Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Diablo 3 coming to console(s), maybe.

This is a discussion on Diablo 3 coming to console(s), maybe. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Nagflar Yeah, keywords being "if done properly", which is rarely done (there are more examples of not ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Yeah, keywords being "if done properly", which is rarely done (there are more examples of not done properly than there are of done properly afterall). And the sole fact that you had issues selecting a specific unit you want proves already to be a pro in favor of the keyboard&mouse combo.
    Theres a difference between doing it right, and throwing something together like most cases. And if you played the game, you'd know that doesn't prove anything in favor of kb/m. There was a lot of bugs with the game and the interface. Which made the whipping hard with tons of units. If Sega took 5 minutes to make the icons smaller, and have an easier way of labeling you're units. Problem solved. But they didn't and rushed the game out. There was plans to fix a lot of the bugs, but since the game was DOA, we got left with what was released.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Theres a difference between doing it right, and throwing something together like most cases. And if you played the game, you'd know that doesn't prove anything in favor of kb/m. There was a lot of bugs with the game and the interface. Which made the whipping hard with tons of units. If Sega took 5 minutes to make the icons smaller, and have an easier way of labeling you're units. Problem solved. But they didn't and rushed the game out. There was plans to fix a lot of the bugs, but since the game was DOA, we got left with what was released.
    Sometimes they do spend the necessary time on the controls and they still fail to port them well, though.

No, I didn't, but you saying you had issues selecting your units inmediately gives me the impression that that's due to them not porting the controls as well as they could've and that the PC counter-part probably lacks said issue thanks to how easy it is to select units, buildings and what-not with a mouse on RTS games, so it is hard to believe that the game having a lot of bugs has anything to do with that problem specifically.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Sometimes they do spend the necessary time on the controls and they still fail to port them well, though.

No, I didn't, but you saying you had issues selecting your units inmediately gives me the impression that that's due to them not porting the controls as well as they could've and that the PC counter-part probably lacks said issue thanks to how easy it is to select units, buildings and what-not with a mouse on RTS games, so it is hard to believe that the game having a lot of bugs has anything to do with that problem specifically.
    I haven't really seen a game where they did spend the time on the controls and it failed. I think of shity controls from the start like Red Alert 3, where it's a nightmare. Most games or port of games it's so-so and doable. As in, you won't really notice a difference between a controller and a kb/m or the kb/m version will excel vs. it's port. But then there are others that go above and beyond to implement the controller the best they can. And imo, it turns out better than any kb/m could ever think about achieving. Whether it's the involvement of the game through the controller instead of point and click, the amount of skills and powers you can use, combos, as well as pressure sensitive moves on the fly which a kb just can't do unless it uses a different button as the "hard press" lol. But then that's another button to use. Now my whole argument is controller vs. kb/m not console vs. pc.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Heck, if they are porting The Witcher 2 to 360 why not this one. I am aware the game would probably have to be modified a bit but still, I don't wanna upgrade my Pc to play DIII.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Administrator

I heard a lot about the pc game, would be interested in checking it out on console. But it is hard to believe they would port after so many years.

MK Plat = Overrated

I bet the load times would be a bitch if they did port it over. I would love to see D3 come to PS3 with a KB/M compatibility. I wish all FPS on PS3 were KB/M also. I loved D2 and Counter Strike back in the days. KB/M is just what I'm used to. Never did get used to a controller for FPS. Don't have a MS based PC anymore so, I wouldn't be able to get D3 if they didn't port over.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

IF K/M works the problem would be that Diablo 3 would have low PC grade graphics and believe me some die hard Diablo fans would want to max their shit up with their high end PCs. Trust me the load times would be horrid UNLESS you do an full install of everything like 6-9 gigs and even there your going to have issues still. What I am saying also is that it would be an port. Trust me when N64 Starcraft was out it had an buttload of problems and believe me porting an RTS game to the consoles is bad. As far as Diablo 1 for PS 1 it took the ENTIRE memory card and at the same time it had some issues. Both of these games ported you do not see in the virtual console wii store (N64 Starcraft) and the PSN (Diablo 1). I am saying you would get an downgrade despite the mirror trophies the game would offer.

If it does port the control scheme has to be like Sacred 2. You have circle, square, triangle, and X. You have to than swap to set 5-8 with R2 and finally 9-12 to L2 to use the basic buttons in set 1 IE circle, square, triangle and X. You have to use L1 to loot. Camera movement is right stick and moving is left stick. Diablo 3 would have to stick to those otherwise it's going to be pretty funky playing the game with very limited buttons while the PC has the hardcore advantage of M/K.

Why I am not getting the game but posting in it? Just giving you all an reality check and those who played Sacred 2 would go "I'd wish Diablo 3 would have the Sacred 2 controls scheme to get my dungeon busting up on!".
    Lord Fenton
    Gaming since the days of Kings Quest 3

Working On: Dungeon Defenders and Batman:AC(PS3) and Borderlands (PC Steam) til I start round 2 of my BG:EE good guy this time.
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimFenton

Lvl 6 - Silver

the only reason id approve of this is so that i can get trophies for one of my all time favorites!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by LordFenton View Post
    What I am saying also is that it would be an port. Trust me when N64 Starcraft was out it had an buttload of problems and believe me porting an RTS game to the consoles is bad. As far as Diablo 1 for PS 1 it took the ENTIRE memory card and at the same time it had some issues. Both of these games ported you do not see in the virtual console wii store (N64 Starcraft) and the PSN (Diablo 1). I am saying you would get an downgrade despite the mirror trophies the game would offer.
    C&C and Red Alert for Ps1 worked great. MP was kinda a disaster though. Between the cable connection and big maps... It became a nightmare with how slow it ran. I only played N64's Starcraft a few times, I didn't see a problem with it.... Also Diablo 1 for Ps1 was fantastic. Had console only items which were fantastic, a same screen 2 player mode. But load times were a pain sometimes. Control wise though, never had a problem. Has Blizzard released ANY of their games through Wii or PSN? It'd be their decision to do it, not Nintendo or Sony's.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I grew up my childhood playing Diablo 1 back in the middle 90's in my old PC... and was epic, think I finished it like 8 times at least...

nowdays I'm a ps3 gamer and as much as I would love to see Diablo 3 on consoles, idk if the gameplay is meant for a console game, looks and works pretty neat in PC's / Mac's , but for a console game, I've always imagined a Diablo game with the style of the action adventure games for consoles, but withouth losing the RPG mode... what I mean is that I think a Diablo game could be awesome if it makes the transition that games like Grand Theft Auto made from GTA 2 to GTA 3. but obviously this is not going to happen for Diablo 3...

"Could this be the end?... Is this the way I died?...
    Sitting here alone, no one by my side."

Kiwi Defender

C&C and Red Alert for Ps1 worked great. MP was kinda a disaster though. Between the cable connection and big maps... It became a nightmare with how slow it ran. I only played N64's Starcraft a few times, I didn't see a problem with it.... Also Diablo 1 for Ps1 was fantastic. Had console only items which were fantastic, a same screen 2 player mode. But load times were a pain sometimes. Control wise though, never had a problem. Has Blizzard released ANY of their games through Wii or PSN? It'd be their decision to do it, not Nintendo or Sony's.
    I beg to differ with the original C&C for the PS1. I still have that thing, and even though I did enjoy playing it, it was frustrating at times, specially when trying to select individual units. Same goes for the Dunes game .

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I beg to differ with the original C&C for the PS1. I still have that thing, and even though I did enjoy playing it, it was frustrating at times, specially when trying to select individual units. Same goes for the Dunes game .
    Did you use the controller with the mouse? Or just the controller? I honestly never used JUST the controller in that game... Lol. And yah. I have Dune too. They all supported the mouse so it was fine. Like I said, only problems I had was with big maps it'd slow down...

Kiwi Defender

Did you use the controller with the mouse? Or just the controller? I honestly never used JUST the controller in that game... Lol. And yah. I have Dune too. They all supported the mouse so it was fine. Like I said, only problems I had was with big maps it'd slow down...
    Just the controller, no mouse, so yeah, it sucked. A lot . I hope this proves to you that the mouse is awesome and better than the controller .

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 9 - Gold

Just the controller, no mouse, so yeah, it sucked. A lot . I hope this proves to you that the mouse is awesome and better than the controller .
    For that game and since it was ported almost identical from the PC. Yah I agree. But I was responding to LF's comment about porting RTS's is bad for consoles when it's not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12