Bioware is now dead - Bioware Lead Writer Leaves Bioware, Writer of Jade Empire, Mass Effect, etc.

This is a discussion on Bioware is now dead - Bioware Lead Writer Leaves Bioware, Writer of Jade Empire, Mass Effect, etc. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The Escapist : News : BioWare's Lead Writer Resigns Drew Karpyshyn, the writer behind games such as Jade Empire and ...

INTJ

Bioware is now dead - Bioware Lead Writer Leaves Bioware, Writer of Jade Empire, Mass Effect, etc.

The Escapist : News : BioWare's Lead Writer Resigns

Drew Karpyshyn, the writer behind games such as Jade Empire and Mass Effect has decided that it's time to move on.
    BioWare games are beloved by their fans for many things, but it's their robustly developed stories and characters that seem to define them. While the narrative and dialog are always produced by a large team of talented writers, there's always one person who heads the pack, providing vision and shaping each project's voice and direction. For BioWare, that person was Drew Karpyshyn, at least up until a week ago.
    Karpyshyn revealed on his personal website that after more than a decade of penning the scripts to numerous award-winning games, he has retried from his post at BioWare. "For the past twelve years I've had the privilege to work at one of the best companies in the video game industry," he wrote, "side by side with the most talented and incredible group of people I've ever had the good fortune to know. I've enjoyed my time at BioWare immensely, but it's time for me to move on."

According to the post, Karpyshyn doesn't have anything else specifically lined up for full time employment but, at least for now, he's going to use the immediate future for other creative endeavors. "I'm leaving to focus more time and energy on my novels and other non-video game related projects," he explained. "I'll always have fond memories of BioWare, and a great appreciation for everything it meant to me. But my future is wide open, and I can't wait to see what's in store. (Plus, now I'll have more time for golf.)"

Karpyshyn's final project for the developer was new MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic, and before he cuts professional ties with BioWare completely, he'll work on finishing the game's tie-in novel, though he won't yet go into details.

"I realize some of you may be shocked by this announcement. Maybe even disappointed," he wrote. "My identity has been closely tied with BioWare ever since I crawled into the public eye, and I know it's a risk to move away from my comfort zone. However, I feel that's an essential step for every creative artist to take at some point. It keeps us fresh, it keeps us energized."

It's always a bit of a shake-up when a staple in the videogame industry decides to move on, but as Karpyshyn himself points out, change can only lead to interesting, fresh developments for both his personal work and the future creations of BioWare.

Resident PHD

Already posted, and they hardly dead.

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ge...s-sad-day.html

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Already posted, and they hardly dead.

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ge...s-sad-day.html

he is the only reason the writing was good in almost every major bioware game.

he wasn't writing for dragon age 2, and it became a pile of shit.

aint hard to connect the dots

the only time i can think of when he did a bad job was the old republic.

Too bad Jennifer Helper is going to ruin them all with forced shitty gay romances and more awful crap like that (see dragon age 2).

Game on....

Bioware is now dead? Largely over dramatic and attention seeking thread title, if you ask me.

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    he is the only reason the writing was good in almost every major bioware game.

aint hard to connect the dots

Too bad Jennifer Helper is going to ruin them all with forced shitty gay romances and more awful crap like that (see dragon age 2).
    One game being bad (debatable since I've not played it yet) does not kill a company.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    So he didn't write one game that was shit and wrote one game that was shit... so they cancel each other out.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Posted already, and wrong section. :stare:
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box