Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Why Last of Us is a Bullshit idea

This is a discussion on Why Last of Us is a Bullshit idea within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I see some of your points it will be another 'zombie but not zombie' game but as its ND i ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I see some of your points it will be another 'zombie but not zombie' game but as its ND i will get it first day.

Everyone has an opinion i suppose

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    I'm sorry Chambers, but I have one thing to point out. Just because ND is developing the game, doesn't mean shit. They haven't released anything that isn't Uncharted since 2007. Don't let the popularity of Uncharted tell you this new game will be amazing, Now I'm not saying the game will be bad, I'm just saying that it could very well fail. The OP may be rushing his judgement, but so are you. No offense intended, good sir.
    What I'm trying to get at is, Uncharted has brilliant graphics, story, and gameplay, so why wouldn't this title? I very much doubt they would take the risk of making a completely new title if they knew it wasn't going to be great.
    But yeah I know where you're coming from, but I've got every confidence that it will be good, why else would they make it?

From what I've read about the game, it sounds awesome, so my post is just my opinion.

And the game will do really well, because it's made by ND, millions will buy it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser View Post
    -You complain that the characters do not look funny/charasmatic/charming. Hold up, let me get Naughty Dog on the phone... "HAI GUYZ! YOU'RE APOCALYPTIC SURVIVAL STORY DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH SMIRKING IN IT!"
    This!

But seriously I don't believe it's possible to accurately pass judgement on a game that isn't even released yet.

Stacking - Machinarium - Hell Yeah - Cuboid - Critter Crunch - Thomas Was Alone - Contrast

Lvl 9 - Gold

Wow... way to judge a game off the initial teaser. Though, I agree that the way they decided to reveal the game was horrible, cause it almost completely turned me off, as I don't like zombie/horror games, period, no matter who makes them.
    However, after reading the review of the game in the latest issue of GameInformer, this truly isn't a zombie game. Yes, it has some in there (or infected, whatever), and no PS360, this isn't ICO either, as the girl actually fights on her own and can stay out of trouble if need be. Yes, you need to protect her if she gets ganged up on, but she's perfectly capable of staying hidden and out of danger at the same time.
    I'll admit, I didn't much care for this after that first teaser, but as information actually comes out about the game, I'm starting to like what I'm reading/seeing/hearing. Anyone who jumps on a hate wagon for this game before they even know point 1 about it is seriously a troll. You shouldn't judge a book by its cover, and in this case, we don't even know what the cover looks like yet. Just chill out.
    And yes, you totally have the right to freedom of speech, Angry Parmigiana. But using it to make yourself look like an ignorant jackass isn't the best use for it. Especially in your first post as a brand new user of these forums.

Oh, and by the way, Welcome to the Forums!

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    I'm sorry Chambers, but I have one thing to point out. Just because ND is developing the game, doesn't mean shit. They haven't released anything that isn't Uncharted since 2007. Don't let the popularity of Uncharted tell you this new game will be amazing, Now I'm not saying the game will be bad, I'm just saying that it could very well fail. The OP may be rushing his judgement, but so are you. No offense intended, good sir.
    Here's the thing though: Look at Naughty Dog's track record.

When's the last time they put out a bad - or even mediocre game? Even one of their first games - Rings Of Power on the Sega Genesis was a fun game.

When a company has a good track record as Naughty Dog - AND an eye for what actually makes a good game the way they do, it's tough to not feel their approach to a new IP will be a good one.

It's not just the popularity of Uncharted - it's Naughty Dog themselves that gets people excited.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post

When's the last time they put out a bad - or even mediocre game? Even one of their first games - Rings Of Power on the Sega Genesis was a fun game.

When a company has a good track record as Naughty Dog - AND an eye for what actually makes a good game the way they do, it's tough to not feel their approach to a new IP will be a good one.

It's not just the popularity of Uncharted - it's Naughty Dog themselves that gets people excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    What I'm trying to get at is, Uncharted has brilliant graphics, story, and gameplay, so why wouldn't this title? I very much doubt they would take the risk of making a completely new title if they knew it wasn't going to be great.
    But yeah I know where you're coming from, but I've got every confidence that it will be good, why else would they make it?

From what I've read about the game, it sounds awesome, so my post is just my opinion.

And the game will do really well, because it's made by ND, millions will buy it.
    All I'm saying, is don't get your hopes up too high. You never know what might happen.

Btw @Fox: Have they released a mediocre game? That's a subjective matter. What you think is a great game, could be shit to another person. And sales don't make a game great.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Nope, nothing

Very good point, it's the same with Rockstar as well. There's only a few developers out there that actually generate hype just by being the company that's working on the game.

"New IP coming in 2013 by Rockstar"

What?!!?!!!!? Rockstar!? OMG!!!

40oz to freedom

Toggle Spoiler

Hey cool story angry person that just made thier first post out of nowhere bashing an unreleased ps3 exclusive

hmm I don't see anything suspicious about this thread huuuurrrrrr

hahaha im surprised that "raebus" person hasn't dropped a comment yet

Regional Manager of War

The screenshots and the ideas of the story already intrigue me and I just need to see gameplay videos before I am sold on the idea. Hopefully at this years E3 I get to see some survival, action adventure, and third person mixture I am getting from the screenshots.

Zip Zop, Zoobity Bop!

TL;DR...All I see here is a troll trying to get people pissed...I think Naughty Dog is well aware of what will be a good game...I will get this at release or not long after...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Triptent View Post

Hey cool story angry person that just made thier first post out of nowhere bashing an unreleased ps3 exclusive

hmm I don't see anything suspicious about this thread huuuurrrrrr

hahaha im surprised that "raebus" person hasn't dropped a comment yet
    BTW there is no way i am an Xbox fanboy ill post my opinions on that console another day

DON'T BLINK

Way of the Warrior (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia would like to say hello to you

PRO Member

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Dude, step away from the screen, take a walk, calm the hell down and return when you start making sense there's a dear.

Game on....

Uncharted 4, Uncharted 5, Uncharted 6: Drake's Retirement Home Deception. I think no more Uncharted games is a great decision. 'The Last Of Us' looks great and i am looking forward to it.

Zip Zop, Zoobity Bop!

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Uncharted 4, Uncharted 5, Uncharted 6: Drake's Retirement Home Deception. I think no more Uncharted games is a great decision. 'The Last Of Us' looks great and i am looking forward to it.
    Doesn't really matter anyway...2012 will probably be the end of gaming and pretty much everything else, according to Mayan prophecy...

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by bluechainsawman View Post
    Doesn't really matter anyway...2012 will probably be the end of gaming and pretty much everything else, according to Mayan prophecy...
    If you honestly believe that rubbish then i feel sorry for you.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by bluechainsawman View Post
    I'm pretty sure they never actually predicted the end of the world, their calender just ended in 2012...

Anyway

Lvl 7 - Gold

Saul says....Cool Story Bro.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

NSFW

God forbid game companies trying to do something else, than the same series all the time....

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast