but some games don't. Games I consider classics I can always go back and play. Games that are soso I sometimes can't go back to them.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 4 - Silver

I revisit my old PS2 and Xbox games quite often, and I have a small collection of Dreamcast and Mega Drive games on my PC. To me graphics and gameplay don't mean shit, as long as you're having fun nothing else matters.

In fact I am re-playing the entire GTA series on my PC at the moment.

Lvl 4 - Silver

maybe because you expected that same felling you had when you first got those games, plus there RPGS you really have to be in the mood to play them

platbar and sig by wadefan1

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Some games do, but some games don't. Games I consider classics I can always go back and play. Games that are soso I sometimes can't go back to them.
    The same that happens to Theshadow happens to me. There are games (Chrono Trigger, FFVII/X/XII and A Link to the Past) that I can go back to at any given time and play for a while, while there are others that, while I like, I can't really be arsed to play for more than 30-60 minutes (CoD games being a good example).

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

It simply depends what game it is. I think that if a game still has a compelling narrative than I can still play them to this day. For example, Metal Gear Solid or one of the great Final Fantasies. On the other hand if the game simply just had good gameplay for it's time and I try to go back and play it, I just cannot get into it.

Sig by Bladia

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    On the other hand if the game simply just had good gameplay for it's time and I try to go back and play it, I just cannot get into it.
    I understand what you mean, like the PoP Warrior Within, Dark Sector, Some Sonic and Mario games...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Local Drunk

A bit, I used to love the old Tomb Raider games but now I think they are pretty shit.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 4 - Silver

I always play SNES games when I'm bored of hunting trophies. Games like Zelda: A Link to The Past never get old to me.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

when i have nothing to play i dont go to my old games. i just watch movies and tv shows until i have a desire to play games again

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Ice Cream Firefighter

not for me I never get bored of any game I have a SNES emulator on my pc & even though I have something like 60 games on the ps3 that I havent even touched like Skyrim, FF13-2, MW3 & Darksouls just to name a few I love going back to the SNES to play games like Lufia, Harvest Moon & The 3 Donkey Kongs & the game roms are so easy to find

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

The One and Only

I have my PS2, so when I feel like playing my old games form it, I'll go ahead and play them. It's great to have a game system working for 10 years now.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

No Matter What

I occasionally go back and play some game I really like, like Champions of Norrath, San Andreas, and True Crime. Although I have unfortunately lost Battlefront 2 and Gauntlet Dark Legacy... I would really like an HD Gauntlet.

Also my PS2 is amazing. My mom dropped a heavy plant with a concrete pot on it and cracked it, still works like a charm.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

The Last of Us

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    when i have nothing to play i dont go to my old games. i just watch movies and tv shows until i have a desire to play games again
    This is exactly what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    I occasionally go back and play some game I really like, like Champions of Norrath, San Andreas, and True Crime. Although I have unfortunately lost Battlefront 2 and Gauntlet Dark Legacy... I would really like an HD Gauntlet.

Also my PS2 is amazing. My mom dropped a heavy plant with a concrete pot on it and cracked it, still works like a charm.
    My friend fell off my bed and his ass cracked (<---lol) mine and it still works fine.

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

Lvl 7 - Gold

I can still play Street Fighter 2, Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2. A few others as well. As long as I find it interesting, I can play the games I grew up with.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    The same that happens to Theshadow happens to me. There are games (Chrono Trigger, FFVII/X/XII and A Link to the Past) that I can go back to at any given time and play for a while, while there are others that, while I like, I can't really be arsed to play for more than 30-60 minutes (CoD games being a good example).
    Props for being the first to know what my username meant.

To add what I said earlier, sports games I can almost never go back and play if the newer version is out. Maybe if its an old school day I could go a decade in the past and play NHL 95/94, but going a year back is kinda pointless now, unless its for easy trophies.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Prayer Warrior

i enjoy some classics. i have a few psn classics i'll jam on every now and then and i just bought 2 last gen games that i was crazy about back in the day on ebay. really fun stuff man.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    Yeap, that's a Sony product for you. My PS and PS2 suffered a lot of abuse throughout the years and work perfectly (although the PS2's laser died over 3 years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Props for being the first to know what my username meant.

To add what I said earlier, sports games I can almost never go back and play if the newer version is out. Maybe if its an old school day I could go a decade in the past and play NHL 95/94, but going a year back is kinda pointless now, unless its for easy trophies.
    Well, I do know spanish lol.

Same here, although I do enjoy the NES/SNES era Hockey games, and Tecmo Bowl .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Yeah, I do, but mostly on my PS2.

MMA Fan Extraordinaire

I haven't done so in a while, but I may do so soon. I still have my ps2 games sitting in my shelf. I got rid of a few, but kept all the ones that I really thoroughly enjoyed.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God." John 1:1

Current playing: WWE '13 and Borderlands (yes still playing the first one)
    Up Next: Who the heck knows? I'm busy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast