Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC

This is a discussion on Unacceptable: Mass Effect 3 Strips Core Content for Paid DLC within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by cocoasg I would rather take this accusation with a grain of salt though. If what Bioware has ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    I would rather take this accusation with a grain of salt though. If what Bioware has been saying is true, this 'DLC' was created well after the main game was already completed, during the three months until certification. You can find more details here:

The Escapist : News : BioWare Defends Mass Effect 3 Launch-Day DLC
    And this may, in all likelihood, be true. I know for a fact that games stop being developed months before they go gold because of all types of regulatory bodies they have to go through to be cleared for sale thanks to all the wonderful government regulations and private regulatory bodies that have to have a hand in the release of games. I also know they usually have to "go gold" about a month before they hit store shelves for logistical reasons.

So yes, ME3 coming out the first week of March means that the game was probably completed in the Dec/Jan time-frame... So that is true I am sure.

Here is the problem though, its the perception of things. I don't care if BioWare was thinking "Well, we got a couple months to kill while the game gets the clearance for gold... I don't wanna fire these developers, so lets start making some DLC."

You DON'T make that DLC available day 1 at a significant cost to the average customer. It just looks bad... Nobody wants to go to the store, pay 60 bucks for a game, come home and realize there is already paid-for side-missions available. I don't give a fuck if they think ME3 is a complete experience.

I am sure it is, but its the perception that I'm gonna buy ME3 and PSN will have a side mission for me to purchase release day.

I'll add that making it free for the CE edition doesn't make it any better! I can deal with the CE editions containing special costumes/weapons and stuff like that. Thats not really content, thats the difference between a hardcover and a softcover book. Sure the hardcover is nicer, but its the same book inside.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post

Toggle Spoiler

I do agree with the perception thing, so like I said before, I will only be buying the normal edition but voting with my wallet not to buy the collector's edition or any future DLC from Bioware for ME3. Time will only tell if other fans share the same mindset or whether Bioware continues with this attitude. =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by amaar View Post
    Will that DLC be included with CE??? It better be !!!
    Yes, it will be.
    - The Collectors Edition has been advertised from the beginning as containing a bonus character/mission, but we were not at liberty to provide the details. The Prothean is optional content that is certainly designed to appeal to long-time fans, which is why he is part of the CE offering (the version many fans would be likely to purchase). Mass Effect 3 is a complete – and a huge game - right out of the box. - Michael Gamble
    Choose Language | BioWare Social Network

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    I do agree with the perception thing, so like I said before, I will only be buying the normal edition but voting with my wallet not to buy the collector's edition or any future DLC from Bioware for ME3. Time will only tell if other fans share the same mindset or whether Bioware continues with this attitude. =3
    They will continue. Don't matter if your buying a regular edition and/or boycotting the future DLC, the only time your making a change is NOT buying the game. But I can understand some dedicated fans. As for the rest of the fans, can't say I feel the same.

Though Bioware did face some uproar on their forums.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    I got 8 letters to say, the first four being BULL!
    B-U-L-L-H-O-R-N? :stare:

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    B-U-L-L-H-O-R-N? :stare:
    B-U-L-L-P-E-N-S?

Hey, this could be a new forum game! (Complete the word, given a handful of starting letters and a word length.)
    (this space intentionally left blank)

INTJ

The Temple of the King

DLC's are starting to lose their meaning lately with certain company's. I can say that this is one potential reason why the gaming business may implode.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Not a mass effect player, but this makes me mad because it seems like this is where all games are headed.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Update: Yeah its been a long time. Heres Kotaku's and Forbes reply.

Mass Effect's Controversial Day-One DLC is on the Disc, Video Alleges

New Video Shows Mass Effect 3 Day-One DLC Already On Disc - Forbes

Now what, Bioware?

Lvl 7 - Gold

I'm fine with DLC that you get for pre-ordering but have to pay otherwise. It's DLC like this that's available on day one only in the collector's edition or a la carte that gets under my skin.

I don't need to pay $20 more for 3 hours more of game time, a fancy booklet, and a stupid metal tin around my game.

Instead of giving me lame ass guns for pre-ordering, how about the Prothean DLC?
    Last edited by Mihalick; 03-11-2012 at 04:59 PM.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 9 - Gold

I don't really have a problem with day 1 DLC if it adds to the game and (here's the key) could not fit on the disc, however if the DLC is already on the game disc that is bought and paid for it is beyond insulting to ask your consumer to pay for that content twice over.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

INTJ

1. Open Coalesced.bin with this http://wenchy.net/me3-coalesced-utility

2. Search for this:
    MemberValidCID=22, MemberAvailablePlotLabel=IsSelectableProthean,

3. Replace with this:
    MemberValidCID=, MemberAvailablePlotLabel=,

That's it. Javik the Prothean is now unlocked. "From Ashes" not required.

Last edited by Ps360; 03-11-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123