Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC

This is a discussion on Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by M40A3 Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC From what I'm gathering around, this ...

Chuck Norris Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by M40A3 View Post
    Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC

From what I'm gathering around, this content used to be part of the game, now it was "stripped" away as a DLC for "extra profit. Also, this content adds up to the story.

My question is, whats up with DLC's now a days? Day 1 DLC? wtf? Shouldn't the content been on the game already? Why is there multiple versions of the same damn game? Bethesda is releasing another 2 games in 1 package, and one of the games is Oblivion? I mean Oblivion was released MULTIPLE times already, whats up with the milking?

ps: I haven't played any ME games YET, due to wanting to play ME1 but can't because I dont have a 360. I brought this up to question why gamers are being ripped off.
    So many examples of this horseshit. Look at Tiger Woods 2012, couple hundred bucks of DLC on day one. Single courses costing $7.99 a pop. You pay $59.99 For a half ass game, then by time you get the few extra course you damn near double the price. I had a platinum streak going, 2010, 2011, then 2012 was just an ignorant rip off and I ended my streak there.

Fact is until the gaming community bows up and says bullshit and refuses to pay for this shit it will only get worse.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Wargazsem View Post
    So many examples of this horseshit. Look at Tiger Woods 2012, couple hundred bucks of DLC on day one. Single courses costing $7.99 a pop. You pay $59.99 For a half ass game, then by time you get the few extra course you damn near double the price. I had a platinum streak going, 2010, 2011, then 2012 was just an ignorant rip off and I ended my streak there.

Fact is until the gaming community bows up and says bullshit and refuses to pay for this shit it will only get worse.
    That is what I have been saying. Look at Skylanders. Parents are flocking to buy every single character for it even though you don't need any beyond the starting 3. Companies are looking at that and are realizing they can get away with this on a whole new level. To complete skylanders it will end up costing you several hundred dollars and I know quite a few people who have bought them all.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Chuck Norris Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    That is what I have been saying. Look at Skylanders. Parents are flocking to buy every single character for it even though you don't need any beyond the starting 3. Companies are looking at that and are realizing they can get away with this on a whole new level. To complete skylanders it will end up costing you several hundred dollars and I know quite a few people who have bought them all.
    Damn it boy, we agree on something. Seems hell may freeze over from time to time.

Lvl 6 - Silver

boo hoo.... look here is something for ya... I hardly make ANY money... I can still afford DLC... its not a big deal... it's supporting companies that give you great entertainment..... so either buy it or don't

Local Drunk

To make the collector's edition look more attractive to buyers? I'm getting the collector's edition and couldn't have told you that this was included. This isn't this reason I pre-ordered it.
    Anyway back on track, DLC is (in most cases) a waste of money and now there are ultimate editions with all the dlc, may as well just wait for them.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by badreligionbomb View Post
    boo hoo.... look here is something for ya... I hardly make ANY money... I can still afford DLC... its not a big deal... it's supporting companies that give you great entertainment..... so either buy it or don't
    But you are supporting them by buying it new, they are not supporting you by adding on product that should have been included in the original disc.

Now if they were to lower the price of the game to 39.99 and then have dlc I wouldn't mind. The problem is they keep the game price the same but just remove product thus making you pay twice for something.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Chuck Norris Approved.

BooHoo, be my guest go buy a game that is 50% of a game and drop $100 bucks in DLC, to make the stripped down game turn into a actual game. Bravo, you are the hordes of people who blindly follow the game companies and the exact reason this practice has gone from a small test. To a full blown DLC raping every release. If that is how you feel more power to you, each his own.

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

DLC is getting as crazy as Ubisoft releasing Assassin's Creed 3 after ACR's 1 year anniversary, lol. But yea, really sucks for those who can't afford the N& Collector's edit. I guess the gaming industry will be following this thread for profit.

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Rockstar games also come with three or four expansion packs so how are they any different than Bioware? Sure Bioware games comes with a lot of useless DLC day one like certain weapons etc, but you don't have to buy it.

Rockstar's DLC isn't a simple dlc pack, It's mostly Full Fledged Games or missions. Like ballad of Gay tony, Lost and damned, La Noire missions.

Chuck Norris Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Rockstar's DLC isn't a simple dlc pack, It's mostly Full Fledged Games or missions. Like ballad of Gay tony, Lost and damned, La Noire missions.
    Too add to that dlc released later is fine and dandy, to have hundred's of dollars of dlc on day one is a joke. I have ZERO issue with dlc coming a month or so after release, that is fine and expected.

NSFW

Aaaahh... The ignorant comment from the "poor" guy with 150+ games. If we keep buying their unfinished games, they're gonna make the same unfinished games. I may be greedy in your eyes, but I find it fair to not pay extra for content, that once was included in the 60 dollar price tag, we have to pay to just get the now unfinished game.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    Available at launch or not the DLC for UC3 is disgusting. Far worse than what's going on with Mass Effect 3. Uncharted 3 DLC is the exact same as it was for Uncharted 2. If Naughty Dog aren't a prime example of how to treat your customers like twats then I don't know what is.

Having said that, DLC in general is increasingly becoming a complete joke.
    Last I checked UC2 didn't have any of the co-op stuff UC3 does... Why do I care that one of the map packs is from UC2?

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Content is irrelevant, particularly as R* DLC is more expensive than others.

Its all about when to me.

If GTA4 came out and Ballad of Gay Tony was available Day 1... I'd be saying the same thing.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

DON'T BLINK

Here is the thing though. It's a side story that's nice for the lore but not integral to gameplay. Sure you'd love the Prothean and the story but unless he comes with an "I win" gun, watch it on youtube or pay the 10 dollars. The game is finished, the dlc is just an added part to the lore.

My argument isn't that day one dlc is bs, it can be. But t
    o sit there and say that the game is "unfinished" IS bullshit. Can you play the game from start to end without the dlc? Yes. It's just fodder for the lore buffs.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

I would rather take this accusation with a grain of salt though. If what Bioware has been saying is true, this 'DLC' was created well after the main game was already completed, during the three months until certification. You can find more details here:

The Escapist : News : BioWare Defends Mass Effect 3 Launch-Day DLC

It's a pretty common question in this era of day-one DLC and BioWare is doing its best to answer it fully. First up is Mass Effect Producer Michael Gamble, who took to the forums to explain what the DLC is all about. And there are spoilers! Small ones, but consider yourself warned regardless.

From Ashes will include a Prothean squad mate, a trip to Eden Prime, a new weapon and an alternate appearance for everyone on the team, above and beyond the alternate appearances already included with the CE. "The Collectors Edition has been advertised from the beginning as containing a bonus character/mission, but we were not at liberty to provide the details," Gamble wrote. "The Prothean is optional content that is certainly designed to appeal to long-time fans, which is why he is part of the CE offering (the version many fans would be likely to purchase). Mass Effect 3 is a complete - and a huge game - right out of the box."

He also noted that development on From Ashes did not begin "until well after the main game went into certification," a point Executive Producer Casey Hudson expanded on through Twitter.

"It takes about 3 months from 'content complete' to bug-fix, certify, manufacture, and ship game discs. In that time we work on DLC," he wrote. "DLC has fast cert and no mfg., so if a team works very hard, they can get a DLC done in time to enjoy it with your 1st playthrough on day 1. On #ME3, content creators completed the game in January & moved onto the 'From Ashes' DLC, free w/ the CE or you can buy seperately."
    Whether they are telling the truth or not, even if the new character is a Prothean of all things, I will still be buying the game upon launch, the normal edition, that is. After all, it is still a complete game and I will not be buying the collector's edition or any DLC in the future as a mini-demonstration from me; as in, not paying with my wallet for 'extra' content until Bioware learns their mistakes. =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lvl 8 - Gold

Thanks for the replies guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    Here is the thing though. It's a side story that's nice for the lore but not integral to gameplay. Sure you'd love the Prothean and the story but unless he comes with an "I win" gun, watch it on youtube or pay the 10 dollars. The game is finished, the dlc is just an added part to the lore.

My argument isn't that day one dlc is bs, it can be. But t
    o sit there and say that the game is "unfinished" IS bullshit. Can you play the game from start to end without the dlc? Yes. It's just fodder for the lore buffs.
    From what I understand, the content IS part of the story, and was stripped away as a DLC. Sure the game is finished and done, and you can understand the story... but why take away 10 minutes of the story, and slap it to the fans face for a price? As bad enough, its a day 1 dlc... once again WHY isn't the content on the final game?

Sure, I can understand if it comes out a month or two AFTER ME3 was released, but to just announce it so suddenly as a DLC is wrong. Honestly, whether a game is good or not, we can't allow this type of bullshit. I know ME games are amazing, I played Dragon Age Origins and I can say Bioware is one hell of a team, but this is just wrong. Not only Bioware, many companies are doing this as other users stated in this post.

The One and Only

I got 8 letters to say, the first four being BULL!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    What did you expect? This is what happens when franchises become popular. I don't see anyone moaning about Naughty Dog and their god awful DLC for Uncharted 3.
    Naughty Dog made more content for the people that like the Co-Op and Multiplayer part of the game instead of taking missions out of SP like Bioware is doing. Also nobody is forcing you to buy Multiplayer DLC if you dont like it. And another thing everyone was moaning when Naughty Dog announced the DLC for Uncharted 3.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Egill View Post
    Naughty Dog made more content for the people that like the Co-Op and Multiplayer part of the game instead of taking missions out of SP like Bioware is doing. Also nobody is forcing you to buy Multiplayer DLC if you dont like it. And another thing everyone was moaning when Naughty Dog announced the DLC for Uncharted 3.
    Exactly, don't like multiplayer DLC? Don't buy it. As much as I love Uncharted, I don't waste money on the DLC.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Will that DLC be included with CE??? It better be !!!

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by amaar View Post
    Will that DLC be included with CE??? It better be !!!
    According to the op it will be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast