Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Jennifer Helper (Bioware Writer) Vs the Internet

This is a discussion on Jennifer Helper (Bioware Writer) Vs the Internet within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Ps360 Also i still seriously don't remember, sorry. Everytime you deny your actions, Gabe's weight will increase ...

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Also i still seriously don't remember, sorry.
    Everytime you deny your actions, Gabe's weight will increase by five pounds. By the time we are done, Gabe will have been perished by a heart attack and your precious Half Life 3 will crumble along with Valve.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    Everytime you deny your actions, Gabe's weight will increase by five pounds. By the time we are done, Gabe will have been perished by a heart attack and your precious Half Life 3 will crumble along with Valve.
    You should write sci-fi .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Legend...Nuff Said

http://i.imgur.com/KYnSe.jpg

because making difficulty options like this ruins the feel of the game.

Mass effect is supposed to be story driven yet challenging, Not a fucking book or a TPS.
    RPGs are books you play. What feel to the game is there? Seriously, there have been RPGs that have had difficulty settings like 'easy, normal, hard'. So this one wants to add a couple more to the tab. Good for it. Thats some cool innovation in my books.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    You should write sci-fi .
    Ah yes, but I do!

My short fan fictions follow the story of the great Gabelus, roamer of the Lost Land. Before the nukes hit, Gabe was a regular overweight man, however the aftermath gave him powers which he believes will help him set things right again. Using his impenetrable Stomach Shield and HL Dildo of Justice, he seeks and destroys those that defy him.

PS360 reads all my shit.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Legend...Nuff Said

Ah yes, but I do!

My short fan fictions follow the story of the great Gabelus, roamer of the Lost Land. Before the nukes hit, Gabe was a regular overweight man, however the aftermath gave him powers which he believes will help him set things right again. Using his impenetrable Stomach Shield and HL Dildo of Justice, he seeks and destroys those that defy him.

PS360 reads all my shit.
    That sounds like the next hit TV series starring Daivd Schwimmer.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Til Death Do Us Part

Lvl 2 - Bronze

http://i.imgur.com/KYnSe.jpg

because making difficulty options like this ruins the feel of the game.

Mass effect is supposed to be story driven yet challenging, Not a fucking book or a TPS.

it is criticism, Just hardcore criticism.

these people massively dislike her work and want to let her know. You can take it as attacking if you want but these people are genuinely pissed off about what she is doing.

She is ruining the foundation of gaming with her terrible ideas. sure the name calling gets a little too bad but wouldn't you guys do the same thing to stephanie meyer if you had the chance? Or what about Bobby Kotick?

she's basically the stephanie meyer of video games. She Insulted good Writers calling them "Old White men with beards", thinks that just because she's female and got a game industry job she's the hottest shit ever, and ruins good games with terrible romances. she deserves all the "attacking" she gets. There's no sexism involved in this either like all the people on her side have been claiming.

If you don't like the difficulty options don't play it. It's an BS excuse of saying I got an good reason to bash Bioware for anything. It's innovating to me in some form for certain people. I myself well long as they kept in the RPG mode of the game where you have to work towards the cut scenes instead of skipping one thing or another. That to me was well worth it.

I said before Criticism is fine. When you take it on an personal level that's when I draw the line. If you really don't like her work do the best thing that the hypocrits who say I'm going to boycott this and that do, don't buy it. It works believe me. As far as me doing that hell no. I won't go on someone's twitter or just the offical forum to attack someone instead I just won't buy shit. So far it worked for me with Activision shit. Screw that COD Elite when I can play TF 2 with the hats.

If people online can watch what they say it would be an better place instead of me using the BS meter all the time to find out what topics are bullshit and what are legit.
    Lord Fenton
    Gaming since the days of Kings Quest 3

Working On: Dungeon Defenders and Batman:AC(PS3) and Borderlands (PC Steam) til I start round 2 of my BG:EE good guy this time.
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimFenton

INTJ

Ah yes, but I do!

PS360 reads all my shit.

Those jokes wern't funny

maybe your next ones will be worth the weight.

PRO Member

4how is 4chan a bad group again? they made a game company donate money for the greater good.
    How is this logic sound again?

Let me apply the logic you just applied here to a couple situations...

By your logic guys like Mubarak and Gaddafi are good guys, they were the foundation that sparked these cultural revolutions in the Arab world.

The fact that some good came out of it doesn't justify the means through which it happened, particularly when you consider if people like those on 4chan and other internet bullies didn't exist, there would be no need for the charity cause in the first place.

I like ya One, and I did point out the Gabe Newell fat joke thing, but I do agree with PS360... They aren't really funny.

No need to bait the guy either, not that big a deal he doesn't remember a thread from Feb 2010.

Only reason I remember it is because I called ME2 to the PS3
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Those jokes wern't funny

maybe your next ones will be worth the weight.
    Laughing it off is the weigh to live.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    How is this logic sound again?

Let me apply the logic you just applied here to a couple situations...

By your logic guys like Mubarak and Gaddafi are good guys, they were the foundation that sparked these cultural revolutions in the Arab world.

The fact that some good came out of it doesn't justify the means through which it happened, particularly when you consider if people like those on 4chan and other internet bullies didn't exist, there would be no need for the charity cause in the first place.
    i was just messin around at that point, i didn't really take that seriously.

edit:

More Bioware forum fun thanks to 4chan, they are making fun of stanley woo now

check it out here

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/subindex/322
    Last edited by Ps360; 02-22-2012 at 03:41 PM.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

You know, I do not understand the hate towards Jennifer Hepler. Now, I can agree to a large extent that her writing was sub-par but that does not warrant personal attacks on her by man-childs of the Internet, that are from 4chan among others. They are always angry at everything, but life would be better if they just took things in stride. When will they ever learn?

And to the OP, your hate is without equal as well. Posting endless threads of Apple-bashing, and now encouraging hatred towards Jennifer Hepler. I am not a fan of either Apple or Jennifer, but I have more important things in life to do than insult a stranger over the Internet. Please grow up, thanks! =3

PS: Even if the Mass Effect universe is being strangulated into endless plot holes by Hepler, what can you do? If I were you, I would apply for a writing job at Bioware if I can and write better stories. This is far better than just sitting in front of a computer and dumping Hepler every chance you can get. Or maybe, just enjoy more games in the meantime (and finish their stories as well).

Self-correction: It seems Jennifer Hepler did not work on any Mass Effect story at all, but only Dragon Age and others.
    [ http://www.themarysue.com/bioware-je...-announcement/ ]
    Last edited by cocoasg; 02-22-2012 at 03:58 PM.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

INTJ

oh god im dying over here

http://i.imgur.com/UeruL.jpg

also people just don't like her writing. they are just showing how much they hate it.

Legend...Nuff Said

oh god im dying over here

http://i.imgur.com/UeruL.jpg

also people just don't like her writing. they are just showing how much they hate it.
    This is getting ridiculous PS360. How can you support these screwjobs? First they get a rage-on for Hepler and show her a wrath that is pointless, and now they decide to go after someone else in the company and make fun of his ethnicity. Your just as pathetic as them for fanning these flames.

L
    Til Death Do Us Part

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Glad you answered my question in my first reply. So basically your for those attacks. Let's get rid of the anon factor and see if you still do those attacks. Believe me you won't. You have an shield and that's bad my friend. So my final reply to you on this topic unless I get attacked than the fun begins What I am saying is that your just like the attackers worst on the net. Look at yourself in the mirror before attacking another Bioware employee. The sad thing is your still going to attack Bioware yet your going to buy their games. That's some serious issues PS360 you need to deal with. If an company pisses me off yeah I'd just stop buying their shit and go with the other guy to see what they have better. Do that is my advice instead of being an hypocrite.
    Lord Fenton
    Gaming since the days of Kings Quest 3

Working On: Dungeon Defenders and Batman:AC(PS3) and Borderlands (PC Steam) til I start round 2 of my BG:EE good guy this time.
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimFenton

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Self-correction: It seems Jennifer Hepler did not work on any Mass Effect story at all, but only Dragon Age and others.
    [ BioWare Supports Jennifer Hepler | The Mary Sue ]
    That's correct. Who the hell thought she wrote ME, though? It's well-written and makes sense!

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LordFenton View Post
    Glad you answered my question in my first reply. So basically your for those attacks. Let's get rid of the anon factor and see if you still do those attacks. Believe me you won't. You have an shield and that's bad my friend. So my final reply to you on this topic unless I get attacked than the fun begins What I am saying is that your just like the attackers worst on the net. Look at yourself in the mirror before attacking another Bioware employee. The sad thing is your still going to attack Bioware yet your going to buy their games. That's some serious issues PS360 you need to deal with. If an company pisses me off yeah I'd just stop buying their shit and go with the other guy to see what they have better. Do that is my advice instead of being an hypocrite.
    haven't attacked a single being.

just sitting on the sidelines watching the fireworks laughin all the way.

Legend...Nuff Said

haven't attacked a single being.

just sitting on the sidelines watching the fireworks laughin all the way.
    I call bullshit on that. By starting this thread and posting all the links to the attacks, your just as bad. Now, before someone says 'Oh, I'm just keeping people informed' that bullshit. Your not a news reporter, and you just admitted your doing this for the laughs. You seriously need to get a better life. Take a chill pill and go play whatever system you play for a week, or do something than be the troll king.

L
    Til Death Do Us Part

Lvl 8 - Gold

i was just messin around at that point, i didn't really take that seriously. edit: More Bioware forum fun thanks to 4chan, they are making fun of stanley woo now check it out here Choose Language | BioWare Social Network
    a bunch of ignorant racist trolls at 4chan,if you find this shit funny,there is something wrong with you.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    a bunch of ignorant racist trolls at 4chan,if you find this shit funny,there is something wrong with you.
    when your taking anything 4chan says seriously when they do stupid shit like this you have something wrong with you.

seriously.

also

The Dangers of Gamer Entitlement - GameSpot.com

audiobook version:

Legend...Nuff Said

when your taking anything 4chan says seriously when they do stupid shit like this you have something wrong with you.

seriously.

also

The Dangers of Gamer Entitlement - GameSpot.com

audiobook version:

Who cares who it is doing stupid crap, the point is its stupid, racist crap. The fact that your defending them is very sad.

L
    Til Death Do Us Part

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast