Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54

Why Last of Us is a Bullshit idea

This is a discussion on Why Last of Us is a Bullshit idea within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I see some of your points it will be another 'zombie but not zombie' game but as its ND i ...

  1. #21
    Lvl 3 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    144
    Reputation
    4

    I see some of your points it will be another 'zombie but not zombie' game but as its ND i will get it first day.

    Everyone has an opinion i suppose

  2. #22
    Nope, nothing
    Chambers35's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,674
    Reputation
    462

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    I'm sorry Chambers, but I have one thing to point out. Just because ND is developing the game, doesn't mean shit. They haven't released anything that isn't Uncharted since 2007. Don't let the popularity of Uncharted tell you this new game will be amazing, Now I'm not saying the game will be bad, I'm just saying that it could very well fail. The OP may be rushing his judgement, but so are you. No offense intended, good sir.
    What I'm trying to get at is, Uncharted has brilliant graphics, story, and gameplay, so why wouldn't this title? I very much doubt they would take the risk of making a completely new title if they knew it wasn't going to be great.
    But yeah I know where you're coming from, but I've got every confidence that it will be good, why else would they make it?

    From what I've read about the game, it sounds awesome, so my post is just my opinion.

    And the game will do really well, because it's made by ND, millions will buy it.

  3. #23
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    ChrisOi's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    167
    Reputation
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser View Post
    -You complain that the characters do not look funny/charasmatic/charming. Hold up, let me get Naughty Dog on the phone... "HAI GUYZ! YOU'RE APOCALYPTIC SURVIVAL STORY DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH SMIRKING IN IT!"
    This!

    But seriously I don't believe it's possible to accurately pass judgement on a game that isn't even released yet.


    Stacking - Machinarium - Hell Yeah - Cuboid - Critter Crunch - Thomas Was Alone - Contrast

  4. #24
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    AizawaYuuichi's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,014
    Reputation
    41

    Wow... way to judge a game off the initial teaser. Though, I agree that the way they decided to reveal the game was horrible, cause it almost completely turned me off, as I don't like zombie/horror games, period, no matter who makes them.
    However, after reading the review of the game in the latest issue of GameInformer, this truly isn't a zombie game. Yes, it has some in there (or infected, whatever), and no PS360, this isn't ICO either, as the girl actually fights on her own and can stay out of trouble if need be. Yes, you need to protect her if she gets ganged up on, but she's perfectly capable of staying hidden and out of danger at the same time.
    I'll admit, I didn't much care for this after that first teaser, but as information actually comes out about the game, I'm starting to like what I'm reading/seeing/hearing. Anyone who jumps on a hate wagon for this game before they even know point 1 about it is seriously a troll. You shouldn't judge a book by its cover, and in this case, we don't even know what the cover looks like yet. Just chill out.
    And yes, you totally have the right to freedom of speech, Angry Parmigiana. But using it to make yourself look like an ignorant jackass isn't the best use for it. Especially in your first post as a brand new user of these forums.

    Oh, and by the way, Welcome to the Forums!

  5. #25
    Fox
    Fox is offline
    Si vis bellum, para pacem
    Fox's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    541
    Reputation
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    I'm sorry Chambers, but I have one thing to point out. Just because ND is developing the game, doesn't mean shit. They haven't released anything that isn't Uncharted since 2007. Don't let the popularity of Uncharted tell you this new game will be amazing, Now I'm not saying the game will be bad, I'm just saying that it could very well fail. The OP may be rushing his judgement, but so are you. No offense intended, good sir.
    Here's the thing though: Look at Naughty Dog's track record.

    When's the last time they put out a bad - or even mediocre game? Even one of their first games - Rings Of Power on the Sega Genesis was a fun game.

    When a company has a good track record as Naughty Dog - AND an eye for what actually makes a good game the way they do, it's tough to not feel their approach to a new IP will be a good one.

    It's not just the popularity of Uncharted - it's Naughty Dog themselves that gets people excited.

    ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

    PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

  6. #26
    дурак
    Vulgar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Longview, WA
    Posts
    1,389
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Here's the thing though: Look at Naughty Dog's track record.

    When's the last time they put out a bad - or even mediocre game? Even one of their first games - Rings Of Power on the Sega Genesis was a fun game.

    When a company has a good track record as Naughty Dog - AND an eye for what actually makes a good game the way they do, it's tough to not feel their approach to a new IP will be a good one.

    It's not just the popularity of Uncharted - it's Naughty Dog themselves that gets people excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    What I'm trying to get at is, Uncharted has brilliant graphics, story, and gameplay, so why wouldn't this title? I very much doubt they would take the risk of making a completely new title if they knew it wasn't going to be great.
    But yeah I know where you're coming from, but I've got every confidence that it will be good, why else would they make it?

    From what I've read about the game, it sounds awesome, so my post is just my opinion.

    And the game will do really well, because it's made by ND, millions will buy it.
    All I'm saying, is don't get your hopes up too high. You never know what might happen.

    Btw @Fox: Have they released a mediocre game? That's a subjective matter. What you think is a great game, could be shit to another person. And sales don't make a game great.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

  7. #27
    Nope, nothing
    Chambers35's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,674
    Reputation
    462

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    It's not just the popularity of Uncharted - it's Naughty Dog themselves that gets people excited.
    Very good point, it's the same with Rockstar as well. There's only a few developers out there that actually generate hype just by being the company that's working on the game.

    "New IP coming in 2013 by Rockstar"

    What?!!?!!!!? Rockstar!? OMG!!!

  8. #28
    40oz to freedom
    Triptent's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Houstoned Texas
    Posts
    288
    Reputation
    23

    Toggle Spoiler



    Hey cool story angry person that just made thier first post out of nowhere bashing an unreleased ps3 exclusive

    hmm I don't see anything suspicious about this thread huuuurrrrrr

    hahaha im surprised that "raebus" person hasn't dropped a comment yet

  9. #29
    Regional Manager of War
    Admiral_Awesome91's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Empire City
    Posts
    1,677
    Reputation
    80

    The screenshots and the ideas of the story already intrigue me and I just need to see gameplay videos before I am sold on the idea. Hopefully at this years E3 I get to see some survival, action adventure, and third person mixture I am getting from the screenshots.

  10. #30
    Zip Zop, Zoobity Bop!
    bluechainsawman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    142
    Reputation
    6

    TL;DR...All I see here is a troll trying to get people pissed...I think Naughty Dog is well aware of what will be a good game...I will get this at release or not long after...


  11. #31
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    51
    Reputation
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Triptent View Post

    Hey cool story angry person that just made thier first post out of nowhere bashing an unreleased ps3 exclusive

    hmm I don't see anything suspicious about this thread huuuurrrrrr

    hahaha im surprised that "raebus" person hasn't dropped a comment yet
    BTW there is no way i am an Xbox fanboy ill post my opinions on that console another day

  12. #32
    DON'T BLINK
    Koimia's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Adams, WI
    Posts
    1,363
    Reputation
    80

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Here's the thing though: Look at Naughty Dog's track record.

    When's the last time they put out a bad - or even mediocre game? Even one of their first games - Rings Of Power on the Sega Genesis was a fun game.

    When a company has a good track record as Naughty Dog - AND an eye for what actually makes a good game the way they do, it's tough to not feel their approach to a new IP will be a good one.

    It's not just the popularity of Uncharted - it's Naughty Dog themselves that gets people excited.
    Way of the Warrior (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia would like to say hello to you

  13. #33
    PRO Member
    SideEffect's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Near...
    Posts
    855
    Reputation
    49



    Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe


    Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

    Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

    The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

    Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!




  14. #34
    Puns always intended.
    Larrydavidsavatar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    One dimension short of being in a 3D game.
    Posts
    2,432
    Reputation
    161

    Dude, step away from the screen, take a walk, calm the hell down and return when you start making sense there's a dear.

  15. #35
    Game on....
    Timeless-Enigma's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,915
    Reputation
    348

    Uncharted 4, Uncharted 5, Uncharted 6: Drake's Retirement Home Deception. I think no more Uncharted games is a great decision. 'The Last Of Us' looks great and i am looking forward to it.

  16. #36
    Zip Zop, Zoobity Bop!
    bluechainsawman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    142
    Reputation
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Uncharted 4, Uncharted 5, Uncharted 6: Drake's Retirement Home Deception. I think no more Uncharted games is a great decision. 'The Last Of Us' looks great and i am looking forward to it.
    Doesn't really matter anyway...2012 will probably be the end of gaming and pretty much everything else, according to Mayan prophecy...



  17. #37
    Game on....
    Timeless-Enigma's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,915
    Reputation
    348

    Quote Originally Posted by bluechainsawman View Post
    Doesn't really matter anyway...2012 will probably be the end of gaming and pretty much everything else, according to Mayan prophecy...
    If you honestly believe that rubbish then i feel sorry for you.

  18. #38
    Nope, nothing
    Chambers35's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,674
    Reputation
    462

    Quote Originally Posted by bluechainsawman View Post
    Doesn't really matter anyway...2012 will probably be the end of gaming and pretty much everything else, according to Mayan prophecy...
    I'm pretty sure they never actually predicted the end of the world, their calender just ended in 2012...

    Anyway

  19. #39
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Doctor_Doom's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Latveria
    Posts
    776
    Reputation
    46



    Saul says....Cool Story Bro.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

    Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

  20. #40
    NSFW
    gyrocop's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Land of Dumb Puns
    Posts
    1,488
    Reputation
    115

    God forbid game companies trying to do something else, than the same series all the time....




    Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

    Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO