Shin Megami Tensei: DDS and DDS2 coming to SEN

This is a discussion on Shin Megami Tensei: DDS and DDS2 coming to SEN within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Here's one for my Jarpig homies, European RPG publisher Ghostlight Games announced that Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga and ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Shin Megami Tensei: DDS and DDS2 coming to SEN

Here's one for my Jarpig homies, European RPG publisher Ghostlight Games announced that Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga and Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 are on their way to the Sony Entertainment Network as digital downloads.

The DDS games were originally released on the PlayStation 2 and will be joining the PS2 Classics range at some as-yet-unknown date in the future. Those looking for something like Persona might want to check their expectations however - the Digital Devil Saga games are more pure JRPGs - and they are difficult for newcomers. Not as difficult as some of the other Shin Megami Tensei games on the PS2 like Nocturne, but still quite a challenge.

The games also ditch the monster recruiting system, instead letting you devour your opponents for added benefits - and devouring fits in with the games' darker themes. It's great to see some of the more mature JRPGs coming our way. Thanks to Joystiq for the link.
    Source: BigPond GameArena - News - Shin Megami Tensei: DDS and DDS2 coming to SEN

Lvl 6 - Silver

I cant wait even though I still have my PS2 versions bot no PS2. I never found them difficult at all.

Legend...Nuff Said

Damn...and I don't have a CC for it...I hope their are trophies.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Unless they do an HD upgrade to them they probably wont have trophies. But im with you on that one. I hope there are trophies for them also.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

well at least more people will be able to play these games now. yay!

Lvl 6 - Silver

I remember having to get DDS1 through Amazon at inflated prices because it was such a limited print run and wasn't in retail outlets near me.... and considering I have roughly three hundred and six GameStops within (reasonable) driving distance of my house, that's saying something!

Seriously? If this is true, this will totally make my day -- even if there aren't trophies. They're fabulous games in their own right, and the only reason I haven't played them (or Nocturne, or Personas 3 and 4) recently is because I don't have my PS2 plugged in. The soundtrack is pretty nifty, too (I have the full OST on CD).
    (this space intentionally left blank)