Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Diablo 3 coming to console(s), maybe.

This is a discussion on Diablo 3 coming to console(s), maybe. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I didn't see a Diablo sub section, so if this has been posted already disregard....

Chuck Norris Approved.

Diablo 3 coming to console(s), maybe.

I didn't see a Diablo sub section, so if this has been posted already disregard.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Nope, nothing

There's definitely a few threads about this coming to consoles, not this video though

I hope they do it and for PS3.

WHO DAT!!!!

loved that game on PC was so awesome for its time

Lvl 6 - Silver

Hopefully it'll be compatible with a mouse and keyboard for the PS3 version

Chuck Norris Approved.

I will leave the thread open for a bit so the video can be seen. Then I will close it shortly since it the info has already been posted. Thanks for the heads up Chambers.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    Hopefully it'll be compatible with a mouse and keyboard for the PS3 version
    Yeah, it's a must really!

Quote Originally Posted by Wargazsem View Post
    I will leave the thread open for a bit so the video can be seen. Then I will close it shortly since it the info has already been posted. Thanks for the heads up Chambers.
    Well this video hasn't been posted so I doubt it's a problem mate

Crocodile Hunter

Mayb it should be left to the PC? i have a feeling PS3 will fuck it up.... its not designed for consoles

Sig by Apokolypz

Chuck Norris Approved.

Think I played it last in the late 90's on ps2 before it went to pc for good.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Yeah, it's a must really!
    Just depends if they actually implement it correctly or not. It can play just as smooth, or better on a controller. Many games have proven this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    Mayb it should be left to the PC? i have a feeling PS3 will fuck it up.... its not designed for consoles
    Again, just depends if they design it properly or not. As far as graphics and gameplay is concerned. I fail to see how they can ruin it. Now the controls. That is what is going to make or break the game if it comes to consoles. It's been done many times already and is very successful on a controller. Some games, I really can't imagine playing with the K/M combo due to how bad and limited you are..
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Just depends if they actually implement it correctly or not. It can play just as smooth, or better on a controller. Many games have proven this.
    No they haven't, at best, you're restricted to 6 skills. That's what it can be anyway, 1 for , and then another 3 if you hold or something.

There's no way you will be able to use your skills as smoothly on a pad as you can with a keyboard.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    No they haven't, at best, you're restricted to 6 skills. That's what it can be anyway, 1 for , and then another 3 if you hold or something.

There's no way you will be able to use your skills as smoothly on a pad as you can with a keyboard.
    Then you are very closed minded on how the process works. Not to mention you only got like 8 skills to choose from in D2 with the F1-F8.

And you obviously haven't played any Action/adventure RPG style games for the Ps1, Ps2, or Ps3. Maybe the bad games limit you to that. Games like Sacred 2 would throw that argument out the window and personally it was easier and ran better than it's PC counterpart. Same can be said with Dungeon Siege 3. And all seriousness, the only thing a K/M has over gamepads is FPS's. I don't see how you come up with this conclusion. You have the D-pad. L2, R2, and can move at a much faster pace with a controller vs. a keyboard.

Kiwi Defender

Not interested. Ports are rarely on-par with the lead-developing platform, and this being a Blizzard game, I'd rather play it on a PC.

And all seriousness, the only thing a K/M has over gamepads is FPS's and RTS.
    There, fixed it for you mate.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Not interested. Ports are rarely on-par with the lead-developing platform, and this being a Blizzard game, I'd rather play it on a PC.
    Well, I wouldn't go as far as to say "rarely." I think the problem is the nature of what Diablo 3 is... Its just gonna be difficult to accomplish on the console. I'll defend the reality of the situational nature of controls anyday, I'll talk about how certain games are better handled by the gamepad and certain games are handled better by KB/M.

This is one of those games that is designed around KB/M. Its only going to be worthwhile on the consoles if it supports KB/M.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Chuck Norris Approved.

If it can be pulled off with success, I can see it being a force within the console market. I am looking forward to seeing the final result myself.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I played Diablo 2 on PC a LOT! Sure hope it's true that i can play Diablo 3 on PS3

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm too lazy upgrade my computer, I'd rather just have it all on the PS3. I hope this is true, I'll be looking forward to it!

Chuck Norris Approved.

Really worse case it doesn't hold up as well as a pc version. However if it can be somewhat decent on console I will be happy. I'm sure if everyone holds it up to the pc standards then it will get piss poor reviews and get looked over. I'm just looking for it to be an enjoyable game and not focus on what it lacks from the pc versions.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Considering that Sacred 2 had 12 shortcut keys on console, I'm pretty sure Diablo 3 could successfully make the jump to consoles as well. In my opinion, anything of an action-ey nature is much better served with an analog stick and attack button rather than point+click. Though, I am getting a new pc that just might be able to run D3. But I'll still get it on PS3 if it comes out for it.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Well, I wouldn't go as far as to say "rarely." I think the problem is the nature of what Diablo 3 is... Its just gonna be difficult to accomplish on the console. I'll defend the reality of the situational nature of controls anyday, I'll talk about how certain games are better handled by the gamepad and certain games are handled better by KB/M.

This is one of those games that is designed around KB/M. Its only going to be worthwhile on the consoles if it supports KB/M.
    As I've said before many times already, if done properly it WILL work out just as good, if not better with a controller like many games already have done. The kb/m combo actually makes the action way less enjoyable, and slower.

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    Considering that Sacred 2 had 12 shortcut keys on console, I'm pretty sure Diablo 3 could successfully make the jump to consoles as well. In my opinion, anything of an action-ey nature is much better served with an analog stick and attack button rather than point+click. Though, I am getting a new pc that just might be able to run D3. But I'll still get it on PS3 if it comes out for it.
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    There, fixed it for you mate.
    Hmm, mostly yes but still, if done properly it's pretty nice like on StormRise with the whipping. I never played the PC version, but the whipping made kb/m seem slow as shit for RTS. Only downside was if you had a ton of units on the map, you'd have issues selecting a specific unit you want.

Kiwi Defender

Hmm, mostly yes but still, if done properly it's pretty nice like on StormRise with the whipping. I never played the PC version, but the whipping made kb/m seem slow as shit for RTS. Only downside was if you had a ton of units on the map, you'd have issues selecting a specific unit you want.
    Yeah, keywords being "if done properly", which is rarely done (there are more examples of not done properly than there are of done properly afterall). And the sole fact that you had issues selecting a specific unit you want proves already to be a pro in favor of the keyboard&mouse combo.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast